Forgotten Realms Quotable Quotes

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

FORGOTTEN REALMS QUOTABLE QUOTES

1. The pair (Drizzt and Bruenor) spent the rest of the night standing in the chill wind, watching the stars, until dawn’s first glow stole the majestic view, or rather, replaced it with yet another.

Passage to Dawn

By R. A. Salvatore

Legacy of the Drow, Book 4

By R.A. Salvatore

Page 279

1. “All my life I have been searching for a home,” the drow said quietly. “All my life I have been wanting more than that which was offered to me, more than Menzoberranzan, more than friends who stood beside me out of personal gain. I always thought home to be a place, and indeed it is, but not in any physical sense. It is a place in here,” Drizzt said putting a hand to his heart and turning back to look upon his companions. “it is a feeling given by true friends.”

“I know this now and know that I am home.”

Passage to Dawn

By R. A. Salvatore

Legacy of the Drow, Book 4

By R.A. Salvatore

Page 339

On Bruenor Battlehammer’s desire to find his ancestral home:

1. “Nostalgia is possibly the greatest of the lies that we all tell ourselves. It is the glossing of the past to fit the sensibilities of the present. For some, it brings a measure of comfort, a sense of self, and of source, but others, I fear, take these altered memories too far, and because of that paralyze themselves to the realities about them.”

Streams of Silver

By R.A. Salvatore

Page 120

On comparison of Drizz’t do Urden and Artemis Artreri:

1. “But they remained strikingly different, a polarity of morals that subtly altered the aura of the dance.

The drow ranger in battle was an instrument of beauty to behold, a perfect athlete pursuing his chosen course of righteousness with unsurpassed fervor. But Entreri was merely horrifying, a passionless murderer callously disposing of obstacles in his path.”

Streams of Silver

By R.A. Salvatore

Page 23

On the disguised help of Lady Alustriel to Drizz’t do Urden:

1. “You have renewed my hope, Lady of Silverymoon. You have reminded me that there is indeed reward for those who follow the path of conscience, a treasure far greater than the material baubles that too often come to unjust men.”

Streams of Silver

By R.A. Salvatore

Page 234

1. “Let events take their own course,” he said resolutely…”I need no fantasies to belittle the great treasures that I already possess.” He took a deep breath to blow away the remnants of his self-pity.

Streams of Silver

By R.A. Salvatore

Page 234

1. The drow’s new identity did not fit in the eyes of Wulfgar and Cattie-brie. Bruenor spat into the water, disgusted at a world too blinded by a cover to read the book inside.

The Halfling’s Gem

The Icewind Dale Trilogy, Book 3

By R.A. Salvatorre

Page 169

1. “Nowhere might you learn more than in a land unlike our own,” Wulfgar remarked…

The Halfling’s Gem

By R.A. Salvatorre

Page 177

1. “Look in the mirror, Drizzt Do’Urden,” Catti-brie said, “without the mask. Killin’ Entreri won’t change the color of his skin – or the color of yer own.”

The Halfling’s Gem

By R.A. Salvatorre

Page 209

1. Again Drizzt had been slapped… He fell back in his chair… Before him loomed a woman, beautiful and sensitive and laying bare his soul with a few words. They had shared much, it was true…

The Halfling’s Gem

By R.A. Salvatorre

Page 209

1. My barbarian friend has come far from his youthful days roaming the tundra. Farther still must he come to hold the heart of Bruenor’s fiery daughter, to hold Cattie-brie’s love.

Is there in all the world a concept more fleeting, more elusive?

- Drizzt Do’Urden

The Legacy

Legacy of the Drow, Book 1

By R.A. Salvatore

Page 79

Revealing characterization of R.A. Salvatore’s on the Orc King Many Arrows:

1. “The dwarves are on their home ground. They know every stone, every rise and every tunnel. They know how to fight. But we…do not deny them the credit they deserve. We accept that they are formidable and worthy foes’ and in that knowledge we prepare.”

