May the 4th

maythe4th.starwars.com/countdown.php

Let the rumors/discussion begin.

www.jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=243&...

Looks like it's the complete saga on bluray.  Nice, but not as epic as I was hoping.
maythe4th.starwars.com/countdown.php

Let the rumors/discussion begin.

www.jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=243&...

Looks like it's the complete saga on bluray.  Nice, but not as epic as I was hoping.

They announced that back in January.  So, unless it's coming out early, it's not new information.

www.starwars.com/themovies/saga/preorder...
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL
I think they're debuting the specs and packaging.

And thinking of clever ways to say "No, the original versions will not be included... isn't that great?!?" Laughing 

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

I think they're debuting the specs and packaging.

And thinking of clever ways to say "No, the original versions will not be included... isn't that great?!?"  

I'm glad I got the originals on DVD when they did the limited release.  Who knows?  Maybe they will release all the originals on one Blu-Ray.  
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL
I got them too, and am glad I did - even though they're not anamorphic widescreen. But the menus are quite groovy, which is a plus! Tongue out

When this upcoming set was first announced, the first words out of Steve Sansweet's mouth were to the effect of "no, this isn't the 'ultimate' release of the films. We're discovering new things all the time". Which of course means, 'we're holding things back'... like the original films in HD.

Realistically, they have to release the films on blu-ray now, since the films all start rolling out in 3D next year. When that's done (and when more homes have 3DTVs), they can sell us a brand spankin' new Star Wars BD3D set. Then a few years later, they'll 'discover' a pristine print that will allow them to release the original cuts in HD, plus a few more bonus features to sway everyone else to buy the saga in HD a third time.

And it'll work, too. Cynicism aside, I'm sure I'll buy 'em. Money mouth

I got the widescreen version.  Had to.  Otherwise you can't really see the stormtrooper hitting his head on the door.  Laughing

And I agree, we will all probably own 27 different versions by the time Lucas is done.
No I mean, they're not anamorphic widescreen: the picture's in its proper aspect ratio of 2.35:1 (letterboxed), but it doesn't fill a 16x9 tv screen, so it's pillarboxed as well. This was intentional, to be sure (so that the original cuts would be perceived to be inferior).

No I mean, they're not anamorphic widescreen: the picture's in its proper aspect ratio of 2.35:1 (letterboxed), but it doesn't fill a 16x9 tv screen, so it's pillarboxed as well. This was intentional, to be sure (so that the original cuts would be perceived to be inferior).

Got it.  Sorry, IJ.  Didn't read your post closely enough.
Got it.  Sorry, IJ.  Didn't read your post closely enough.

Just couldn't bear the thought of the internet thinking I prefer to watch films in their pan & scan version. 

I'm so glad they don't do pan 'n' scan in this country! All movies and TV shows are only purchasable in their original format here. They don't even bother to put "WIDESCREEN" in big letters at the top of the packaging here since it's not a concern.

Oh, and congrats IJ on your 1000th post!

"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind."

~ David G. Allen

Would you like to help build the D&D 5e forum community?
You can start by introducing yourself here.
When i click the link now, i'm just redirected to an X-Men trailer on foxmovies.com?!
I get a video that shows development art and packaging for the blu-ray releases of both trilogies.  It's stuff we already knew.  However, everyone who watches it is requested to share it on facebok or twitter or YouTube.  The whole video won't be revealed unless enough people share.  I can only see about 74% of the video. Also, it's broken down by countries, so the percentage revealed is based on the amount of sharing done by people in that country.  Feels to me like they're just looking for free advertising by having everyone share the news.  

As I mentioned, I can't see th last 26%, so unless there is something groundbreaking in that 26%, then this is nothing we haven't already known.
Here's the goods!