Novice Weapon Powers for Other Origins (Please Evaluate and Critique)

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've created alternate novice powers for three of my player's origins that use weapon attacks. These are my first real attempts at making PC powers. Do the effects and damage outputs look reasonable?

Cryokinetic Novice
Embrittling Attack
Your super cold weapon freezes your enemy's flesh, making it susceptible to shattering blows.
At-Will – Cold, Psi, Weapon
Standard Action – Melee or Ranged
Weapon
Target: One Creature
Attack: Charisma + your level + weapon accuracy vs AC
Hit: 1[W] + charisma modifier + your level cold damage, and the target gain vulnerable 2 physical and vulnerable 2 force until the end of its next turn if it does not have resistance to cold damage.

Hawkoid Novice
Soar and Strike
You exchange the accuracy of your attack for the defensive agility granted by flight.
At-Will – Bio, Weapon
Weapon
Effect: You gain a +2 bonus to AC and Reflex while flying until the start of your next turn.
Target: One Creature
Attack: Wisdom + your level + weapon accuracy vs AC
Hit: 1[W] + wisdom modifier + your level damage.

Wheeled Novice
Drive-By Assault
It's not a "hit-and-run" so much as a "hit-and-tactically-reposition".
At-Will – Dark, Weapon
Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Constitution + your level + weapon accuracy vs AC
Hit: 1[W] + constitution modifier + your level damage.
Effect: You move your speed. This movement does not provoke opportunity attacks from the attack's target.
Drive-by compares rather favorably to the Speedster novice, but I don't think it's too unreasonable.  You could change it to moving a smaller number of squares before or after the attack (remember that you also get a regular move).

The Hawkoid power obviously - from the flavor text - still takes the penalty for attacking while flying.  Might want to put it in the attack line, too.

I think the Cryokenetic one would make more sense if the vulnerability were to sonic rather than force, which can be slicey things like vibroblades (which don't vibrate at all, they're sword-shaped force-fields).  I also think the small vulnerability, tracked turn by turn, might feel a little inconvenient or feel pointless.   You should also be explicit on how much of it is cold damage.

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!