Group hug EDH

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm getting into EDH (Just built Jor Kadeen as my 1st) and was wanting to play a fun group hug style edh deck. A friend mentioned people will use Pheldagrif as group hug general, but I was wondering if anyone had links to any others? I'm not looking to copy an exact list, but I'd like to find at least a shell for it, and haven't been able to so far.
"My name is Cael and Sonat Hedo-Lina of Lorrd. You killed my father, prepare to die!"
Mana doublers that hit everyone.
Howling Mine effects.
Stuff that let everyone tutor for land, or let them play more land per turn.
Awakening is one of the group-huggiest cards ever.
Play EDH? Interested in trying EDH? Want ideas for new and exciting generals? Have certain colors in mind for your next deck, but haven't picked a general yet? Boy have I got the thread for you! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22946049/Comprehensive_Index_of_Generals
Phelddagrif is just generally accepted as the best group hug general. You play bant colors which have really good group hug style cards and your generals abilities are very group hug as well.

Go to google and look up Dale Lovelace Group Hug EDH and look at his list. I'm not advocating net-decking, but it'll give you a good general idea. He also has a deck tech on youtube as well. 
This is Dale Lovelace's deck. I also don't advocate net-decking but it's a place to start.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRXRjeFAc_I

Basically just look for cards that make the game even for everyone. I would also take a look at the cards that are coming out in June, particularly the RED/BLUE/WHITE deck with Numot, the Avenger. That seems to have a lot of things that could really support Group Hug based off of it's name.
Is there also a variant that is group huggy yet able to win? You know, everybody loves you or playing Prosperity, but you do follow it up with Multani, Maro-Sorcerer. Like a love me hate me deck?
I am Blue/White
Mine usually wins with Psychosis Crawler (if it wins).
Play EDH? Interested in trying EDH? Want ideas for new and exciting generals? Have certain colors in mind for your next deck, but haven't picked a general yet? Boy have I got the thread for you! http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22946049/Comprehensive_Index_of_Generals
Sign In to post comments