03/10/2011 TD: "Three Formats, Three Decks"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
The mere fact that the writer of their column about the decks currently dominating competitive play seems absolutely incapable of adhering to theme weeks should be telling R&D a hell of a lot about the way they design the major mechanics for sets.
The mere fact that the writer of their column about the decks currently dominating competitive play seems absolutely incapable of adhering to theme weeks should be telling R&D a hell of a lot about the way they design the major mechanics for sets.

Top decks as an article probably isn't designed to write theme week columns.  Not every article during a theme week actually has to be about that theme.  The ones that don't follow the theme don't get the theme week stamp on the bottem of the title box on the main page. 
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

Affinity would've been applicable to what you're talking about.

I had feared that Poison was going to destroy tournaments left and right.  I am glad I was wrong.

Affinity would've been applicable to what you're talking about.

I had feared that Poison was going to destroy tournaments left and right.  I am glad I was wrong.

Infect usually dominates limited though, doesn't it? I don't follow the pro scene that closely but that's the impression I'm getting. I certainly win with it more than usual.
I love the two Monty Python references :D
Sign In to post comments