What Are You Listening To? - Unlimited Edition

969 posts / 0 new
Last post
A State of Trance 500 from UMF.  Specifically an Insomnia remix Gareth Emery spun during his set (listening to the whole set now).  My friend gave a me a disk that has the entirety of Ultra's sets on it, I believe.  Hours and hours of amazing tunage from the likes of Above and Beyond, Super8 & Tab, Armin VanBuuren, the aforementioned Gareth Emery and more.  Just ... wow.  Yeah, I really wanna go next year now.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

ASOT @ UMF - Armin VanBuuren's set.  Trance how it's supposed to be.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Blu Tack - Declan Bennett [link]
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
ASOT 500 @ UMF - Marcus Schossow's set.  Interesting.  Plays with the tunes differently than most DJs.  I've got like 17 hours of tunes to get through.  This oughtta take some time ...

Section Six Soldier

Freer - Declan Bennett [link]

~I’d feel Freer if you were handcuffed to me~
~If we were joined at the hip by pins like Siamese twins~
~I’d feel Freer if you were handcuffed to me~
~Because we all move on but we don’t all survive behind walls of freedom that kill us than keep us alive~
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]

Above and Beyond - Anjunabeats in Miama (Ultra)

Section Six Soldier

Trying to fight a bad mood here...
EPIC.

Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Update 5th Sep 2011: Added a sample kingdom, as well as sample of play.

Superimposing Life - Panic Lift

Been wantin' to listen to this again for a while.  Plu's epic music reminded me for some reason. 

Section Six Soldier

Listening to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Beethovens Last Night. I really dig it, these guys are pretty good, Id wish theyd do more non-Christmas stuff like this. Its sorta like a rock opera I guess, its got a pretty interesting story to it, basically the devil appears to Beethoven and informs him that tonight is his last and not only that but hes going to hell, unless he agrees to give the devil his music, so the whole album is Beethoven trying to figure out what he should do, does he give up his music or be damned?

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there

one more...

Pink Cadillac.
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Im in an 80s mood tonight.

I remember when I was like 12 years old I thought this was the coolest song ever, EVER!!! I cant figure out why now.

80s!!! Woooooo!

And no 80s mix would be complete without this one...

And of course if you play that song then you just gotta play...

I apologize in advance.

Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
For some reason this song was stuck in my head all night at work.

Heres another one I get stuck in my head alot at work, the machine I run sometimes makes this sound that reminds me of the begining of Strawberry Fields, and then BOOM! Its stuck in my head, dammit.

Get this one stuck in my head alot too, I think cause it just jams! knowhatimean?

I listen to easy listening music...

Percy Faith
Bert Kaempfert
Paul Mauriat
James Last
Ronnie Aldrich
... that sort of thing.

Lately, I've been enjoying some '60s music again, from artists like
Petula Clark
Dusty Springfield

and even
Lesley Gore

and, thanks to YouTube, I've learned of artists in Europe that I had not previously known about, such as
Laila Kinnunen
Dalida
Janette
Gigliola Cinquetti

and, of course, many others, even
Yvonne Prenosilova

Coming up with weird ideas to make everyone happy since 2008!

I have now started a blog as an appropriate place to put my crazy ideas.

Im really diggin this song:

I think part of its charm is that my wife absolutlely hates it, she really likes the orginal version by Berlin and she thinks SOAD completly ruined it. I, however, love cover songs like this. They really make it their own you know? I cant stand cover songs where the band doesnt really do anything with and it just pretty much sounds the same, knowhatimean?

Heres another cover song I really like, but yeah, you guessed it, the wife hates it.

Im not really into this band at all but I kinda dig this song, they definitely do it in their own style, ya know? I got a buddy whos big into Sabbath and he actually threatened me with bodily harm if I didnt stop the song immediately.

Now whats funny is this buddy o mine is also big into Slayer so I thought Id play this one for him too.

The funny part is he actually likes it, totally hated the Cardigans doing Iron Man, but Tori Amos doing Slayer he liked, even asked me for a copy of it, some people, knowhatimean?

I have a compilation of heavies/softies covers, that features those SoaD, Cardigans, and Tori Amos songs. Another band on it is Hellsongs, also a Swedish band. They have covered Black Sabbath, Slayer, Metallica, and some more. One of my favorites is their cover of Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth.

I have a compilation of heavies/softies covers, that features those SoaD, Cardigans, and Tori Amos songs. Another band on it is Hellsongs, also a Swedish band. They have covered Black Sabbath, Slayer, Metallica, and some more. One of my favorites is their cover of Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth.

Yeah, now thats what Im talkin about, thats a great cover, definitely done in their own style. Thanx for sharing Mad Monkey, Im gonna have to add that one to my collection!
Another great cover artist!:

His version of Pulp's Common People is also a great cover.
Here is another cover of my heavies/softies compilation

And for the heavy side:

Yeah im diggin that Nevermore, its funny, I was just saying the other day that somebody ought to do a heavy cover of Sounds of Silence, and there it is! I just knew that there had to be one some where!

Currently listening to:

I love those guitars! Sounds so majestic!!

Sign In to post comments