Monster Statistics Block Template (.docx)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello guys,

I made a template where you can fill in the monster stats in word and some instructions on how to do stuff.

The following versions can be downloaded:
v1.03 (.doc)
v1.03 (.docx)
v1.02
v1.01

Changelog:
v1.03
- New file sharing site used: Mediafire
- "#" removed after "Aura size"

v1.02
- Flying dot between "power name (keywords)" and "usage" and between "Aura Name (keywords)" and "Aura size" changed to a 4-pointed star
- Aura symbol changed to something more fitting.
Special thanks to Kilsek_of_Sheverash for showing me wingdings.

Feedback is welcome!
Get your Microsoft Word Monster Statistics Block Template here! My Campaign
Right now it shows as a high speed only download for me, meaning I'd have to sign up and pay to download it.  Not sure if you intended that?

Otherwise, thanks for the quick props - happy to help 

Out of curiosity, what would you say are the advantages of this format over using the old downloadable Monster Builder tool in Adventures Tools Classic?

LEONINE ROAR : Amp Up Your D&D Game : Visit my D&D blog :: FASTER COMBAT : Crush Your Combat Grind

New filesharing site is now used, I hope you'll be able to download from this site

Word grants you infinite customizability while the old adventure tools had quite a lack thereof.
If you had invented some cool new minion type like thugs, two-hit minions with a damage threshold that will give strikers the ability to instakill them, you can't put them in the adventure tools. In word, you can easily add that.
I have used Adventure Tools Classic for quite a while, but it contains various bugs and annoyances, which led me to create my own tool.
The printed product has no advantages over the downloadable monster builder, except that it is grayscale by default, so a tiny bit less expensive to print out and that it takes up the entire page instead of only one side.

And reading the posts on the online monster builder I think it's quite obvious what the benefits of this are over the online monster builder. :P 
I think you forgot to update the version number.

I assume most of the features you used require Word 2010, using Open Office not everything appears correctly, although this could just be me expecting something different so I will try at uni tomorrow.
This is cool, and I'm sure will prove useful.

You also might want to check out power2ool.com

It allows you to have a few different virtual spaces where you can create custom cards, place notes, dice rollers, etc. You can also print off any cards you make, as well as pull in info from the Compendium (with an Insider account). You can also keep track of multiple use abilities like healing surges, etc., and then simulate short or extended rests to refresh those abilities

Simple interface, hold Shift to edit anything and hold space to move to your different pages.
Inline image 3 Inline image 4       
 MISC.FANTASY/GAMING IMAGES: VOL. 1 | VOL. 2 | VOL. 3 | VOL. 4 #Fantasy-NPC DeviantArt Gallery
Also, if you are creating a monster from scratch you can start with generic stats for a given level and role. Here's their Vimeo channel so you can see it in action..

vimeo.com/user6009688/videos/
Inline image 3 Inline image 4       
 MISC.FANTASY/GAMING IMAGES: VOL. 1 | VOL. 2 | VOL. 3 | VOL. 4 #Fantasy-NPC DeviantArt Gallery
Now with .doc format added.
You will need the dnd4attack font installed on your pc to use the attack type icons in the .doc format.
You can install the dnd4attack font by installing Adventure Tools Classic.
Sign In to post comments