I won't get Legion of Gold in time... please help.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I had been planning to run a long game of gammaworld on my birthday, 21st of April, but unfortualtly due to late ordering from amazon, the chances on Legion of Gold arriving in time is tiny. This is a shame because I had been planning on running that adventure, but that doesn't matter, as I had a back up anyway.

The problem is all the players where looking forward to choosing their vocation on the day, but no Legion of Gold means no vocations. However I heard somewhere that all each vocation is, is simply 2 heroic feats from D&D and 1 paragon. Gained at 4th, 7th, and 9th level. 

Is this correct (maybe excluding Beast Rider?), or is it something I heard wrong? Because I was hoping to be able to homebrew a list of them by the day.

Thanks for the help, Kai 
Basically, every vocation is a list of three feats. You can focus on one vocation and gain all three of its feats, or you could mix and match, and be a jack of all trades. Or three trades.

The vocations don't start at 1st level, so you could start at 1st level and save the vocations for when you actually get Legion of Gold.
However I heard somewhere that all each vocation is, is simply 2 heroic feats from D&D and 1 paragon.

No, they're feats created for Gamma World.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Vocations are very very minor benefits, except when you're super high level, and even then they're still pretty minor.

You can add them on after the fact when your materials arrive.

The list of vocations is on the Wizards.com site, so you can have your players choose which concept they like the sound of, and then add on the (minor) mechanical benefits later when you get the Legion of Gold set.

Here's that list:

www.wizards.com/dnd/Print.aspx?x=dnd/4pr...

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Thanks. This is quite helpful. Does anyone know if there are any homebrew vocations out there to add to the list
I don't recall anyone posting any homebrew vocations.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

Well, I was right: it hasn't arrived on time. Although my step dad did give me the tsr original version as joke.
Sign In to post comments