04/05/2011 SF: "Shining in the Darkness"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Personally, I would have put Last Laugh and Protean Hulk in the Glissa, the Traitor deck, but that's just me.
"We will all be purified in Wurm. What is good will be used to heal Wurm, or grow Wurm, or to fuel Wurm's path. What is vile will be extruded, and we will be free of it forever." --Prophet of the Cult of Wurm
Heh, it *is* hard not to Vorthos out a little when Phyrexia is involved, isn't it? I think a good part of this is how well their mechanical identity fits their flavorful one. Especially the new Phyrexia, which tends to be a 'twisted' version of whatever color it's in.
And once again, Adam's talent for writing shines through in the first paragraph. I'd love to read a Magic novel by him.
The EDH deck looks sweet.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
A friend of mine has a Glissa EDH deck herself. However, she didn't play for 10+ years or so, so she missed a lot. I'll try to remember to show her that decklist. Poison seems incredibly powerful in EDH; you have a ton of life, but 10 poison counters still kills you.

Personally, I have an EDH deck idea I'm interested in but haven't got around to making yet, and it happens to be based on another Phyrexian: Geth, Lord of the Vault. Once I've cast him, I'm pretty sure I'd never let him go back to the Command zone, just the graveyard over and over again with various reanimation effects.
Sign In to post comments