Sengir Vampire vamp reprint do you think it mean Innistrad might bring back the sengir storyline

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
do you think baron sengir might be back in the Innistrad block
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I've been thinkign the good Baron woudl return for a while now:  Kar Sengir, the Dark Barony, Barony Vampire and now proper Sengir...

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

I'm begining to think its more likely with the Sengir vampire reprint.
do you think baron sengir might be back in the Innistrad block

Why would Baron Sengir be on Innistrad... he should be in Ulgrotha.

Magic has a rich history, and they like to tap into that. There's no reason why he'd show up on Innistrad.

* Innistrad may have a vampire-centric theme, which might be why he was reprinted.
… and then, the squirrels came.
for all we know he could've took over Ulgrotha and moved on to Innistrad
the last time he was used was before cold snap so he could've taken other planes
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Sengir would be on Innistrad because he had a planar portal and Homelands was wildly unpopular and thus the last thing Wizards would want to raise nostalgia for in a major release, thus forcing him to ditch Ulgrotha if he wants to appear.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

What Sengir Vampire reprint?
D&D 4E Herald and M:tG Rules Advisor I expect posters to follow the Code of Conduct, use Basic Etiquette, and avoid Poor Logic. If you don't follow these guidelines, I consider you to be disrespectful to everyone on these forums. If you respond to me without following these guidelines, I consider it a personal attack. I grew up in a bilingual household, which means I am familiar with the difficulties in adopting a different vocabulary and grammar. That doesn't bother me. Persistent use of bad capitalization, affirming the consequent, and flaming bother me a great deal.
Rule that I would change: 204.1b
204.1b Some effects change an object’s card type, supertype, or subtype but specify that the object retains a prior card type, supertype, or subtype. In such cases, all the object’s prior card types, supertypes, and subtypes are retained. This rule applies to effects that use the phrase “in addition to its types” or that state that something is “still a [card type].” Some effects state that an object becomes an “artifact creature”; these effects also allow the object to retain all of its prior card types and subtypes.
"Eight Edition Rules Update" We eventually decided not to change this template, because players are used to “becomes an artifact creature,” and like it much better.
Players were used to Combat on the Stack, but you got rid of that because it was unintuitive. The only phrase needed is "in addition to its types"; the others are misleading and unintuitive.
here is where reprint is confirmed
forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t...
just because baron sengir 1.0 is reserved doesn't mean they couldn't do a new version
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

The one that doesn't appear in that list of reserved cards.  Baron, Grandmother, and Veldrane -- not Basic Sengir Vampire

The one that doesn't appear in that list of reserved cards.  Baron, Grandmother, and Veldrane -- not Basic Sengir Vampire

and from what i heard granny might have been a walker and still be one so she could get a walker card
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White

and from what i heard granny might have been a walker and still be one so she could get a walker card

Nothing stopping any of those characters (and not-reserver Irini Sengir) from getting new cards...  Okay, Veldrane's probably ages dead, not being a vampire and all, but the Baron might have reanimated a favorite servant somehow.

And Grandmother Sengir is, indeed, one of those creature-planeswalkers along with Blind Seer (Urza) and Nicol Bolas.  Sort of like poor, confusing-then-nerfed Non-legendary Gerrard.  and Oracle en-Vec -- what's up with her lacking Legend status?  So, if the Sengir clan is back in business, I wouldn't be surprised to see "Ravi Sengir // Planeswakler - Ravi", or for that matter "(firstname) Sengir, The Dark Baron"

I want to be back on Ulgrotha!
I want to be back on Ulgrotha!

Heartily Seconded.
Do you think they'll man up and NOT retcon elves and goblins into the setting? A long shot, I know, but it could happen.
"The truth resists simplicity."
Some memorable quotes
57461258 wrote:
I know, as a good liberal scholar, that I'm supposed to respect every other belief and culture and what have you that comes along but... at the end of the day, when all is said and done, some things are just plain wrong.
92481331 wrote:
Venser "Ah, Hello Myr. This is the King. Long Time no see. We thought today would be a good day for rolling. The Myr Battlesphere. The Myr. Where the first rolls and the second follows. Roll, roll, roll. For that purpose we went to the bother, the bother of fixing up Mirrodin. The King of the Multiverse going to the bother just for rolling a Myr Battlephere, just for that, we went to the bother."
92126575 wrote:
Heard a joke once: Mare goes to doctor. Says she's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says she feels all alone in a threatening world where even ponies you thought were your friends can't be trusted. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Go to one of Pinkie Pie's great parties tonight. Party hard. That should pick you up." Mare bursts into tears. Says "But, doctor...I am Pinkie Pie." Good joke. Everypony laughs. Roll on snare drum. Curtains. Fade to black.
69511863 wrote:
Sure, "the average person" might go see Transformers 3 if s/he wants a good story, but that doesn't stop people from making decent movies. Hell, they even managed to make Batman into a respectable movie. "The average" person might like American Idol or Jersey Shore, but people still made The Wire.
57722938 wrote:
I think the people who would sit down and listen to a minstrel reciting Homer, or thought that novels were art, or read poetry were always a minority. It's a common viewpoint that art was better in the past because everyone's forgotten the bad stuff, while we haven't had time to forget the awful stuff that is current.
56738148 wrote:
For almost all Magic fans, the "story" of Ravnica, for example, is that it's a city world with ten guilds -- yes, for most, that's a "story." All but a tiny fraction of the fan base are entirely unaware of an elaborate plot perpetrated by Augustin IV to trick Agrus Kos and Szadek into breaking the Guildpact, thereby enabling the Azorius to take control. Likewise, the vast majority of Magic players don't know who Harbin is, or Nivea, or Al-Hayat, or Feather, or Jared Carthalion, or Rebbec, or Zagorka ... the list goes on and on.
57916198 wrote:
I'm pulling this out of nowhere and it has nothing like fact attached to it, but it cannot be disproven without breaking the fourth wall, and this is going to be my headcanon because it makes perfect sense. I posit [Tamiyo, the Moon Sage] writes the Planeswalker's Guides to planes.
And one more thing...
CANON is the collected events and details of a fictional work that come directly from its author or someone with equal authority to the author. CANNON is a weapon that fires metal balls at a target, usually a structure or a crowd of enemy combatants. Every time you confuse the two, I'm forced to break one of my own fingers.
Goblins were there
Goblins were there
Goblins were there

