Official Text Duel Thread- Bands with Other Threads

972 posts / 0 new
Last post
2812652326_a70a971124_o.png

This is a thread dedicated to playing Magic with people over the internet by posting your moves. Specify what kind of game you're looking for, and then wait for some time. Unfortunately, 20-30% of the people that ask for a game don't stay here and even don't come back. Once you have found an opponent, don't leave this thread and post your next turn within ten minutes! Note that a game can last for 2-3 hours depending on what decks are being played.

THE PIT

There is a thread where text-duelists can introduce themselves and post what decks and formats they are playing, what their definition of casual play is, and many other things. Here is a list of the profiles in that thread:

HOW TO PLAY:

If you don't know your opponent, make sure that your decks have similar power levels, because people have surprisingly different opinions on what casual play is! Viewing other people's matches should give you an idea on whether they're playing with funny decks that aren't very strong or if they're playing with pretty effective and competitive decks.

When playing a game, always remember to name your life total, cards in hand, and the permanents after each turn. Ask for responses if it's important how your opponent reacts, for example if you're attacking and holding a combat trick in hand, or if you're attacking and your opponent has possible blockers. Most of the time, it's a good idea to say that you're done with your turn if your opponent doesn't have any responses.

HOW TO AUTOCARD:

[c]Forest[/c] = Forest

TAP / MANA SYMBOLS:

- tap symbols can be created by putting the letter t into colons: 
   :t: =

- mana symbols can be created by putting one of the letters w (for white mana), u (for blue mana), r (for red mana), b (for black mana), g (for green mana) into colons: 
   :w: = 

- colorless mana symbols can be created by typing a number between 0 and 16, followed by the string 'mana' into colons: 
   :1mana: = :1mana:

- hybrid mana symbols can be created by typing the string 'sym', followed by the combination of two letters into colons: 
   :symgw:  = :symwg: = :symwg:

- snow mana symbols can be created by typing the string 'snow' into colons:  
   :snow: =

MULTIPLAYER:

Specify how many people you want to join and wait for some time. Once there are enough  players, explain possible extra rules, divide teams and set the turn order. Take note that such games can easily last for 4-5 hours, and people not knowing that may want to leave after some hours. Unfortunately, this is how most of the multiplayer games end, be aware of that! The only four-player match I can remember that ended the normal way went on for 5,5 hours.

FINAL WORDS:

Remember to create another thread when this one hits its cap, which is somewhere between 900 and 1000 posts. If you make the new thread, go to the quote button and copy the text so you can get all the coding along with it. Don't keep the quote tags on it!

Have fun! :D

|| || |||
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

I'm up for a game if anyone wants. I'll play with an un-optimized 68 card deck, so a casual-casual game ;)

I'll be on for 20 or 30min, so I can wait for a response.

EDIT: Off

Favorite title so far, congratulations.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

YES! I like this idea very much. I can't play a game right now, but I'll post and reserve myself a post on the first page that I can edit.

I play pretty casual games, so nothing too amazing, please!

Decks:
60-card lifegain deck (think Beacon of Immortality and Felidar Sovereign)
60-card red-damage deck (fast)
67-card mish-mosh blue deck (threw together everything that works)
70-card green/black elf deck (i recently inherited this deck, and i'm still working on it, so there might be some random things in there)

If my status says I'm up for a game, PM me or something and we can get to it! 

Current Status: Offline
[spoiler Quotes] You have a rather disgusting amount of ramp sir. Could I interest you in a Genesis Wave? - Flyheight Can't really go wrong with a deck that has the 2 cards recently banned in both standard and modern. - JaxsonBateman Infinite Analysis Sorcery ~ is blue. Cycling Madness Buyback - EchoRobin You'd better believe him. He's Bomberman. - Steinhauser [/sblock]
Anyone up for Standard with NPH cards?
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Condor_96, do you already have a profile in that introduction thread that I'm bumping right now? Many people only view the latest posts to see if there's anyone up for a game, so you might have to repost your request again when you're here for another time.. It's very sad that it's not a very active thread anymore, I would love to view standard matches with people that are tinkering with cards from the latest sets!
Reposted in the other thread, I'm also available for a game right abount now if anyone's interested (just say which deck you want me to use).
[spoiler Quotes] You have a rather disgusting amount of ramp sir. Could I interest you in a Genesis Wave? - Flyheight Can't really go wrong with a deck that has the 2 cards recently banned in both standard and modern. - JaxsonBateman Infinite Analysis Sorcery ~ is blue. Cycling Madness Buyback - EchoRobin You'd better believe him. He's Bomberman. - Steinhauser [/sblock]
I'm up for a game if anyone wants. Playing a very casual 68 card deck.
Okay, I'm in if you're still available.  Bare with me while I get the hang of the text aspect of this, though.  Wanna play or draw?
I'll draw, if that's fine. I will be eating lunch, so my turn might be a bit late.
No hurry!

I shall play a Swamp.

Whenever you're ready...
Jwar Isle Refuge

Life: 21
Jwar Isle

Yours
Play a Plains

Tap both lands to swampcycle with a Twisted Abomination.

On you go!
Play Plains, tap both lands for Stormfront Pegasus

Life:21
Jwar Isle, Plains
untapped: Pegasus
Play a Swamp,

Tap all lands to play Hedron-Field Purists

Life: 20
2 Swamps, 1 Plains
Untapped: H-F Purists
Play and tap a swamp for Duress, will attack with Pegasus after your discard
My hand is:

Plains
Soul Warden
Cemetery Reaper
Gravedigger
Loxodon Warhammer

Goodbye warhammer, then...

