What Are You Listening To? - Unlimited Edition

969 posts / 0 new
Last post
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
I'll be listening to AOL Radio's Classic Metal station tomorrow at work. Metallica (only up through Justice), Testament, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Slayer, Pantera, Queensryche... Even some some old Guns, AC/DC, Ozzy, and Sabbath. Also a little bit of crap. Surprisingly little (like 3-4 songs in ~5 hours), but it's there.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
  Also like Disturb's cover.

Shout always bugs me. I frequently get it stuck in my head for days.

Also, I was unaware Disturbed did a cover. What album? I rather like Disturbed, so I'm curious.

The Sickness, their first real album. Track 10 IIRC been a long time since I listenened to that.

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Shout always bugs me. I frequently get it stuck in my head for days.

Also, I was unaware Disturbed did a cover. What album? I rather like Disturbed, so I'm curious.

Sad dood clowny face pointed out where it can be found - which is great cuz I had no friggin' clue.  The only Disturbed album I own is 10k fists.  Thing is, I like a lot of their stuff.  Really great stuff to work out to.  They also did a pretty sweet Land of Confusion cover (which is on 10k Fists).  And if you like covers you gotta check out Korn's (yes, Korn) Word Up and Mushroomhead's Crazy.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Yeah, not a fan of Korn at all myself but I do dig that cover.  It's sufficiently amusing.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Wrong. The greatest cover in history is Johnny Cash's Empire of Dirt.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Umm ... wasn't it actually a cover of Hurt?  Like, I know he says empire of dirt in it but covers typically use the name of the song they cover - in this case, Hurt.  But yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Section Six Soldier

Derp. Yes; yes it was.
Cash was so good that Teznor said (and it's a direct quote!) "That's not my song anymore."
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
Trent's version is great ... Cash's is simply perfect.  It's amazing how much better it is.

Section Six Soldier

@ZB: Yup. You can tell that Reznor has experience with the subject matter. Cash, on the other hand, lived it longer than Trent's been alive.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
I really dislike Disturbed's cover of Shout. Doesn't feel right at all. Land of Confusion is great, but I already heard it.

Kingdon for a Heart - Sonata Arctica

Why yes, I do have aplaylist devoted to this band, what made you ask? Also, Tony Kakko is a sexy beast.

Yeah, Shout is ok and LoC is pretty good.  Disturbed is just good overall.  Did you check out that Mushroomhead cover of Crazy?  It's awesome.

@ZB: Yup. You can tell that Reznor has experience with the subject matter. Cash, on the other hand, lived it longer than Trent's been alive.

Yupyup.  They didn't call him The Man in Black for nothin'.  ;)  Though Reznor's no slouch - to be fair.  Before the last NIN revival he had much less than a mil in the bank.  Drugs and other wasteful stuff.  To go through that kinda cash you've gotta have some problems, heh.  Still, as good as Trent is, Cash was on another level.

Section Six Soldier

Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
This is kewls:

Section Six Soldier

Section Six Soldier

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
AOL Radio's West Coast Rap station. Lots of NWA, Snoop, Tupac, and Too Short.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?

I love that chorus. 
BEST. SONG. EVER.

Saigon Kick - Love is on the way....

I will submit my man card at this time....  Sorry!!!!

It's in a 4 hour megamix on the youtube though!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVGCGt_qnQ

Great music. should relax some of you guys while you're on the forums.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

Japanese Power Metal!!!!!!! 

Galneryus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn7s5WRfF_I

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that many:  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
No. Just... no

Also, Storytime - Nightwish
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
Just because, I didnt want the last post to be Hitler.

Tryin to reason with a hurricane. www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL99D9A2349B0...
http://guild.medialoungeca.com/index.php?action=forum The Guild I'm apart of. We're in WOW, STO, Rift and soon Star Wars feel free to register and hang out. http://sparkster11.deviantart.com/ my deviantart Wheelman of the House of Trolls, "I love it when you watch" Carrier of Section 2, 3 and 6 cargo. Resident Driver Stud God of Transportation and Lust.
Anybody ever see Young Guns 2? One of my all time favorite movies of all time. Yeah I admit I cried at the end. Anyways, theres this line in there were this dudes tellin the gang that theyre all Billy the Kid and calls them all a buch of "Billy Bastards" I dunno why but that line just cracked me up everytime and I started using it pretty frequently, I was calling everyone dirty little billy bastards. Anyways, on a whim i googles billy bastards, turns out theres a band, turns out they aint half bad neither. Dont you just love random searches sometimes?

This song makes me laugh.

Section Six Soldier

Check the name of the album, heh.

Section Six Soldier

Pandora's throwin' out some odd stuff.

Section Six Soldier

Sign In to post comments