Monster Damage Resistance Question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was running a combat last night with some zombies and my player attacked them with a power that did Necrotic damage.  When I looked at the stat block for the zombies I  noticed that they did not have any resistance to Necrotic damage.  I left it alone, thinking that it had something to do with there not being any radiant damage in the Gamma World game.  But then I thought of how the book states that you are able to bring monsters into Gamma World from D&D and vice versa.  I realized that if I brought a 4E zombie into any Gamma World game that they would have resistance, as is anyway.

So is the Famine in Fargo book where I drew the zombies from incomplete in it's Zombie stat block, errata... or what? Seems like either the swapping monsters bit or the Zombie stat block was not thought all the way through to me.

"Lost? Confused? Lacking direction? Need to find a purpose in your life?"

-Welcome to Night Vale Proverb

I was running a combat last night with some zombies and my player attacked them with a power that did Necrotic damage.  When I looked at the stat block for the zombies I  noticed that they did not have any resistance to Necrotic damage.  I left it alone, thinking that it had something to do with there not being any radiant damage in the Gamma World game.  But then I thought of how the book states that you are able to bring monsters into Gamma World from D&D and vice versa.  I realized that if I brought a 4E zombie into any Gamma World game that they would have resistance, as is anyway.

So is the Famine in Fargo book where I drew the zombies from incomplete in it's Zombie stat block, errata... or what? Seems like either the swapping monsters bit or the Zombie stat block was not thought all the way through to me.

I would figure it's the difference between 'magically animated fantasy zombies' and 'virus infected sci-fi zombies'.  There's no reason sci-fi zombies would resist necrotic, because they aren't truly undead, just cannibalistic and hungry.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Salla: Well, also something to note, normally a zombie that has Necrotic resistance also has a vulnerability to Radiant.  Radiant power does not exist in Gamma World, right?  I thought they excluded the Necrotic resistance due to that little difference.  I mean you can always spin the fluff any which way you want though like you mentioned with the sci-fi zombies versus the magically created ones, which does make sense.  If that were the case I just wish it would have been spelled out more, since I used those zombies as the minions of a Necromancer.

Salla: Well, also something to note, normally a zombie that has Necrotic resistance also has a vulnerability to Radiant.  Radiant power does not exist in Gamma World, right?  I thought they excluded the Necrotic resistance due to that little difference.  I mean you can always spin the fluff any which way you want though like you mentioned with the sci-fi zombies versus the magically created ones, which does make sense.  If that were the case I just wish it would have been spelled out more, since I used those zombies as the minions of a Necromancer.

Radiant is light, Lasers are light, Laser=Radiant (IMHO)
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
5 vulnerability to LASER!!!! haha