All done after the pegasus attack?
Heh, indeed.

Pegasus attacks for 2 flying.

Life:21
Pegasus, Swamp
Untapped: Jwar Island, Plains
Righty-ho, I play a Plains,

I tap all lands to:

Put a counter on Hedron-Field Purists
and play Soul Warden

I shall then attack with the Purists to deal 1 damage

Life: 18
Purists, 2 Swamps, 2 Plains
Untapped: Soul Warden
Play a plains,

Tap all lands for Foresee, attack with Pegasus.

Life: 20
Swamp, 2 Plains, Jwar Isle, Pegasus
Play a Swamp,

2 Swamps and 2 Plains' to play Gravedigger, returning Twisted Abomination to my hand.

Attack with Soul Warden and Purists, dealing 2 damage.

Soul Warden, Purists, 2 Swamps, 2 Plains'
Untapped: Gravedigger, Swamp
Play an island, tap all lands to play Doom Blade on Hedron Purists, and play Dawnglare Invoker

Attack with Pegasus

Life:18
: Island, Swamp, 2 Plains, Jwar Isle, Pegasus
untapped: Invoker
Play a Swamp,

Tap all lands to play Hedron-Field Purists and Cemetery Reaper.

Attack with Gravedigger to deal 3 damage.

Life: 19
Gravedigger, 4 Swamps, 2 Plains'
Untapped: Purists, Soul Warden, Cemetery Reaper
I believe you should be at 17 life (18 -2 from Pegasus, +1 from Soul Warden)

Tap a swamp to Disfigure the Cemetery Repeater, tap (x=3) 4 lands for Suffer the Past, 3 damage and I gain 3 life

Attack with Invoker and Pegasus for 4

Invoker, Pegasus, 2 Plains, Swamp, Island, Jwar Island
I got +3 from the Warden because your Invoker and my Purists and Reaper came into play.

I play a Plains,

Tap 3 Swamps and 3 Plains' to play Twisted Abomination.

Attack with Soul Warden and Gravedigger for 3 damage.

Life: 13
Gravedigger, Warden, 3 Swamps, 3 Plains'
Untapped: Purists, Abomination, Swamp

Play an Island, tap all lands for a Coralhelm Commander (level 1) and a Giant Scorpion

Attack with Invoker and Pegasus for 4

Life: 15
Invoker, Pegasus, 2 Plains, Swamp, 2 Islands, Jawar Isle
untapped: Scorpion, Coralhelm

Tap 2 Plains' and a Swamp to bring the Purists to level 1.

Attack with Gravedigger and Twisted Abomination for 7 damage.

Life: 11
Gravedigger, Abomination, 2 Plains', Swamp
Untapped: Purists, Warden, 3 Swamps, Plains
Block the Abomination with Scorpion, both die (deathtouch), take 2 from the Gravedigger

Tap all lands to summon Gravedigger (bring back Scorpion) and level Coralhelm Commander to level 3.

Attack with Coralhelm, Invoker, and Pegasus for 7

Life: 13
2 Islands, Jwar Isle, Swamp, 2 Plains
untapped: Gravedigger
The Abomination doesn't die because the Purists prevented the damage from the scorpion, so deathtouch doesn't take effect.

Play Unstable Frontier,

Tap all lands except for 2 Swamps (that's 6 mana's worth) to play Grixis Slavedriver.

Attack with Twisted Abomination, Gravedigger and Hedron-Field Purists to deal 8 damage.

Life: 9
Abomination, Gravedigger, Purists, Unstable Frontier, 3 Plains', 2 Swamps
Untapped: Warden, Slavedriver, 2 Swamps
I have to go, I think you win this one though. Those Purists are
I have to go, I think you win this one though. Those Purists are really annyoing ;)

Thanks for the game though!
Heh!  Fair enough.  Close game, though.  The Purists were a very pleasing find for me.  I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't get to show off the reason why I put them in the deck in the first place, which was to really screw people over with PestilenceInnocent
Up for a game again, will be playing my soldier deck.

Edit: Off
I'll be up for the next hour or so. Anyone up for a game of whatever? EDH, Casual, Standard (no legacy, I'm not that rich), or if you're cool with it, standard with NPH. Let me know!

You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

What can we do to reactivate this text-duel thread? It's a nice thing that people looking for a game post here and don't simply respond to other people's request without posting their own..

I agree with Cats. This thread used to be permenantly on the fron page, with the only thing stoping it from being stickied was the fact that we'd hit 100 pages every couple of weeks and make a new thread.

And yet, last night, when I was looking for a game, I had to dig down to the third or fourth page just to find it.

What happened guys? It's not like we don't have enough people, the PIT is 6 pages long, full of people who'll play. Is there anything we can change that'll get you guys back?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
I've been mostly too full on time to play a game, but it does look like this thread isn't staying afloat very well.

Personally, I think a sticky is NOT the way to go, it is harder to see when a new post happens, and I know from experiance, many newbies simply skip over the stickies.
There are people that are posting requests and people that are only responding to requests, and people of the second kind should become people of the first kind, that's what I'm currently thinking of..
Once again, I'll be lurking around here for the next couple hours. If anyone is around, and looking for a game, drop a post. I'll play anything except for Legacy. 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Anyone game for Pauper?
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
Oh snap, this thread came back!

Anubuss, not sure what pauper is, but if you're up for just a casual game, i'm game. You too, The_Answer. 
Sign In to post comments