Monsters in Season 5

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I haven't gotten my materials yet.  I was wondering if you could tell me what monsters are needed for the new season.  I wanna fill in any gaps I have.

Me too.  I prefer quasi-matching minis to silly pogs...

A little help, folks?  Just asking for names (not stats) of the first couple of encounters, anyway...
-Alveric "And the sword that had visited Earth from so far away smote like the falling of thunderbolts; and green sparks rose from the armour, and crimson as sword met sword; and thick elvish blood moved slowly, from wide slits, down the cuirass; and Lirazel gazed in awe and wonder and love; and the combatants edged away fighting into the forest; and branches fell on them hacked off by their fight; and the runes in Alveric's far-travelled sword exulted, and roared at the elf-knight; until in the dark of the wood, amongst branches severed from disenchanted trees, with a blow like that of a thunderbolt riving an oak tree, Alveric slew him."
With out giving away anything, You should have 3 Gargoyel looking things and 2 shadow like creatures....  Have a few extras Incase you need to adjust the level of the encounter for more than 5 players
I just hope there aren't monsters that can insta-kill a character (as in take a cleric from 32 hp to -17). I am looking at you, invisible duergar. At least I think I am looking at you.
Monsters for 1st Encounter
2 shadow stalkers, 3 animated gargoyles

There is a decision that the PCs will make at the begining of session 2 that will affect what they encounter in sessions 2 & 3 so I can't remember what those monsters were at the moment.
I just hope there aren't monsters that can insta-kill a character (as in take a cleric from 32 hp to -17). I am looking at you, invisible duergar. At least I think I am looking at you.

My Ranger got 2 shotted by those damn things...   went from 32 to -18 in 2 hits...  but I got my "You just took 50 Damage" renown 
Ironically, it was the encounter after the "Survive 8+ Sessions" award too 
Monsters for 1st Encounter
2 shadow stalkers, 3 animated gargoyles

There is a decision that the PCs will make at the begining of session 2 that will affect what they encounter in sessions 2 & 3 so I can't remember what those monsters were at the moment.

Thanks, everyone for the heads-up for the first 2-3 encounters! 

I should be able to find weeks 2-3 in the DDI Monster Slider, and see if my copy of the adventure turns up...
-Alveric "And the sword that had visited Earth from so far away smote like the falling of thunderbolts; and green sparks rose from the armour, and crimson as sword met sword; and thick elvish blood moved slowly, from wide slits, down the cuirass; and Lirazel gazed in awe and wonder and love; and the combatants edged away fighting into the forest; and branches fell on them hacked off by their fight; and the runes in Alveric's far-travelled sword exulted, and roared at the elf-knight; until in the dark of the wood, amongst branches severed from disenchanted trees, with a blow like that of a thunderbolt riving an oak tree, Alveric slew him."
Sign In to post comments