Gamma World Index

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was thinking of compiling an index of the 3 gamma world books in a spread sheet, but I was curious if anyone on the forums has already done this.

Specifically, the origins and vocation feats compiled in a spreadsheet so that I can use this stuff at work without having books on my desk.

If no one has started one then I suppose I'll have to trudge forward.
My Blog, mostly about D&D.
57304548 wrote:
I imagine that Majestic Moose plays a more "A team" type game than most of us. By that I mean he allows his players to make tanks out of a backyard playground set since the players have more "fun" that way.
Actually I much prefer The Losers.
Show
When I and my friends sit down we want a game of heroic fantasy. Rare is the moment when I have cried out in a video game or RPG "that's unrealistic." (Unless there is no jump button. Seriously makes me mad, single handedly ruined the N64 zelda series for me, but that's a digression of a digression.) I mean, we play games with the force in galaxies far, far away, with supernatural horrors, dragons and demi-gods, alternate cosmologies, etc. Reality and it's effects hold little sway to what makes a Heroic fantasy game fun IMO. Just repeat after me: You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are not how much you've spent on WotC products. You are not whatever RPG you play. You are one of tens of thousands of people that spend money on a hobby. You will not always get what you want
i don't think anyone has. if you were to make this, and it was complete, it would be an excellent resource to players and GMs alike. i would suggest that you get some proofreaders, (probably some on the fourms), to make sure that all details are correct. in addition, i would include some references to the normal rulebooks for applicable mechanics not covered in the GW rule book, particularly charging.
This would be awesome. The downside of having things spread among three rulebooks is that I can never quite recall where I saw something. (Not to mention rules not specifically covered in GW but which can be found in 4E rulebooks.)

Nice idea!
Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playtesting D&D Next and liking it! OD&D player since 1975
Man.  Those Star wars Saga guys really spoiled me.  I was hoping someone else was carrying the torch on somethign like this already. Laughing

I suppose I could get to work on it.  If anyone wants to help out I'd gladly accept, especially since the data entry can get to be a bit thick.  Let me know and I'll do what I can to share with the community when I get to cracking.
My Blog, mostly about D&D.
57304548 wrote:
I imagine that Majestic Moose plays a more "A team" type game than most of us. By that I mean he allows his players to make tanks out of a backyard playground set since the players have more "fun" that way.
Actually I much prefer The Losers.
Show
When I and my friends sit down we want a game of heroic fantasy. Rare is the moment when I have cried out in a video game or RPG "that's unrealistic." (Unless there is no jump button. Seriously makes me mad, single handedly ruined the N64 zelda series for me, but that's a digression of a digression.) I mean, we play games with the force in galaxies far, far away, with supernatural horrors, dragons and demi-gods, alternate cosmologies, etc. Reality and it's effects hold little sway to what makes a Heroic fantasy game fun IMO. Just repeat after me: You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are not how much you've spent on WotC products. You are not whatever RPG you play. You are one of tens of thousands of people that spend money on a hobby. You will not always get what you want
If you're looking for an index to the rules, I've written one up here:

boldpueblo.com/dazed/2011/01/dd-gamma-wo...

Doesn't sound like what you're asking about, though.
Gamma World Downloads: Character sheets, GM screen, adventures, monsters, house rules, cards, and more! You can usually find my posts at the Gamma World forum.
I've got lists for monsters, origins, and Alpha Mutation and Omega Tech cards (this last compiled by somebody else on this forum).  They could all use a little work, but they're solid start, if you wanna copy them and mess around with the data.
I've got lists for spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhoRsOg..." title="spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhoRsOg...">monsters, spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc..." title="spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc...">origins, and spreadsheets2.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc..." title="spreadsheets2.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc...">Alpha Mutation and Omega Tech cards (this last compiled by somebody else on this forum).  They could all use a little work, but they're solid start, if you wanna copy them and mess around with the data.

Good sir, your links doth be broken.

Aw, whaaaat.  Sorry; I'm not used to this forum's weird, quasi-WYSIWYG formatting stuff.  Anyway, I'll have to fix that tonight.  I can't get to Google Docs from this machine.
I've got lists for spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhoRsOg..." title="spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhoRsOg...">monsters, spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc..." title="spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc...">origins, and spreadsheets2.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc..." title="spreadsheets2.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc...">Alpha Mutation and Omega Tech cards (this last compiled by somebody else on this forum).  They could all use a little work, but they're solid start, if you wanna copy them and mess around with the data.

Monsters: spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhoRsOg...

Origins: spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc...

Alpha Mutation & Omega Tech: spreadsheets2.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc...

Just an FYI: You can get to the links by hitting quote then right-clicking on the link url in the quoted text.