Character Sheets cut off at the bottom

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm going to post this every day until I can actually print a character sheet properly.

The bottom half inch of my pages cut off all information.

I'm a design professional and I know how to set up my printer to print things properly. Your software isn't allowing me to do that. It's super annoying that a product I pay money to use doesn't work correctly. Please respond and fix.
I'm going to post this every day until I can actually print a character sheet properly.

I'm a design professional and I know how to set up my printer to print things properly. Your software isn't allowing me to do that. It's super annoying that a product I pay money to use doesn't work correctly. Please respond and fix.

BUMP

I'm experiencing the same issue on Mac OS 10.6.7 both printing and making a pdf.

Please, respond.

Same issue here.
Has anyone tried A4 paper?
Same here as well. Having to boot into Windows to use a web app is ridiculous.

It sounds like it's universal.  I did try going into the printer preferences and click "fit to page" but it doesn't help. Frown

Austino's LFR CHARACTERS Ander Darkfoot - 12 - Halfling - Rogue/Daggermaster Miget Lii - 12 - Dragonborn - Paladin/Champion of Order Belfire Ogrecrush - 13 - Dwarf - Weaponmaster/Dreadnaught Dragonheart - 5 - Dragonborn - Sorcerer Shadowflame - 4 - Drow - Assassin Big Daddy - 3 - Goliath - Barbarian Utua - 4 - Shardmind - Artificer Terminator - 1 - Warforged - Barbarian Bladyis - 4 - Elven - Ranger
I am also having this problem, and it is terribly annoying.
Had same issue with IE8 and Vista... actually I was often unable to print at all until I put www.wizards.com in my trusted sites list and set compatibility view to ON.  But that's another story.

Have you tried printing to a PDF printer first?  I was getting cut off lines too until I tried first kicking out a PDF with PDF reDirect v2 (free from download.com).  You may also want to try PDF Creator (also free from SourceForge).  PDF reDirect doesn't seem to cut off the last lines for me like when I print straight to my inkjet.   Worth a shot if you are still SOL. 

-Dan
I have this same exact problem and I'm using Mac 10.6.8 I've reported the problem twice...1st time I reported it was a couple of months ago! Customer service/tech support has been real crappy with this issue! I think it's because they use Silverlight! I hate having to fire up my slow, POS desktop Windows XP PC! 
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!

Same issue here and it is annoying.  And to those who suggest downloading this and trying that, let me just say that this is a service that I PAY MONTHLY for and I should not have to go out of my way to get it to work.  I too am on a mac and I am getting sick and tired of not being able to print my characters up correctly.  Add that to the cluster f--k that has become D&D 4e and I am about ready to cancel.  Please just fix this devs!  It really isn't that complicated an issue to address, especially given the time you have had to address it. 
@ Drew, this has been a problem since at least April, probably longer. They have indeed had plenty of time to fix this issue and they still have not. It's probably because they're using POS Microsoft SilverLight to run the program. I completely feel your pain! I'm sure that 4e was what killed Gygax!
Having the same problem and frustrated as well. why pay for something that does not work? I have a mac at home. I am going to try at work on a pc and see if there is any difference
@Drew,

If your only reason for coming to this forum is to post a bug report please use: wizards.custhelp.com/app/ask instead as that is the official bug reporting tool and likely the only metric Wizards is tracking to determine the extent of this issue.  Simply reposting and "Bumping" is only hiding the posts that have potential workarounds for those of us who wish to try to help ourselves (as most of us have already noted that an official fix is not likely forthcoming).  I highly doubt WotC is counting all the posts to determine who all is affected.

Also, I'm not sure why you are slamming those who are posting possible work-arounds as that is the ONLY thing that participating in this forum can do for you.  There aren't going to be any patches or magic fixes from WotC here.  If you aren't here to find a potential solution then leave.

I too pay for this service, but if my choices are to either sit on my @$$ and wait for a patch or try to do a 5-minute fix I choose the latter.  If you'd rather just unsubscribe then no one could blame you... but complaining here clearly has no effect on the speed of their solution.

@everyone,

As a developer myself I can attest to the fact that this isn't "a simple problem."  There are thousands of OS/browser/printer combinations (plus all the user-specific settings that one might enable) that may effect the layout of a printout.  If you've never tried it don't be so quick to slam others.  I'm sure everyone here has screwed up at their job too and still took a paycheck for the time -_-.

Two years in the future...

I just re-submitted this bug after tolerating it for too long.  I've tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox, with both hard copy and PDF creation.
The most frustrating problem with this bug is that WOTC won't acknowledge it.  It's been a known problem since day one, but it has never appeared on the list of known bugs.

I'm under the assumption that WOTC can't fix this.  It's probably an inherent problem with Silverlight.  Hopefully, with the transition to 5E, WOTC will replace the character builder with something that makes more sense.  They should never have used Silverlight -- they should have made it a server-based HTML5 application, and printing should been done on their servers instead (download a PDF of your character sheet).

And it's still happening today. In what world is "being able to print your character sheet" not essential?

Reported the bug (again) and sent them a beautiful truncated character sheet for illustration.

this issue only exists for Mac users - way I've gotten around it is to print character sheet to a PDF using a PC and then print that PDF from my Mac. more bother than I'd like but at least it's a solution - pretty sure there's absolutely no reason to hold your breath waiting for WotC to fix to include Mac functionality. pretty sure this is direct result of using Silverlight...but that's just conjecture

I've had that problem with HP printers even if paper and configuration are OK. Canon printers throw the pages out in perfect state.

I've never spammed four different threads with the same post before, but I had to this time!

I know for many this will be too little, too late, but I finally found a solution for the sheet cut off problem on Mac OSX. This, after having set up an Oracle VirtualBox on my MacBook to circumnavigate the issue.

Here is the simple solution that worked for me. It was hidden in plain sight, so to speak. What a nightmare that was.

Happy Gaming!