Third Party Products for D&D Gamma World

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know of one so far:

"Fire from the Sky" by DarkLight Interactive

The town of Wildwood is the typical community in this post-mistake world: in disrepair and full of mutants trying to make a living. Besides the occasional feuding between neighboring communities on the outskirts of the town, the town is relatively peaceful and everyone keeps to themselves.

That peace is interrupted one day as everyone turns to the sky to see a meteor streak by, crashing down in a corn field to the South of the city.

Nobody gave it much consideration at the time (they see things fall from the sky all the time), but little do they know that with the meteor comes something far more sinister that threatens Wildwood and the entire countryside.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

I picked it up, and I gotta say, it's easily worth the price.  It's an interesting, well written (but short and simple) five-encounter adventure, featuring all new monsters.  It's definitely something I'll be looking to use soon (although I might break it apart into a bunch of even smaller micro-adventures, since that's the format of my current game).

Anyway, I'm really hoping Wizards is cool with this whole thing, because it'd be great to see more third party Gamma World stuff.
I also picked it up and am pleased.  I asked the author if the maps could be made available separately without the creatures marked on them to be printed and used as battlemaps.  I will keep everyone updated.
the adventure looked interesting.

the sight also was selling PDFs of the original Metamorphosis Alpha, which could be used for insperation for gamma world stuff.
I'm of the opinion that 3rd party products help keep people interested in the game and energize the community.  It's good to hear that it's a quality product, I'll have to check it out.
I'm of the opinion that 3rd party products help keep people interested in the game and energize the community.

I like the idea myself. However, I believe the legality of publishing Gamma World content under the GSL may be a grey area at the moment so who knows if we'll see more 3rd party stuff. (If it ever clears up, I have some pdf ideas since Dungeon/Dragon doesn't want any GW material.) The author mentions these issues in his blog...
rpg.brainclouds.net/2011/04/03/gamma-wor...
rpg.brainclouds.net/2011/04/25/contest-a...

Kerry

I have been in email correspondence with the author, David Flor.  He will be adding battle maps to the adventure in a second pdf file as well as releasing the battlemap pdf file for free.  
Yup, Fire In The Sky is an awesome little adventure. I am converting it to a 3rd level D&D adventure (channelling S3 Expedition To The Barrier Peaks) but it looks like a solid adventure.