Ohio FNM

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know of any shops with FNM near portsmouth ohio?
trying to avoid driving all the way to columbus or dayton on the weekends.
there is a link on the organized play section of the main wizards web page that has an event/stroe locator. 

Find that and it will find you every FNM within 100 miles or more
:For autocarding, write [ c ] card name [ / c ] You can also do [*c=lightning bolt]'Bolt[/c*] to get 'Bolt sigged because I always forget to do it
Does anyone know of any shops with FNM near portsmouth ohio?
trying to avoid driving all the way to columbus or dayton on the weekends.

I'm not from the area, but using Wizards Event Locator I found the following option (it's 30 miles away):

FNM near Portsmouth
Hometown Hobbies
1119 4th Ave (32.1 miles)
Huntington, WV 2570

There was one shop in Portsmouth that sells cards, but they don't appear to run any magic events.  It might be worth getting ahold of them just to make sure they don't run FNM.

Shop in Portsmouth

Castle Comics
901 Gallia St (0.2 miles)
Portsmouth, OH 45662
~James Fields T.O. & Judge. Check out the New Tournament Organizer's Handbook.

snowydude, have you tried cincy? I live in dayton. I usually go to bell book comics or the game haven to play MTG.

Zanesville has one.
Yeah, Bell Book has a good turn-out, me and the guys have been going to Illuminaudi recently.  Yotta has a bunch of regs as well.
Yeah, Bell Book has a good turn-out, me and the guys have been going to Illuminaudi recently.  Yotta has a bunch of regs as well.

he speakin english?

cinci is 2 hours away to the west not sure cause i havent driven it but thats what google tells me
as is columbus which is 2 hours north
currently i venture out to huntington in west virginia (1 hour east)

portsmouth in case you didnt know is almost located in that backwards state kentucky.
Im from Cincy..Im looking for a good FNM spot that starts a lil bit later

How is FNM at Illuminadi? Last time I went there the shop was pretty dark and looked a bit run down, with only card tables to play on. I believe that was before it changed the name to Illuminadi though.

The shop is right near my house, so if it's been cleaned up a bit that would be closer than the half hour drive to Yotta.
Im gonna plan on going to Illuminadi next friday, cant this friday due to prior engadgements.  So I hope to see some of you guys there!!  This will be my first time there and Im going alone so everyone who plays there, look me up!!  Maybe next week ill dig up this thread and people who play there can post.

Hows the FNM standard tourney there?

How is FNM at Illuminadi? Last time I went there the shop was pretty dark and looked a bit run down, with only card tables to play on. I believe that was before it changed the name to Illuminadi though.

The shop is right near my house, so if it's been cleaned up a bit that would be closer than the half hour drive to Yotta.

It does run a bit dark and I can tell the place need work but they have a TON of cards all in lit display cases and plenty of play room.  The coworkers seemed extremely casual though, which was annoying at times but the play environment is light-hearted from what I say.  Mind you I've only gone there once.  I do, however, plan on going again.

Im gonna plan on going to Illuminadi next friday, cant this friday due to prior engadgements.  So I hope to see some of you guys there!!  This will be my first time there and Im going alone so everyone who plays there, look me up!!  Maybe next week ill dig up this thread and people who play there can post.

Hows the FNM standard tourney there?

And here's why:  The field is not the absolute cut-throat but it isn't absolutely terrible.  My crew and I run Tier 2 decks at minimum while the other players I saw ran anything from Terrible (Newbies) to decent (Goblins) and Tier 1 (Caw-Blade).

The payout is good as well.  X amount of swiss rounds with store credit going towards the entire top 8.  I got my entry back and some of my friends got 20 to 40 dollars, pretty cool.

Sign In to post comments