Orcs, perhaps, but I recall no Urglothan goblins in card, art, or flavor text.

I could be wrong, of course...

Goblins were ruled under by Eron the Relentless, but oddly this bit of fact doesn't appear on any cards.
When the Plains cultures came  together under Serra, the Goblins also organized to confront the threat  of the organized nomads.  The first Goblin King was chosen from all the  families, and Crank led his people until a desperate planeswalker  summoned Crank and the rest of the "high court" of the Goblin society to  fight in one of her duels.  They never returned.   

The Goblins,  however dismayed at the elitehood of the Goblin race being disintigrated  before their very eyes, quickly got over it and chose a new leader, a  Goblin Wizard named Aliban, the only survivor of the "mass  disintigration" that destroyed the elite core of their society. 
There  was little change until just over a hundred years ago, when a human by  the name of Eron marched into Koskun Keep and proclaimed himself King of  the Goblins.  Eron was quickly put to death, but his miraculous  recovery caused the Goblins to eventually put him on the throne. (He is  an immortal of sorts, courtesy of a wizards spell some years  beforehand.  See Eron the Relentless.)  Since then, Eron has managed to  build a strong culture out of the clans, families and bickering, and has  even negotiated a treaty with the Citizenship of Aysen - they supply  the Goblins food and goods in return for fair prices and bartering, and  he won't have his Goblins destroy all of the towns and cities of Aysen,  and lay siege to the capitol city of Onella.  To show his goodwill, Eron  had one of his Goblin Wizards teach the Northerners a spell that would  supply all the cobblestones they would ever need for building their  infernal roads.

I love having the Homelands Document in the M:EM Archives. Makes things so handy, doesn't it?
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

Ah, my bad.  forgot there even was a non-legendary version.
D&D 4E Herald and M:tG Rules Advisor I expect posters to follow the Code of Conduct, use Basic Etiquette, and avoid Poor Logic. If you don't follow these guidelines, I consider you to be disrespectful to everyone on these forums. If you respond to me without following these guidelines, I consider it a personal attack. I grew up in a bilingual household, which means I am familiar with the difficulties in adopting a different vocabulary and grammar. That doesn't bother me. Persistent use of bad capitalization, affirming the consequent, and flaming bother me a great deal.
Rule that I would change: 204.1b
204.1b Some effects change an object’s card type, supertype, or subtype but specify that the object retains a prior card type, supertype, or subtype. In such cases, all the object’s prior card types, supertypes, and subtypes are retained. This rule applies to effects that use the phrase “in addition to its types” or that state that something is “still a [card type].” Some effects state that an object becomes an “artifact creature”; these effects also allow the object to retain all of its prior card types and subtypes.
"Eight Edition Rules Update" We eventually decided not to change this template, because players are used to “becomes an artifact creature,” and like it much better.
Players were used to Combat on the Stack, but you got rid of that because it was unintuitive. The only phrase needed is "in addition to its types"; the others are misleading and unintuitive.
Hopefully we will meet more of the Sengir clan.

Also think goblins could be rested for a set. 
"Could be" as in "could stand to be" or "might be"?

If it's the first, I agree wholeheartedly.

If it's the second... eh, I wouldn't get your hopes up. :P Too many people love the little buggers and heaven forbid we prevent Goblin Tribal for being built for one block.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
goblin tribal will be a deck with goblin grenade coming back
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I was so delighted to see more throwbacks to the Homeland's beings/races/stuffs that I too joined the cause of wanting to see it more in a set.

However, after what has transpired with the Quest for Karn and with disarray seemingly rampant in Creative right now... I'd rather have them be throwbacked than used again with this Creative Management in place. Undecided Ulgrotha AND Kamigawa.

Worst, they're going to make a familiar character return for marketing purposes and then be disposed off to serve their own purposes....
Question:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but do we actually have any reason to think that Sengir has anything whatsoever to do with Innistrad?
If Innistrad is supposed to be its own plane (and I'm pretty sure it is), then it is emphatically impossible for it to have anything to do with anything in the Homelands, because that is a different plane. Unless the Sengir family got transplanted somehow to Innistrad, it doesn't make any sense.
If Innistrad is supposed to be its own plane (and I'm pretty sure it is), then it is emphatically impossible for it to have anything to do with anything in the Homelands, because that is a different plane. Unless the Sengir family got transplanted somehow to Innistrad, it doesn't make any sense.

For all we know, the Baron has already discovered what is in store beneath Castle Sengir and has started to branch out.

Or.... Innistrad is where Sorin was from. :P
If this is the case I do hope they reprint the original image for the Sengir Vampire because the current artwork for that card is atrocious.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.