You Make the... Contest #8: Imperial Knights

You Make The... Contest #8: Imperial Knights

This contest is now closed.

Hi everyone.
As I announced in this thread, the latest You Make the... Contest competition is now up and running. As always, the winner will have their entry enshrined in the YMtC Hall of Fame and the attendant bragging rights therein.

"Nice temple you got here Master Saa. Hope you're planning to take out the trash soon, though. The stink of crimson armour always makes me gag."
   - Cade Skywalker talking to Jedi Master T'ra Saa about the Imperial Knights

Founded by Jagged Fel sometime during his reign as the first Emperor of the New Galactic Empire, the Imperial Knights are a small sect of Force users descended from the Jedi Knights (possibly by Jaina Solo). Wearing distinctive red armour and trained in a different philosophy of the Force from that of the Jedi and the Sith, Imperial Knights are dangerous opponents on the battlefield.
Unique to the vast majority (if not all) of the Imperial Force-using traditions, Imperial Knights do not follow the Dark Side of the Force though they do not follow the Light Side entirely either - the Jedi Order considers them to be Grey Jedi as a result.

This month's challenge is to create a new, i.e. not found in canon, Imperial Knight character of any level of ability you wish (Apprentice, Knight, 'Master') - perhaps one you've created to challenge your players or perhaps as one of their allies... ;)

You have until 22:59 (GMT+1) Monday May 2nd 2011 to post your entry and any notes explaining your decisions - your character need not have levels in the Imperial Knight PrC (found in the LE CG). You may include a back-story for your Imperial Knight if you so wish.
Once submissions have closed, all forum members will have until 22:59 (GMT+1) Monday May 16th 2011 to vote for their favourite. Whichever entry receives the most votes will win. In the event of a tie, I will cast the deciding vote.

Note: PST is -8 hours compared to GMT.
Note 2: For the purposes of this contest, an Imperial Knight is a Force-user that is a member of the Imperial Knight Order - as such, they are sworn defenders of Roan Fel and the New Galactic Empire/Empire-in-Exile.

Contest Rules
:1mana: Your stat block may represent your Imperial Knight at any point during their lifetime. You may include multiple stat blocks to represent multiple points in your characters lifetime, provided that they are all different level versions of the same build (i.e. no swapping out talents or feats through retraining)
:2mana: Your Imperial Knight must be created according to RAW, no house rules (no single Athletics skill), etc.
:3mana: You may generate your Imperial Knight's ability scores by rolling, using the standard array or by using unlimited point buy provided that each score is between 3 and 18 at first level prior to species adjustments
:4mana: You may use any and all material from the official Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition books
:5mana: You may change your entry at any point up until submissions close, at which point any edited stats will be disqualified
:6mana: You may only submit one entry

I decided to include an optional rule mechanic this time out as an experiment - you do NOT have to follow this rule if you do not wish to, but it might add some flavour to the proceedings. YMMV

Optional Contest Rule
:1mana: As of writing, only one Imperial Knight has been shown to be of a species other than human. Create an Imperial Knight belonging to a species other than Human (near-Human's are fine, though be sure to include the 'species'-traits you have used).

Have fun everyone and remember:
The Dark Side is always with you.

These are the entries that were submitted for this contest:
Dendrite's Suhrr C'est Moi
Kingpin000's Alaki Pax
fairytalejedi's Nerani Horn
Letalis_Nomen_Trebor's Adrian Lowe
Winner of You Build the Character #2, #9, #18, #23 and #31 - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mara Jade Skywalker, Princess Leia, HK-47 and Darth Bane You Build the Character Hall of Fame You Make the... Contest Hall of Fame Saga Edition Content - My Own, Fan Made and Official WotC Content
Unofficial Stat Block corrections
KotOR CG Revised v2.00 (PDF) - unofficial stat block errata (including web enhancements) for the KotOR CG tFU CG Revised v1.01 (PDF) - unofficial stat block errata for the tFU CG Scum and Villainy Revised v1.00 (PDF) - unofficial stat block errata for SaV
[/sblock]

