Can't access content

49 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just subscribed to D&D Insider today. When I try to access the D&DI only content, it still goes to the page telling me to subscribe to D&DI, even though I have already subscribed and am logged in to my account.

What do I do?! I want to use the tools they're offering, but their website seems unwilling to make them available to me...

I'm logged in to my account, and my credit card has been charged for the subscription - Why won't it let me use the D&DI tools?
Funny, I just signed up as well and was about to ask the same question. :p
Quoting from another thread, those two posts are from about 13 hours ago.

I spoke with customer service today and according to the lady I spoke with they are aware of the issue and supposedly are trying to resolve it. According to her it is an issue they have had just this weekend. She also told me that your subscription does not begin until you actually access the content. Anyways not sure what customer service has told anyone else so far but thats what they are telling me. Doesn't help get me any closer to access but at least they finally answered the phone. Oh yeah, she also stated access is 12 to 24 hours so check again then.

Alright latest update I called back to customer service and spoke with someone about the issue once more and was told it could be as long as 48 hours before new subscribers will have access...

It seems they're having technical issues during this weekend. I'm with you guys, too, got charged for my subscription but still can't access the content. I hope they fix it today.
This was an 'it can wait til Monday, don't call a dev in for overtime' issue.  Tongue out

Broken literally all weekend.
There may have been a problem with one of the servers over the weekend. We're looking into it, and we'll get back with more info as soon as we have it.

Steve

If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.

All entitlement issues from the weekend should be cleared up now. If you subscribed over the weekend and still don't have access, contact Customer Service right away, and they'll get it straightened out for you. There's a link to Customer Service at the bottom of the page. 

Steve 

If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.

I cant acess mine still submitting request
Can't access either. Anyone has a clue how do i proceed? Im my case I haven't received the email confirming my subscription either.
I just subscribed to D&D Insider today. When I try to access the D&DI only content, it still goes to the page telling me to subscribe to D&DI, even though I have already subscribed and am logged in to my account.

What do I do?! I want to use the tools they're offering, but their website seems unwilling to make them available to me...

I'm logged in to my account, and my credit card has been charged for the subscription - Why won't it let me use the D&DI tools?

This is not a short term issue, I'm having it now months later...
I have the same issue, purchased a 1y DDI Sub, via PayPal, more than 12 hours ago and still have no access.
Calling customer support directly would cost me more than the subscription so I'd rather see them fix the issue.

My PayPal Account has been charged and the invoice shows that everything is ok up until the moment I try to access the content.
I also cannot access my content. I subscribed yesterday, August 11, 2013 for a one-month subscription. I received my confirmation e-mail, and I am showing an active account in "My Subscription History", but if I try to access any insider-only content, it just asks me to subscribe again.
Jive, your DDI Icon isn't showing up under your avatar yet.  My guess is that the transaction hasn't made its way through the system yet. 

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Been over 8 hours and I also don't have access to the content.  This is a bit ridiculous that I have to wait this long to access the features.  I sent a question through customer service, but no responce yet.  
I can't even send a question to customer service because it wont let me log in to do it. Not even a wrong username/pass error, just says unable. As it stands right now, I've thrown money at WotC for nothing but the privelege of frustration.
Purchased 3 month subscription on saturday.   Subscription status says that it is active, but like others I cannot access ANY of the content.   I had plans to do some gaming this week with my friends;  As it stands, I've told all 3 of them not to bother, since Wizards can't seem to get it together. 

Paying for a product, even a subscription, and not having said product delivered to multiple customers...  after the website REPEATEDLY advertises the subscription as "instant access" to the content... I'm ALSO waiting for response from customer service a full business day later.

We're so interested that we're literally throwing money at the screen, Wizards.   Please don't leave us hanging.
I also cannot access my content. I subscribed 2 days aggo, August 10, 2013 for a one-month subscription. I received my confirmation e-mail, and I am showing an active account in "My Subscription History", but if I try to access any insider-only content, it just asks me to subscribe again.

Submited ticked to customer support 2 days aggo. Still no answer. I guess no DnD for me this week! Where is the advertised instant access? 
Log; 1483 FR, Highsun 13

It has been 2 days and I am still waiting for access to the tower of knowledge.
That blasted wizard said that after depositing the coins in the well I would be granted access to the inner sanctum and all the lore and wisdom of contries past would be at my fingertips.

Maybe I should have used a letter of credit instead dropping an IOU from Coinfriend.
I've already burnt two prayers to the gods, asking for their intervention in granting me access but to no avail and now I am out of options. I could always storm the gates with my frost crossbow but that would most probably result in my incarceration in a local cell but at least it would keep me, and my fellow travelers, amused for a while.

Either way, frustration is my mood of the day.
Same problem as the rest of you.  Subscribed 2 days ago.  Just get re-directed to subscribe again.   My account shows I purchased the subscribtion.   Customer support has not responded to my support ticket.

Kinda makes you wonder.  If this wasn't WotC,  I would be calling my credit card company and disputing the charge.  May still end up doing just that.  
Same problem as the rest of you.  Subscribed 2 days ago.  Just get re-directed to subscribe again.   My account shows I purchased the subscribtion.   Customer support has not responded to my support ticket.

