New Gamma World Release Fall 2011

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

Edit: The following message was brought to you by April Fool's Day and the letter K. . .

I learned early this morning through the rumor mill that Wizards of the Coast has an unannounced release this fall for Gamma World. Apparently, it will be Character Creation Booster Cards, an optional set of random cards for Gamma World along the lines of the Alpha/Omega booster cards. In this case, the cards are a set of random skills and abilities. Players will no longer waste time rolling/assigning points to their ability or skill scores; they determine them by drawing Beta Creation Cards from their Beta Creation Decks. This enforces party cooperation and allows each character to shine in his own special way. You want to attack a monster with a melee weapon? Too bad unless you've drawn the Strength ability card! What lies behind the sealed security door? You'll never know unless the player who drew the Perception skill is willing to tell! Just imagine the possibilities!

I've also heard that WotC decided the price point for the the previous booster card packs was set too low. Each pack of the Character Creation Booster Cards will contain 8 random Beta Creation Cards and retail for $9.99.

Thoughts?
Kerry

*looks at the calendar*

*thinks*
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
You know you want to buy a pack. Wink

Kerry
I, for one, welcome our new card-based overlords.
April First I Hope.
GAMMA WORLD Wuv D&D: Beyond the RPG - Transcript This is a complete transcript. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390668593 The audio file is in this News Archive http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/DNDXP 2010 D&D Product Overview (47 minutes into the Audio) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390928045
yeah, yeah.... whatevuh..... Wink
I added a little note this morning to my original announcement Laughing

Kerry
You're an evil man, Kerry. If it weren't for all of the other April Fools posts all over the net I might have been actually excited...

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

You're an evil man, Kerry. If it weren't for all of the other April Fools posts all over the net I might have been actually excited...

Excited by the announcement??? I'm gonna assume you meant you might have been nauseated.

Kerry

Excited in that new GW product would be out there.

Don't get me wrong ... I still love 1E GW a lot more than the newer stuff, but at least the new stuff is being supported. Some part of me thinks that some GW of any editon is better than no GW at all! Tongue out

(Although I must say honestly that the d20 GW never interested me at all. I never bought a single book, which is strange considering my GW and Metamorphosis Alpha love.)

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

Sign In to post comments