Suhrr C'est Moi    CL 16

Medium Human soldier 7/Imperial Knight 5/melee duelist 4
Init +14; Senses; Perception +18
Languages Basic, High Galactic

Defenses Ref 35 (flat-footed 34), Fort 34, Will 31
hp 175; Threshold 34
Immune +5 to Fortitude and Will Defense against any Use the Force checks

Speed  6 squares
Melee shockboxing gloves +20 (1d4+13) or
Melee shockboxing gloves +20 (2d4+13) with Mighty Swing or
Melee shockboxing gloves +18 (2d4+13) with Rapid Strike or
Melee great lightsaber +21 (2d10+12) or
Melee great lightsaber +21 (2d10+16) with both hands or
Melee great lightsaber +21 (3d10+16) with Mighty Swing or
Melee great lightsaber +16 (3d10+16) with Rapid Strike
Ranged heavy assault blaster rifle +17 (3d10+8) or
Ranged heavy assault blaster rifle +12 (3d10+8) with autofire
Base Atk +16; Grp +20
Atk Options autofire (heavy assault blaster rifle), Counterpunch, Melee Defense, Mighty Swing, Rapid Strike, Strength of the Empire
Force Powers (Use The Force +13) battle strike (4), surge (2), valor (2)
Force Techniques Improved Battle Strike, Improved Valor

Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 11
Special Qualities build lightsaber, Knight's Morale, Master of Movement +2, Oath of Duty
Talents Advantageous Strike, Armored Defense, Counterpunch, Improved Armor Defense, Juggernaut, Knight's Morale, Oath of Duty, Second Skin, Strength of the Empire
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Melee Defense, Mighty Swing, Rapid Strike, Skill Training), Unstoppable Force, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Endurance +16, Initiative +14, Knowledge (tactics) +14, Perception +18, Pilot +14, Use the Force +13
Possessions cortosis gauntlet, great lightsaber, heavy assault blaster rifle, Imperial Knight armor (+8 armor, +2 equipment), shockboxing gloves

Suhrr C'est Moi put the "Knight" in "Imperial Knight."  Coming from a long line of Moffs and Admirals, he grew up with the finest training in combat and conditions and came to the Empire's service a muscle-bound prometheus of a man.  When he learned that the Imperial Knights were beginning their service, he smugly pushed his way straight to Roan Fel himself and declared himself the most worthy candidate of all. 

He "humbly" boasted his iron will, seeming unflinching invincibility, and inhuman strength.  He declared that "a knight of the imperial empire should be an exceptionally inpregnable, enviously extraordinay, amazingly bold, unstalkably pure, model of physical perfection that possesses an incredibly fantastic talent for performing remarkably impossible deeds with unheard of ease on a daily basis" and that such a person "'tis I!"

Amused by the intimidating man's power and resolve, the Emperor allowed Suhrr C'est Moi to join the Imperial Knights, despite his limited force training at the time.  However, the eager warrior soon proved to be a natural when it came to using the force, quickly learning to bolster his already considerable combat prowess and physical abilities.  Also, he "somehow" found a way to channel his ego-centric energy into an inspiration to nearby allies.

In combat, Suhrr C'est Moi leapt upon the opportunity to be the first Imperial Knight to utilize an oversized Great Lighsaber.  While he possessed an ample education of strategy, he preferred to charge into combat and use his brute strength and slight cunning to hack his enemies to pieces.  Suhrr C'est Moi also possessed training with various ranged weaponry, often carrying the heavy assault rifle of a fallen foe as a practical trophy.  Despite this, he prided himself in his "admirably unmatched expertise" in melee combat.

