Fullmetal Alchemist Monsters

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello everyone, I was looking to incoorporate some fullmetal alchemist into my campaign, so only read this thread if you are familiar with it. Right now I'm looking to create the seven sins: Lust, Gluttony, Envy, Sloth, Wrath, Greed, pride. If I could get help on some ideas for powers, defenses etc. For example,
Gluttony, brute, lots of hp and regen, high fort but low ac/reflex/will
double slam attack and if he hits both of those youre grabbed.
bite attack and he gains back hit points if he lands it. 
When bloodied he shifts(opens up his belly like he does in the show) and gains a blast attack, if youre knocked unconscious with it you actually get sucked up.
very high perception( he can smell you)

I'm thinking a group of said evil cult (Demogorgon?) is trying to obtain a philosopher's stone which they can use to bring their god into this realm. If somebody obtains the philosophers stone then their encounters and dailys are never expended, however this won't happen till the very end of the campaign and they will have the option to destroy it. I'm thinking they may find imitation stones which have a one use only where they can spend a standard action to recharge an encounter power or if its a better imitation can recharge a daily.

Give me your thoughts! 
  Sounds like fun.  I always did like themed monsters, and the hommunculi from FMA do have an interresting array of powers.  I'm afraid I don't have much to add other than that.  Look forward to seeing some of your progress.
I'll have to think about it, but some things depend on others. Are you basing this off of the original Full Metal Alchemist anime? or the One similar to the Manga?(Brotherhood).

Wrath, Pride, and Sloth, and perhaps slightly Envy are different dependent on which you base it upon.
Hello everyone, I was looking to incoorporate some fullmetal alchemist into my campaign, so only read this thread if you are familiar with it. Right now I'm looking to create the seven sins: Lust, Gluttony, Envy, Sloth, Wrath, Greed, pride. If I could get help on some ideas for powers, defenses etc. For example,
Gluttony, brute, lots of hp and regen, high fort but low ac/reflex/will
double slam attack and if he hits both of those youre grabbed.
bite attack and he gains back hit points if he lands it. 
When bloodied he shifts(opens up his belly like he does in the show) and gains a blast attack, if youre knocked unconscious with it you actually get sucked up.
very high perception( he can smell you)

I'm thinking a group of said evil cult (Demogorgon?) is trying to obtain a philosopher's stone which they can use to bring their god into this realm. If somebody obtains the philosophers stone then their encounters and dailys are never expended, however this won't happen till the very end of the campaign and they will have the option to destroy it. I'm thinking they may find imitation stones which have a one use only where they can spend a standard action to recharge an encounter power or if its a better imitation can recharge a daily.

Give me your thoughts! 

WOOOT WOOOOT FMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cosplay Ed and know the voice actors of Ed, Roy, and Envy. . . . . . Travis(Roy) is really REALLY tall ^^

but nice idea

Lust would definately be a succubus: powers would be like charm or hypnotism, really high charisma, diplomacy and bluff

Envy . . . probably a Leviathan or giant serpant thing: possibly a shape shifter: would need good bluff, intimidate and perception. . . . and pretty epic fighting

thats all i can think of at the moment   

So far the campaign has been going great. For the monsters I used either solo or elite monsters.

Lust+gluttony was a fight, where lust acted like an archer gorgon but instead of petrifying she targeted will and made them comatose. Gluttony was made as above with a bite and slam attack and he could grab, and when he or lust got bloodied he got a powerful blast attack that recharged on a 6.

pride+Sloth- Pride was modeled after the Eye of Shadow, and sloth was made as a large brute with customized attacks like a charge that can go through opponents and a chain attack that was a close burst.

envy-I ended up modeling combat wise after a green dragon.

wrath and greed I havent used yet. Greed I think I will give an option as an ally but if they choose to fight him I will make him a soldier with a really high AC and some were(insert animal here) to fight with, like weretigers etc. Wrath Will be the last and probably be an elite skirmisher.

The storyline has been working great, I was able to use envy's shape changing to its full potential by imitating the one NPC that my group has known since the beginning of the campaign (Pock the gnome, he is their only friend, my group is very mistrustful...) I led them into a trap and made them believe that their one friend was the mastermind behind it the whole time. They are seriously angry at me and feel betrayed. I love playing with their emotions! However I think i'm going to have Greed reveal that Pock was kidnapped and replaced by Envy and offer to help if they will kill Wrath.

@fmalchemist I'm so jealous you know the voice actors, Roy Mustang is such a BAMF!

I am actually working on the same thing, but I am going along NPC design.

I have as follows

Envy- A Drow Rogue Aerialist

Gluttony- A Genasi Swordmage Vampire Lord

Greed- A Longtooth Shifter Runepriest

Lust- a Changeling Bard Vampire Thrall

Pride- a Dragonborn Paladin Deathknight

Sloth- a Deva Wizard Lich who is afraid to die because she will become a Rakshasa

Wrath- a half-orc Ranger with 2 dancing Katars

admittedly, mine are not strictly based on FMA, but I am trying to stay close to the spirit of the characters.