“We know them, but even against what we have shown to them in conquering this land, they still do not know us. This” (catapults archers, etc.) - … “they know and expect. Your preparations are half done General Dukka and half done well. Now envision how King Bruenor will try to conquer everything you have done, and complete your preparations to defeat that counter.”

- King Obould Many Arrows

The Orc King

Transition, Book 1

By R.A. Salvatore

Page 57

On Catti-brie’s charming beauty as captured by Fret as characterized by Lady Alustriel:

1. “Fret is full of magic, I am told,” Catti-brie said, glancing at Wulfgar.

Alustriel shook her head, “Fret finds the beauty, he does not create it.”

“He finds it as well as well as Drizzt finds orcs to slay, or Bruenor finds metal to mine, to be sure,” said Wulfgar.

The Orc King

Transition, Book 1

By R.A. Salvatore

Page 109

1. The drow’s eyes flared for just a moment – a lapse of control. Jarlaxle was unused to such wheels spinning outside of his control and he didn’t like the feeling.

Promise of the Witch King

The Sell swords, Book 2

By R.A. Salvatorre

Page 156

1. “The man moves with the grace of a true warrior and with the confidence of an emperor. But only in a martial sense. He is one and alone in every other sense. A pity, I think.”

(Mariabronne the Rover)

“I am not sure that Artemis Entreri would appreciate your pity.”

(Jarlaxle)

“It is not for him that I express it but for those around him.”

(Mariabronne the Rover)

The Sell swords, Book 2

By R.A. Salvatorre

Page 157

1. At that moment, though, the nakedness of her self-delusion and justification hit her hard. Perhaps Canthan was imparting truthful thoughts to her to justify her killing of the drow. Perhaps she tried to tell herself, the dark elf Jarlaxle truly was an impediment to their necessary victory.

Yes, that was it…

(Commander Ellery)

The Sell swords, Book 2

By R.A. Salvatorre

Page 301

On Abelar Corrinthal’s moral stand:

17.  Cale, “He won’t be able to live with himself if he does it.”

Riven shook his head. “He won’t be able to live with himself if he doesn’t. You saw his son.”

Cale hesitated. “A bad choice.”

Riven nodded. “But that’s how the world works.”

Cale did know it. Being able to live with yourself and keeping your soul clean weren’t always the same thing. And when it came to it, a man had to choose one or the other.

Shadowstorm

by Paul S. Kemp

The Twilight War Book II

Page 334

On Erevis Cale’s relation with Mask

18.  “… What I gave you allows you to save those you want to save, to harm those you want to harm. I made you more than a man.”

But I can’t save myself, Cale wanted to scream.

“This,” he fought through the restraints and held out his arms as the shadows roiled around his flesh “has not made me more than a man. It’s made me less.”

Mask said nothing for a moment, then, “You understand that much sooner than I did.”

Shadowrealm

by Paul S. Kemp

The Twilight War Book III

Page 67

Fundamental difference between Erevis Cale and Rivalen Tanthul:

19.  Rivalen: “How can you not feel awe as you watch a sun die?”

The shadows around Cale swirled. “Death does not awe me. Death is easy.”

Shadowrealm

by Paul S. Kemp

Page 67

Page 183

On Brennus Tanthul’s hair splitting predicament:

20.  Brennus lived in the space between the betrayal of his mother and the betrayal of his father. He could not long hold that ground. Either he honored his mother’s memory by exacting payment from her murderer, or he did as his father instructed.

Shadowrealm

by Paul S. Kemp

Page 213

1. As to the reason of the fine mood of Deudermont as observed by Drizzt:

Arkleem Greeth has erased the shades of gray – or has colored them more darkly, to be precise,” said Drizzt. “Any doubts you harbored regarding this action in Luskan have been cast away because of the lich’s action at Illusk. “As Arkleem Greeth stripped the magical boundary that held the monsters at bay, so too did he peel away the heavy pall of doubt from Captain Deudermont’s shoulders.”

The Pirate King

by R.A. Salvatore

Transitions II

p. 171

And then?