While he is not the most eleoquent man and he often uses large words that he doesn't know the meaning of, Suhrr C'est Moi off the battle field does his best to be the most "chivalrous" gentleman of the empire that he can be.  He is always eager to please his emperor and impress any "fair mistresses" that may be present.  More than once has he declared to his superiors that he plans to take a trip to a gladiatoral arena to "do dreadful battle with the mightioust of beasts, the terrible rancor!"  Even more so has he attempted to establish "imperial tournaments" with his fellow knights, in which he wished to show off his combat skills further.  He often came into conflict with Antares Draco for "making pleasurable aquaintance" with Marasiah Fel, who, to Suhrr C'est Moi, was yet another lady with whom to include in his endless "courting of the finer gender"

Suhrr C'est Moi met his end when he bit off more than he could chew.  After far too long of no missions, he began going through a "withdrawl" of performing "noble deeds."  In a shocking display of wild fantasy, Suhrr C'est Moi, exhibiting an unknown display of cleverness and manipulation, arranged for a band of "fearsome scoundrels of the blade" to kidnap "that fair maiden, Lady Fel" and lock her up in an "inpregnable fortress of great evil" guarded by both the "fearsome scoundrels of the blade" and "the most vicious of all the great beasts, the Krayt Dragon!"  Having set up this "Great Imperial Quest for the Kidnapped Princess," Suhrr C'est Moi embarked on his journey, never to return.

When news got out of the kidnapping, a detachment of Imperial forces laid waste to the pirates' hideout and got Marasiah back.  Surprisingly, when they arrived, the Krayt Dragon was nowhere to be found, leading the members of the Imperial Knights to wonder if their peculiar comrade had slain the monster after all, a mystery that was never solved.

Designer's Note: This character is inspired by the musical Camelot

AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...

Contest Rules
:4mana: You may use any and all material from the official Star Wars Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition books

does it mean that only few or no levels in Imperial Knight are required?

"Nobody expects imperial Inquisition" "What doesn't destroys me, makes me stranger"
Contest Rules

does it mean that only few or no levels in Imperial Knight are required?

I'm not quite sure how your question refers to the rule you quoted.

In regards as to whether your character must use the Imperial Knight PrC - no.
You are perfectly at liberty to build an Imperial Knight that does not use that prestige class at all (you may decide Force Adept, Melee Duellist, Gladiator, etc. PrC's are more appropriate for your character) as long as the character is an 'Imperial Knight' with all that description entails.
That said, the Imperial Knights are a Force-using sect, so it goes without saying that you cannot make a non-Force Sensitive Imperial Knight (thus excluding droids, Yuuzhan Vong, Rakata, Ssi-ruuk from the available options). I suppose I'd better clarify that in the first rule of the contest...

In regards to the rule you quoted, it simply means that you can use any material from the official SE supplements to build your character (Core Rulebook, Threats of the Galaxy, Starships of the Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic CG, etc.).
Alaki Pax        CL 14

Medium Nagai soldier 3/Jedi 4/Imperial Knight 3/Jedi Knight 1/elite trooper 3
Force 13
Init +16; Senses Perception +15
Languages Basic, Huttese, Nagaian

Defenses Ref 36 (flat-footed 32, with Flurry 31), Fort 30, Will 29; Deflect
hp 115; second wind +28/57; DR 1; Threshold 30

Speed 4 squares
Melee lightsaber +20 (2d8+11) or
Melee lightsaber +20 (2d8+15) with both hands or
Melee lightsaber +18 (3d8+15) with Rapid Strike or
Melee lightsaber +22 (2d8+15) with Flurry or
Melee lightsaber +20 (3d8+15) with Flurry and Rapid Strike
Ranged by weapon +18
Base Atk +14; Grp +18
Atk Options Flurry, Flurry Attack (simple weapons), Praetoria Vonil, Rapid Strike
Special Actions Bodyguard's Sacrifie, Harm's Way, Out of Harm's Way, Redirect Shot
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +20) battle strike (2), hawk-bat swoop, vornskr's ferocity (may take 10 even when distracted or threatened)
Force Techniques Force Power Mastery ()

