[WoA] What does the future hold?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have just purchased the latest board game.  Has anyone heard whether they will ever sell more hero cards, expansions, or maybe even a online converter to convert your characters and monsters to support the game?
From what I understand, there is a third game.  I wouldn't hold my breath on any of the other stuff, though, seeing as these are stand alone entities of board games.
I like to have rules for higher level Heroes, (3~4 level e.g). Maybe a bonus pack with more powerful monsters, campaing rules and adventures for high level Heroes.

Agreed. I tend to think of the boardgame series as its own game line instead of just an offshoot of 4E, and it would be nice if it would continue to grow and evolve unstead of only giving us a limited supply of options.

I did a home conversion for levels up through 5 but the game clearly starts to become limited without having each indiviual game owner making his own expansion rules at that point, so I'd like to see more of them professionally made so that we get the stats, the minis, the works!

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

They might be standalone for now, but you can easily see where WotC could make some money off doing expansions, and more rules, monster cards to cover all the minis, new tiles etc etc. As long as it's selling well why wouldn't they?

I think the whole trying to play it as 4E instead of something seperate but similar throws a lot of people off but once they get passed that it makes for a nice D&D Lite without having a GM go through all the efforts of pre-making the dungeon(s). 
Would be great if you could but quest books that includes new hero cards as well. I have both CR and WoA and they mix well together, I have 10 heroes to choose from. But it would be great with even more!
If they keep the concept of the Chamber cards with LoD then creating 'mini' expansions would be simple and relatively cheap to produce.  

Include 5 new Chamber cards, no need for a full quest book, etc.  Also 10 new Encounter cards, 9 new Monster cards and 3 new minis, 5 Treasure cards and then any new counters or marks (traps, hazards, etc.).  Could even include 1 new Villain card and figure.

So 29 cards, 4 minis, a punch sheet with villian card and markers.  Sell for $14.99 to $19.99.

I'd buy it. 
Would be great if you could but quest books that includes new hero cards as well. I have both CR and WoA and they mix well together, I have 10 heroes to choose from. But it would be great with even more!

Agreed. My players would love the option to choose from more options. I'm not sure if it would mess with game balance, but it would be great to have more class-race choices.

Heck, even having more than one of the same wouldn't be a bad thing. You could have more than one of a given character but they might pick different power cards, for example.

I'd like more gender choices. Not that it would affect game play, but I have quite a few female gamers in my group and they are always bummed when they have to play male characters.

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

This series is craving for expansions.  The next step that would need to be introduced is "Epic" level characters, like going to level 4 (by simply adding 1 new character tiles for level 3 and 4 per character, boosting stats accordingly) and scaling monsters based on the highest level of the group.  Then, making expansions like the D&D 4ed tiles pack you can buy for like $15-20, which for CR/WoA could simply add tiles, monsters/treasure/encounter cards, new Heroes skills maybe...

Campaigns are fun since you keep your stuff between adventures and can buy 1 item and move on to a new dungeon but I think we lack some "depth" like leveling and scaled monsters/encounters.

Also I'd like to see outdoor tiles.  It could be really simple.  Add a "Transition tile" in the Dungeon tile stack and make a separate Outdoor tile stack.  When you pick the Transition tile and want to explore outside the dungeon you simply pick tiles from the Outdoor stack, just like the Zombies!!! game expansions.

After all, sky's the limit.  This series is so customizable and freaking awesome!  I played 3 games sunday afternoon and 3 other yesterday evening with my bro.  We died a lot though but still was awesome.

I agree....this would be an excellent product to expand on in the ways noted. How about a Dark Sun board game while your at it!

While we wait for WoTC to release the inevitable expansions, there are a bunch of stuff made by fans which look terribly professional and in most cases have incredible mechanics, flavor and depth.

Check this out:

boardgamegeek.com/forum/723950/dungeons-...

And specifically this one is very good, though is for Ravenloft

ratdorg.blogspot.com/2011/04/named-tile-...
While we wait for WoTC to release the inevitable expansions, there are a bunch of stuff made by fans which look terribly professional and in most cases have incredible mechanics, flavor and depth.

Check this out:

boardgamegeek.com/forum/723950/dungeons-...

And specifically this one is very good, though is for Ravenloft

ratdorg.blogspot.com/2011/04/named-tile-...

Thank you.   There  is already a topic on these sites a little below this one. 
I would buy Hero packs. A pack with a hero miniature, a hero card and hero power cards.
I would buy separte monsters as-well!

Please make it happen WotC