Quinlan Vos portrayals: match to minis??

So, long story short, I finally get to see the Clone Wars episode with Vos in it.

His portrayal doesn't seem to match with the comics that I've read or either of the Minis.

Anyone else see this/ have an explanation for it?
So, long story short, I finally get to see the Clone Wars episode with Vos in it.

His portrayal doesn't seem to match with the comics that I've read or either of the Minis.

Despite what Leland Chee might want you to think, with his varying levels of "canon", the truth is that the EU is entirely apocryphal. Only the movies, their novelizations/scripts, and the Clone Wars TV series are truly canonical. Go and have a look at some of the Clone Wars episode guides. Any time there's a conflict between the show and the EU, the episode guide will say something like "this is the authoritative depiction" (for an example, see the guide for that Nightsisters episode with Ventress' new backstory). I wouldn't be surprised if the Vos episode guide says something similar.
"The Curse of Knowledge: When you know something, it's difficult to imagine what it's like not to know it."

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

Welcome to Icewind Dale (Legacy of the Crystal Shard)

DMing for My Wife (and Our Friends) (Lost Mine of Phandelver)

Despite what Leland Chee might want you to think, with his varying levels of "canon", the truth is that the EU is entirely apocryphal. Only the movies, their novelizations/scripts, and the Clone Wars TV series are truly canonical. Go and have a look at some of the Clone Wars episode guides. Any time there's a conflict between the show and the EU, the episode guide will say something like "this is the authoritative depiction" (for an example, see the guide for that Nightsisters episode with Ventress' new backstory). I wouldn't be surprised if the Vos episode guide says something similar.

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but I understand how the Lucas system of Canon works (or doesn't) I'm still bothered by the fact that this new Clone Wars overwrites the original Clone Wars series, which, to me, was better.

But that's the kind of reaction that I'm looking for.

I pick and choose what I'll allow as "Haven Canon"  and I assume that others do or they, at least, like or dislike the stuff they override.

I'm not a huge Vos fan,  but I know there are some out there and I know that they are pretty fanatical. I'm just wondering how this goes down with other fans.
I pick and choose what I'll allow as "Haven Canon"  and I assume that others do or they, at least, like or dislike the stuff they override.

I do too. I generally favor the GL's stuff over the EU, but there are some good things in the EU, and there are also some bad things in the movies and such (like Gungans - in my RPG campaign, they don't exist).

"The Curse of Knowledge: When you know something, it's difficult to imagine what it's like not to know it."

~ Steven Pinker

D&D 5e Session Recaps:

Welcome to Icewind Dale (Legacy of the Crystal Shard)

DMing for My Wife (and Our Friends) (Lost Mine of Phandelver)

I do too. I generally favor the GL's stuff over the EU, but there are some good things in the EU, and there are also some bad things in the movies and such (like Gungans - in my RPG campaign, they don't exist).

Good for you for making your own Canon.

In MY Star War, Gungans exist, but they are basically Klingons.

Have you ever looked at the Gungans that don't speak? They look like they could kick butt! When the trailer for EP I came out, I loved that shot of the army coming through the mist. Between that, and Jar Jar saying that they are warriors and have a Grand Army, I've always thought of them as Klingons.

So, does anyone know if the Vos figs from SWM are designed to be from a particulare EU storyline that's been rewritten by anything in Clone Wars?

I've always liked how the SWM minis like Yoda on Kybuck give creedance to the original Clone Wars series.
SLAP!
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL

At least one of his creators seems fine with his portrayal. Sort of how they thought he would be when not in the middle of a grim/dark story.

At least one of his creators seems fine with his portrayal. Sort of how they thought he would be when not in the middle of a grim/dark story.

Well, see that's why I ask.

He seemed a little "Hippie" or "Surfer Dude" or something for me.

I was just wondering if the character has ever been portrayed that way.
Sign In to post comments