Abilities Str 8, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 16
Special Qualities build lightsaber, delay damage, soothing voice
Talents Armor Mastery, Ataru, Bodyguard's Sacrifie, Deflect, Flurry Attack (lightsabers), Harm's Way, Out of Harm's Way, Praetoria Vonil, Redirect Shot
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Flurry, Force Sensitivity, Force Training, Martial Arts I, Rapid Strike, Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Acrobatics +16, Initiative +16, Perception +15, Persuasion +10 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Use the Force +20
Possessions Imperial Knight armor (+8 armor, +2 equipment), lightsaber

"Nobody expects imperial Inquisition" "What doesn't destroys me, makes me stranger"
Well, I don't have the LECG. But I did choose a legacy of sorts for the purposes of this contest, namely the Halcyon legacy. Nerani Horn is a descendant of that famous bloodline, and an apprentice Imperial Knight. Her loyalty to the Fel dynasty is unquestioned, and her training is nearly complete. She eagerly looks forward to the day when she dons the red armor and officially joins the ranks of the Emperor's loyal bodyguards.

I went with my usual PB 25 for the ability scores, and tried to grab some stuff that I felt would be useful for a melee wielding bodyguard. Circle of shelter allows her to protect those around her, Bantha Rush and sarlacc sweep allow her to move threats back away from the one she's protecting, and Unwavering Resolve gives her the strength of will to protect the Emperor against threats that would intimidate less courageous knights.

Nerani Horn                                     CL 7
Medium Human Soldier 2/Jedi 5
Destiny 2; Force 4
Init +10; Senses Perception +4
Languages Basic
-------------------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 20 (flat-footed 18), Fort 20, Will 19; Block, Deflect, Unwavering Resolve
hp 70; Threshold 20
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsaber +9 (2d8+7)
Ranged by weapon +9
Base Atk +7; Grp +9
Atk Options Power Attack
Special Actions Bantha Rush
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +9): circle of shelter, mind trick, sarlacc sweep, surge
Abilities Str 13, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 13
Talents Armored Defense, Block, Deflect, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Bantha Rush, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Power Attack, Unwavering Resolve, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Endurance +9, Initiative +10, Knowledge (tactics) +8, Use the Force +9
Possessions lightsaber
Children believe what we tell them, they have complete faith in us. I ask of you a little of this childlike simplicity, and to bring us luck, let me speak four truly magic words: "A long time ago...." (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) Winner of You Build the Character #12, YbtC #22, YbtC #24, YbtC #28 and YbtC #35 Winner of You Make the... Contest #8

Hmm, Imperial Knights... I somehow doubt that the organisation of the same name that replaced the Imperial Inquisition in my Infinities game shortly after the peace treaty between the Empire and the Rebellion would really count as they're not the same as the Imperial Knights from the Legacy comics.

It's morphin time! ...Oh wait, wrong universe. Now where did I put my lightsabre? Winner of "You Build the Character 16 - Wedge Antilles" and "You Make the ... Contest 3 - Elite Forces"
It would depend on the level really - if your Infinities Imperial Knights (IIRC) are fully corrupted Dark Siders by the time they've reached mastery, then it wouldn't really count. If the apprentices/initiates aren't fully corrupted (or their Force Power lists filled with [Dark Side] powers), then the stat blocks might well be OK for the non-Infinities Imperial Knights - some have used the Dark Side on occasion.
In fact, Antares Draco as master of the Imperial Knights could easily have used Dark Rage on a few occasions and he certainly did when he rescued Marasiah Fel on Korriban (his eyes went all Sithy).
Two weeks left until submissions for this contest close.
Sorry - I'm in the middle of moving house ATM, so I haven't been able to get to a computer until now. Anyway...

