Not sure how many of you play/played SWG but...

This was posted over on the main Star Wars Galaxies website earlier this evening. All of SOE has been down for the majority of the day. While there has been personal information taken, it seems that any credit card information they could have been taken was several years old.

Now I don't know about you but I don't tend to switch credit cards too terribly much. While the expiration date may have changed, I'm betting a good number of former players are still using the same credit card with the same number. If you happen to fall in to that category, please be aware of what was taken.

I'm not posting this in any official capacity. I just know that as a member of this community, I've seen SWG discussed more than a few times here. I also know that several of you are no longer playing. Hopefully none of you are effected by this but just incase, I figured it was worth sharing here.

I got an e-mail about this...the thing is, I don't play any online Sony games (the only games I play over the internet are TF2 and SWBF2, neither of which are owned by Sony or have my credit card info)

The only thing I remember is trying the SW Galaxies demo once a few years ago for an hour, but I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it.  Not sure what's going on, but I'll be on my guard...

EDIT: It seems this old mystery has risen again:

So I'm looking through some old e-mails, got to the section from March 18, 2009.

It was a confirmation e-mail (much like the WOTC account activation e-mail) to becoming a memeber on Station.sony.com community...a website I've never been on in my life!

Normally, I would think this just a mis-send and not even posted about it, but here's the catch:

My mysterious account's name was AMS51!  That's right!  My WOTC signature!

What happened?  I never registered there!  Was WOTC handing out accounts from strange web-sties when I wasn't looking?  I'm not accusing them, but they're the only people that know my e-mail and would be familiar with the phrase AMS-51. 

Unless I've somehow inspired one of you who has an e-mail similar enough to mine to make a type-o to name an account after me.

There was no harm done as far as I can tell (it's been 5 months, and I'm just going to delete the e-mail and forget about it), and I'm not mad.  I'm just concerned about how this even happened.  Please help me make sense of this.

AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...
I wonder if this is related to the PSN hack all over the news.
Sign In to post comments