Splicer/Golem deck (NPH spoilers)

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Because the splicers are only in 3 colors, its not too hard to do a tri-color deck when none of the cards need a double/triple color investment, and one of those colors is green.

I know this is a rather poor deck, but its just an initial/quick thought. Other ideas may be Venser the Sojourner and only white/blue. I think I could probably get rid of Sensor Splicer to free up some room for more utility creatures.

Maybe some tempered steel?

Blade: First Trike
Master: +1/+1
Sensor: Vigilance
Wing: Flying
Maul: Trample
Vital: Regenerate

25 Creatures
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Blade Splicer
3x Master Splicer
2x Sensor Splicer
3x Wing Splicer
2x Maul Splicer
3x Vital Splicer
4x Fauna Shaman

11 Spells
3x Beast Within
4x Cultivate
4x Explore

24 lands
10 Forest
7 Island
7 Plains
The only splicer I really like is the vital splicer. If I was going to make a golem deck i would run 4 of those in the 4 slot and run just regular golems in the artifact slots. Should cut it down to 2 colors anyway, the land base in standard does not really support 3 colors well atm.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
The Bant manabase isn't that bad actually:

4 Celestial Colonnade
4 Forest
3 Island
4 Misty Rainforest

4 Razorverge Thicket
4 Seachrome Coast

3 Tectonic Edge 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Why do you value the vital splicer so highly?
It is both a relatively cheap card, a 1/1 and a 3/3 for 4 mana is even with the curve, and the threat of regeneration makes them play slower removal that they really did not want to. It also lessens red burn.

Staying with the curve is strong against aggro, regen is strong against burn. That means you only have to sideboard against control which is easy when playing green. Your one major weakness, and it is a doozie, is playing against combo. Combo will wipe the floor with any deck without good removal, but combo is harder to play in standard so is much rarer.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!