Four days left until submissions for this contest close.
I noticed that this little contest hasn't gotten a whole lot of love so I decided to do a quick work up.  Please forgive any and all typos/mistakes considering I did this work up in like twenty minutes... Undecided

Adrian Lowe                        CL 15

Medium Human Noble 1/Soldier 5/Jedi 3/Elite Trooper 1/Imperial Knight 5
Destiny 3; Force 7; Dark Side 1
Init +14; Senses Perception +17
Languages Basic, Cheunh, High Galactic, Huttese

Defenses Ref 34 (flat-footed 31), Fort 34, Will 30; Block, Deflect, Praetoria Ishu
hp 147; Threshold 34

Speed  6 squares
Melee lightsaber +19 (2d8+12) or
Melee lightsaber +19 (2d8+15) with both hands or
Melee combat gloves +17 (1d6+11)
Ranged hold-out blaster +15 (3d4+7)
Base Atk +14; Grp +16
Atk Options Bantha Rush, Cleave, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack
Special Actions Anticipate Movement, Battle Analysis, Harm's Way, Out of Harm's Way
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +14) battle strike, circle of shelter, hawk-bat swoop, move object, saber swarm, Shien deflection, surge, vital transfer
Force Techniques Advanced Vital Transfer, Force Point Recovery

Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 14
Special Qualities build lightsaber, delay damage
Talents Anticipate Movement, Armor Mastery, Battle Analysis, Block, Deflect, Harm's Way, Juggernaut, Out of Harm's Way, Praetoria Ishu, Weapon Specialization (lightsabers)
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Bantha Rush, Cleave, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Linguist, Martial Arts I, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (lightsabers), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Deception +14, Gather Information +14, Initiative +14, Knowledge (galactic lore) +13, Knowledge (tactics) +13, Perception +17, Persuasion +14, Use the Force +14
Possessions combat gloves, cortosis gauntlet, hold-out blaster, Imperial Knight armor, lightsaber

Character Notes

Adrian Lowe was born into a wealthy Imperial family on Bastion around 85 ABY.  Following in his father's footsteps he opted to join the Imperial Military and served with distinction for several years before attracting the notice of the Imperial Knights.  The Imperial Knights soon informed the young man that he was Force sensitive and requested that he undergo training in order to join their ranks.  Since then the young man has become a prominent member and actively trains new members from time to time while serving behind the scenes as one of the Emperor's top protectors.

Gameplay Notes

Master Lowe is built to move and protect valuable targets while still being able to deal a decent amount of damage.  Anticipate Movement, Harm's Way, Out of Harm's Way, Praetoria Ishu, and circle of shelter allow him to move characters close and then protect them as needed.  If he needs to move to his charge powers like hawk-bat swoop and Shien deflection allow him to close the gap and face his target, thus enabling him to use Bantha Rush to push enemies away and Power Attack/Cleave to take out targets quickly (on the next turn of course).  Should the situation arise that things have went to hell Advanced Vital Transfer should be able to bring things back...or not...
Sorry - I'm in the middle of moving house ATM, so I haven't been able to get to a computer until now. Anyway...

Four days left until submissions for this contest close.

Since you forgot/couldn't post the close notice and some one posted an other entry, wanna wait to close this contest until say, 8 am GMT on may 4th?  eh?
My Blog, mostly about D&D.
57304548 wrote:
I imagine that Majestic Moose plays a more "A team" type game than most of us. By that I mean he allows his players to make tanks out of a backyard playground set since the players have more "fun" that way.
Actually I much prefer The Losers.
Show
When I and my friends sit down we want a game of heroic fantasy. Rare is the moment when I have cried out in a video game or RPG "that's unrealistic." (Unless there is no jump button. Seriously makes me mad, single handedly ruined the N64 zelda series for me, but that's a digression of a digression.) I mean, we play games with the force in galaxies far, far away, with supernatural horrors, dragons and demi-gods, alternate cosmologies, etc. Reality and it's effects hold little sway to what makes a Heroic fantasy game fun IMO. Just repeat after me: You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are not how much you've spent on WotC products. You are not whatever RPG you play. You are one of tens of thousands of people that spend money on a hobby. You will not always get what you want
I would just say have mine not count.  To be honest I just dropped a character in as a semi-bump post anyways.  Taken into account the fact that I haven't actually posted on these forums in ages (still lurk from time to time nonetheless) due to these boards sadly dwindling, it makes the argument all the stronger.