You should be good since I can see your DDI icon now.  Same with the OP.  The rest of you though, I'm not sure what the hold up is.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

You should be good since I can see your DDI icon now.  Same with the OP.  The rest of you though, I'm not sure what the hold up is.

I got mine to work by calling the customer service number.  I tried their email, but after two days all I got was a request for security questions from them.  Phone support had it working in about 45 minutes.  
Did they say what the issue was?

I also cannot access my content. I subscribed 3 days aggo, August 11, 2013 for a one-yar subscription. I received my confirmation e-mail, and I am showing an active account in "My Subscription History", but if I try to access any insider-only content, it just asks me to subscribe again.

Submited ticked to customer support 2 days aggo. Still no answer either.
I also cannot access my content. I subscribed 3 days aggo, August 11, 2013 for a one-yar subscription. I received my confirmation e-mail, and I am showing an active account in "My Subscription History", but if I try to access any insider-only content, it just asks me to subscribe again.

Submited ticked to customer support 2 days aggo. Still no answer either.

Ok, at least I am not the only one. It's not impressive that this has been going on for multiple days.
Same boat , subbed a day ago still no access.
I've got no access either. Subscribed 24 hrs ago. 
Yeah i should have read the forums first before ordering.  I placed my order 3 hours ago and the subscription isnt associated with my account.  Think ill just stop the payment.
Add me to the list. I have subbed previously with no issues. Email off to tech support.
Same here. It's been about 24 hours. It looks like from previous iterations of the same issue that Wizards has a bad weekend for this about once a year. If it isn't sorted by Saturday (the day I game) I'm just going to cancel and call my credit card company. I paid for 90 days. Not 89, 88, 87, 86, 85....
Been almost 24 hours for me as well. Is there a ETA on when this issue will be fixed? Would like to start using this sooner rather than later
If you all haven't called Wizards tech line yet, or emailed them, you should.  Failing that, I guess wait until it pops in.  I see some of you who say you don't have it now have your DDI icon on your account so it should be working for you.

I still have no acess either. I called cust service and was told that it can take up to 6 hours for Wizards to actually get the payment info, and then they have to activate the subscription...it's been a day, gonna call again to see what's up.
I'd emailed WotC tech support yesterday. I've only received an auto-reply thus far. But, today I called support. They directed me to call Digital River, who directed me back to WotC. When I called Wizards, they were going to escalate it, and see if they could grant interim access. I think the key to solving these issues is to call first, and get the ball rolling; don't wait, be proactive. The reps at WotC (not Digital River) seemed very helpful, and I'm confident that they'll get it done.
Did they say if there were going to fix it manually to allow access or were they going to patch it and fix everyone at one time?
Also did they give an estimation on how long it would take?

I'm having the same issue and it's rather frustrating. I purchased my subscription 24 hours ago so my son, wife and I could all use it and I can't access anything! I'm going to call as soon as I get off work. Hopefully that speeds up the process..
If the D&D Insider: FAQ for Subscriptions is of no help and you still can't access DDi tools after 24 hours, you should contact Customer Services
Same boat.  I subscribed this time yesterday and still have no access.
I notice that everyone has had the same issue, but does anyone have an answer just yet?
I kinda ordered this so I could create a character by the time I play tomorrow and I have emailed them and tried calling but it says the number is not connected. Blows my mind at how unproffessional they are and how difficult it is to get through. 
I'd emailed WotC tech support yesterday. I've only received an auto-reply thus far. But, today I called support. They directed me to call Digital River, who directed me back to WotC. When I called Wizards, they were going to escalate it, and see if they could grant interim access. I think the key to solving these issues is to call first, and get the ball rolling; don't wait, be proactive. The reps at WotC (not Digital River) seemed very helpful, and I'm confident that they'll get it done.

What number did you call? 
When I tried it said the number wasn't connected.
And what country are you in because that might make a difference although i did use the area codes. 
I sent the email and this morning I had an email saying I had access and sure enough it's working. It took less then 48 hours in total. Hang in there. 
You know the song. Same thing here. I suscribed one hour ago and I can't access D&D Insider. Plus, I guess it really doesn't help that I'm in France.
There must be something wonky going on.

On the 24th, I was having trouble getting back onto my non-D&DI account (which I'm finally able to access).  Despite numerous emails, no reply.  I just finally figured it out.

Once I *did* figure it out, I subscribed for 3 months of D&DI.

Nothing on the 25th.  I figured it would just take time.  Maybe it was just the weekend.  (I'm in the USA - calling within the USA.)

I was disappointed to learn that I still didn't have access today.  I sent another email.  I called 3 numbers:  the 1-800 Customer Service number (nothing... no connection whatsoever); then the 405-direct number (it sounded like a dial-up connection); the Hasbro Wizards of the Coast (it rang... but no answer).

If there's a glitch in the system, please just inform us!  I'm sure you're scrambling to fix the problem - but communicating that would help ease the frustration.

Argh.

Sign In to post comments