What Are You Listening To? - Unlimited Edition

969 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Sweet Song of Silence - Courtesy of a busted MP3.... *scowl*
I just watched that Anvil movie on Netflix, I had no idea those guys were even still alive, but theyre still out there rockin, that takes real dedication man!! A truely touching movie, I give it a thumbs up, if you aint seen it, and you dig Metal music, you owe it to yourself to watch that movie!
So yeah its probably easy to guess what im listening to.

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
These guys did some pretty jammin covers too:

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
And they did a song about Mothra, how cool is that? Very cool!

One of the coolest songs about the Spanish Inquisition!

I cant believe these guys have put out 13 albums.

Oh, my bad, its fourteen.

Don't be late!

Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
So, I've found a band that my wife hates even more than System of a Down, Anvil!!! She cant freakin stand them at all. I made her watch that Anvil movie, well I didnt make her, I told her it was a good movie so she decided to watch it, of her own free will mind you, but the way she tells the story I MADE her watch it. Any way, while I found the movie to be inspirational, I mean these guys stuck it out all this time, even though they werent makin tons of money, but they stuck to their guns, ya know? They didnt change their style to what was "in" at the time, they stayed true to the music, ya know? You got to admire that. Any way the wife found it to be a sad portrayal of a washed up 80s hair band, and she says the reason they never made it big was because they sucked, she also said she liked the movie the first time she saw it when it was called This is Spinal Tap. Can you believe that!? I tried to explain to her that Spinal Tap was fake, whereas Anvil is real, she then informs me that that just makes it sadder. Sure there was a few Spinal Tap moments, like when they walkin onto stage and dude yells out "hello Cleveland!" or when theyre recording the album and the enginer cranks it up to 11, but this **** is the real deal, ya know? Some people just dont have no taste, knowhatimean?

anyway, without further ado, id like to dedicate this next song to my loving wife...

Tim Michin's If I Didn't Have You

Pretty funny.  Probably not if you're a die-hard fate/predestination fan though.
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]

Got a new CD, yay!!

Been awhile since I bought an actual CD, usually I just download the MP3 off of Amazon or whatever, yes I could probably find it on a less reputable site for free, but you get what you pay for, knowhatimean? I dont know how many times id go to download some Slayer and end up with Britney Spears or some BS. Any way this one wasnt available on Amazon in MP3 format so I had to order a bonafide actual CD!

Anyway, with out further ado...

Well hell yeah, I dont care what my wife says, these guys rock, I liked it, theyre keepin that old school metal sound alive! My hats off to em!

Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

ANyone remember this one? I love that guitar! THat mall scene in Bill & Teds, 'member that? I just had to get the soundtrack!

Near as I can tell the song is about the band picking up underage girls. Rock On!!

Jammin out to Anvil makes me think of other bands that I liked back in the day that I felt shoulda been bigger than what they was. Like these guys, anyone remember them? This was one of my all time favorite bands back in the late 80s, they put out two killer albums and then just dissappeared.

And another band I thought was really good back in the day that never really caught on for whatever reason.

ANd another one!
I love this chicks voice, shes got some range! To be able to sing high and then go into a low growl, I love it, Why dont they ever play this on the radio!?

While this band did recieve some moderate success with their albums, I always thought they should of been given alot more credit. People talk about the Big 4: Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica, and Slayer, but I really think Overkill should be on that list. Theyve always kept it fast and loud and never changed their sound to be more radio friendly like some other bands (cough cough Metallica cough cough).

And just so everyone doesnt think I just listen to metal, I present the Screaming Trees!
Anyone remember them? One of the best bands to come out of Seattle, but for whatever reason they never made it as big as Nirvana or Pearl Jam or Soundgarden.

Cuz this is just kinda awesome

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

My sleeping schedule has been getting all out of whack so I've kinda pulled an all nighter to be tired enough to go to bed at a reasonable time, and so i'm kinda listening to guilty pleasures and whatnot now.