My apologies to everyone - I had hoped to have computer access on the monday, but it wasn't to be... (BTW: Since I couldn't close the contest on time, your entry can count if you like Letalis_Nomen_Trabor)

Submissions are now closed. You may now vote for your favourite entry.

Each forum member may vote once for their favourite entry in the contest. Please post your vote in this thread and remember to include the screenname of the person you're voting for.
Whichever entry receives the most votes will win. In the event of a tie, I will cast the deciding vote.

You have until 22:59 (GMT+1) Monday May 16th 2011 to vote for your favourite.

These are the entries that were submitted for this contest:
Dendrite's Suhrr C'est Moi
Kingpin000's Alaki Pax
fairytalejedi's Nerani Horn
Letalis_Nomen_Trebor's Adrian Lowe
I'm going to vote for Letalis_Nomen_Trabor, as I enjoy builds that are focused like that. Close second is fairytalejedi. Nice job all...

Oh, and for the next You Build The... Contest, I think members of different Force Traditions would be fun; Matukai, Jensaarai, etc. . 
Yes, I know I misspelled "Jensaarai".
Show
You are Red/Blue!
I am Red/Blue
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and emotional. I value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, I'm innovative and intuitive. At worst, I'm scattered and unpredictable.
Sorry everyone - the move is still ongoing and it is making life difficult...

Less than 12 hours until voting closes - lets see if we can get a few more votes for the entries supplied for this contest.
My vote is for fairytalejedi. Good job !
For the next You Build The... Contest, I think con artists, gamblers, entertainers or charlatans would be fun and more original than force users.
Come and see my Star Wars Character Gallery! Please add a comment Winner of You Build the Character #26 Bounty Hunters Winner of YBtC #39 A New Hope
Sorry to muddy the waters, but someone has to do it Laughing:

Dendrite's Suhrr C'est Moi, (otherwise known as Sir It's Me:  je parle le francais).  Anyway, I love the backstory, I love the inspiration, and I personally believe that he did slay that "most vicious of all the great beasts, the Krayt Dragon," attempting to rescue Marasiah Smile.
Winner of the You Make the... Contest #9: Jedi Padawans Winner of the You Build the Character#33:  EU Bounty Hunters Winner of the You Build the Character #37:  The Empire Strikes Back Winner of the "Ultimate Dream Builds #1: The Underworld" I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
OK everyone, voting is now closed. And we appear to have a three-way tie between Letalis_Nomen_Trabor, fairytalejedi and Dendrite. As I have to make a decision, I have decided to cast the deciding vote to fairytalejedi due to the quality of the character build and the fact that a Legacy of sorts was chosen.

Congratulations fairytalejedi, your stats will be entered into the YMtC Hall of Fame. Feel free to put "Winner of You Make the... Contest #8" in your signature.

Thank you to everyone who entered and voted.

As for the next competition... until I've finished moving and can guarantee a more reliable internet connection coupled with more free time, I have decided to put this competition on hiatus for the near future. I cannot really run these contests properly due to my personal circumstances and it is unfair on everyone participating that I cannot put my full effort behind them.

Sorry for the bad news, but both the contests and myself will be back soon.
I truly did not expect this! Thank you, guys!

And I hope the moving goes as smoothly as possible. Best of luck in this and other things.
Children believe what we tell them, they have complete faith in us. I ask of you a little of this childlike simplicity, and to bring us luck, let me speak four truly magic words: "A long time ago...." (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) Winner of You Build the Character #12, YbtC #22, YbtC #24, YbtC #28 and YbtC #35 Winner of You Make the... Contest #8
Sign In to post comments