Dailies and Minors

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I recently gave all of my players minor actions, since only my Magnetic Alien player had one and I wanted to enhance the feeling of usefulness my players had in encounter. I tailored them to my players and made them fit in with their origins, so I wouldn't find it useful posting them as it's more to make up for their shortcomings rather than a well rounded power everyone could use.

But what I did want to have this post be is a creation thread for minors and dailies for the origins. I think additional minors to the many utility minors would be cool, as I like variety as well as the threads expanding upon levels and skills in this forum. And as for dailies, I love it when I see players worry as to whether or not they should use their heavy hitter power, or just unleash hell on my solo elites.

Many origins have utility minors, and a few have at-will attack minors. We can add to these or not, it's up to you. Only the Alien has a daily, so every other origin is fair game for that.
I already turned all of the Novice bpowers into at-will if they were encounter. I think coming p with a list of things that can be done universally as a minor action would be better than adding a minor power to each origin. More bang for the buck, and we don't have to wait for each origin to be rolled/selected to access the cool ideas we are capable of generating en mass.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Ooooo!  Skill powers!  Why didn't I think of that?!

*goes perusing*