Kemba, Kha Commander

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
So many cats! =^_^=

This deck started out with something like 20 equipment, but has been slowly weeding out the sub-par ones in favor of other cards that are more fun/effective. I'm currently a fan of where the mix has landed.

I'm avoiding Jitte but could tolerate the inclusion of at least one more sword of and.  Probably Sword of War and Peace. I recently buffed the amount of hexproof/shroud equipment by including Mask of Avacyn. My main question now is whether or not Champion's Helm deserves a spot over Swiftfoot Boots.

This deck has a Soldier sub-theme, which also lends itself naturally to a token subtheme as well.

Commander: Kemba, Kha Regent

[16] Equipment:
Argentum Armor
Basilisk Collar
Batterskull
Champion's Helm
Darksteel Axe
Darksteel Plate
Lightning Greaves
Loxodon Warhammer
Mask of Avacyn
Pennon Blade
Sculpting Steel
Strata Scythe
Sword of Feast and Famine
Sword of Vengeance
Trailblazer's Boots
Whispersilk Cloak

[7]Token Spells:
Conqueror's Pledge
Elspeth Tirel
Knight-Captain of Eos
Myr Battlesphere
Storm Herd
Thopter Assembly
White Sun's Zenith

[4] Defense:
Ghostly Prison
Leonin Abunas
Norn's Annex
Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant

[5] Life-gain:
Ajani's Pridemate
Alabaster Mage
Felidar Sovereign
Kemba's Skyguard
Serra Ascendant

[4]Card Advantage:
Mentor of the Meek
Ranger of Eos
Razor Hippogriff
Reveillark

[8]Creature Buffs:
Ajani Goldmane
Armored Ascension
Coat of Arms
Crovax, Ascendant Hero
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Marshal's Anthem
Oathsworn Giant
True Conviction

[3] Mass Removal:
Martial Coup
Scourglass
Hour of Reckoning

[12]Equipment Matters:
Armament Master
Auriok Steelshaper
Kor Outfitter
Leonin Shikari
Puresteel Paladin
Quest for the Holy Relic
Raksha Golden Cub
Steelshaper Apprentice
Steelshaper's Gift
Stoneforge Mystic
Stonehewer Giant
Sunspear Shikari

[5] Mana Fixing:
Caged Sun
Endless Horizons
Gauntlet of Power
Kor Cartographer
Palladium Myr

[3]Other:
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Metallurgeon
Mirran Crusader

[32] Land:
Darksteel Citadel
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Kabira Crossroads
Mishra's Factory
Sejiri Steppe
Tectonic Edge
Urza's Mine
Urza's Power Plant
Urza's Tower
[23]Plains
If you're looking for more good equipment the Kaldra set is pretty good and if you have a way to tutor up all three pieces they can be pretty ruthless.  If you can get one for cheap, you should also grab Batterskull which is just a beast on any double strike creature, which also means that Fireshrieker probably isn't a bad idea.
Fireshrieker
Grappling Hook
The Kaldra Set

Otherwise, apart from swords and Jitte (which you've said you don't want), it seems like you have a fairly solid equipment list.
I have to say I'm confused by the number of people telling me to use double-strike equipment. It seems underwhelming to me. That's the same reason why Kor Duelist didn't make it into the deck. A 1/1 with double-strike will never save me from anything.

Can someone elaborate on why this is a good idea?
Long overdue update ^_^
I fail to see Konda's Banner which saddens me greatly.
Its going to eat me!
Quotes and such
57044478 wrote:
57311168 wrote:
What happens if there's a tie for first?
Monkey knife fight
I fail to see Konda's Banner which saddens me greatly.

I pulled it out, it wasn't really doing much especially when Kemba wasn't online. Sorry ^_^
I personally would find a replacement for Armament Master it just seems like there aren't enough Kor to make it worth while.
I personally would find a replacement for Armament Master it just seems like there aren't enough Kor to make it worth while.

I was thinking the same thing actually, though I'm not sure what would be better in that slot at the moment. It does make Conqueror's Pledge better though and is no less narrow than Raksha Golden Cub
I would ditch Mask of Avacyn because it is underwhelming for what it does and it's costs and use Champion's Helm in place of it. Also, Keep Swiftfoot boots in there man  because you can't attach stuff while something has the Greaves on it and if you "take it off" to equip somthing else, that leaves an opening for them to kill your guy, while Swift foot can stay on all the time. You should run both.

Also, I suggest running as many of the Mirrodin swords as you can get your hands on, all of them really are some of the best equipment ever.

Also, try a Bonehoard, since guys die all the time, in an average edh game it can be a +8+8 and more easy.
I'm not sure.  I do know a personal preferance of mine is Opal Titan.  Might not be for this deck though.
What about Sword of the Paruns?

Yeah actually, that seems like a perfect analogue. I'll have to go find a copy somewhere.

I am unsure if I agree with Helm over Mask, since the hexproof is a big deal and I'm not sure it's better to only have it on the couple of legends I have in the deck. 

If anything I'm likely to replace the helm with the boots.