Redcaps! a Gamma Dungeon

11 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello everyone! I've been lurking the GW community for a while, taking advantage of all the good stuff everyone has posted. Now the karmic wheel turns! I've decided to go ahead and post the first level of my dungeon here, both for feedback and to allow anyone to use it. It's scaled for around level 3+

Redcaps! Is an adventure I've been tinkering with for a while, and has grown kind of exponentially from a minor delve to a big crazy thing. Do you like skulking through Ancient ruins trying to stop the followers of a mad god from bringing him into the world all Frankenstein like? This might be right up your alley. Attached is a link to the first level of the dungeon, which is really all I’ve had time to develop so far. Feel free to use it however you’d like. Expect more levels soon!

Fair warning, it’s entirely untested, my campaign runs slowly and hasn’t actually made it out of the Steading of the Iron King yet!

*I've added a separate download for the maps, for easier printing.

3/31: Added levels 2 and 3 to the shared document. Happy hunting!

Redcaps!

Map Files

Reading now. I like it thus far!
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I'm glad! It's kind of a wall of text right now, thanks for taking a look.
Looks real good. Maps are hard to see, but I will used it in my upcoming game as a side trek.
I've got a link to the map files on my first post. Should make it easier to print and use!
Looks neat.  We should get together and play some time (Labyrinth Games in DC is a good venue, if you haven't been).
I've walked past it a few times, but I'm not usually in DC so I haven't gotten a chance to go inside. It's really tough for me to add players to my current campaign (venue issues) right now, but I'd love to get in touch with more local gamers.
It's all good.  The Great Hall on Meetup has NoVA, SoMD, and DC gamer opportunities covered.  Where I found our current group.  We're currently playing 4e but haven't jedi-mind-tricked 'em into Gamma World yet.

Skimmed the file and it looks nice so far. I'll have to read in-depth later, but this looks really good!

Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playing 5E D&D and liking it! OD&D player since 1975

Thanks! I'm always up for critiques if you see anything amiss. I should have the upper levels complete tomorrow, if I can find the time.
Geez, two months? That's a long time to go dark. I did finish the upper floors, and while they don't directly relate to the "mission" of Redcap they were a fun diversion to write. I've started mapping the lower floors, but work has been killer, so slow progress there.

Our low game time has kept our group from reaching Red Cap until last week, but I feel like it's going pretty well. They haven't explored much of the dungeon, but they were nearly annihilated by the monster in room 26. They were pretty disheartened by this, but I was able to distract them with loot when they started searching other areas.

Has anyone else used it?
Sign In to post comments