DeAGOSTINI Miniatures?

With the minis line gone, and the handful I'm still missing beyond reasonable means, AND the Titanium line toast as well, I'm looking for something else to feed the need.
I'm looking at some of these OOP DeAgostini releases - mostly prepainted metal - on eBay and Entertainment Earth. They had both figure and vehicle lines, with an accompanying booklet. Anyone have any of these? How do they rate in terms of quality, about how big are they, and are the accompanying magazines any good?
Thanks!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
One of my local comic stores actually has a shelf full of these. I've always been so tempted to pick them up, but never felt like spending ~$20 each. But from what I recall, the ships are all slightly larger in scale than the Titaniums (around 20-30% bigger, I'd say), and the quality seems reasonably good. Probably on-par with the Titaniums, at least. Never read the magazines, so I can't comment there. Still, I'll probably end up giving in and snatching up a B-Wing or TIE Fighter at some point before they're all gone.
Well, I caved and just ordered the Clone Turbo Tank and the Rebel Transport from Entertainment Earth, so I'll brief y'all in time.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
Well, I caved and just ordered the Clone Turbo Tank and the Rebel Transport from Entertainment Earth, so I'll brief y'all in time.

Can't wait to see the pictures.
IMAGE(http://home.comcast.net/~jps201/mst3k_files/ms_seats.gif) "An opinion is not a right to be express whenever it is false/incorrect/a lie." -LOL
"Finally - fresh meat."

They arrived! The instant judgement call:
The juggernaut is all kinds of shades of awesome, but the transport is a bit of a disappointment.
Here's what I got:

The models come permanently affixed to a base with a nice plastic cover, and a photo background. I'm sure with some rasslin' they could be removed. Each also has a smallish full-color magazine with articles on multiple subjects, but focus on the model subject. Both were released in 2010.

Here's the Jug (A6 version, that is) beside the Titanium. SWEET! Terrific detail, impressive size. Still doesn't really go with anything else, though; a little too small for a companion to F-Toys (even if you declared it an A5), too big for Titaniums.
As an interesting aside, at several points the magazine referenced & credited West End Games for resurrecting the vehicle and making it semi-official & iconic enough to find it's way into the movies.

By contrast, here's the Rebel transport - actually smaller than the Titanium. Not really much better, either; a little more engine detail, and cute lil' tiny landing gear, but that's about it.

Here's another comparison. Kinda odd, huh? The Turbo Tank gives SO much more.

Finally (time for work!) each mag, among other things, has a great double gatefold of the featured piece. Nice!
Anyway, I WILL be getting more. I'll be cautious about comparing the figure size to the base, however.
Hope you liked 'em!
Thank you for that! I'm a big fan of both of those vehicles.

As an interesting aside, at several points the magazine referenced & credited West End Games for resurrecting the vehicle and making it semi-official & iconic enough to find it's way into the movies.

"Resurrecting"? I thought WEG invented the Juggernaut first in their Imperial Sourcebook... I even looked it up on Wookieepedia recently, but there was no info. Did it exist somewhere else first? School me!

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

Yup!
It was originally conceived by Joe Johnston as a concept for the Imperial assault vehicle for the attack on Hoth. His artwork is pretty much the exact vehicle we now know and love. They ditzed around with multiple wheeled & tracked mammoth "tank" concepts, as well as grav-tank designs that would also see a new life (in modified form) in our newer movies & shows. Eventually of course, for Empire they created the AT-AT instead.
But it was WEG that really "teched it," giving it statistics and even a name.

Now that I'm back from work, let's do the nitty-gritty:

The A5 Juggernaut is 22m long.
The A6 Juggernaut is 49.4m long.
The model is 9.25cm long.
SO, as an A5 it's about 1/238 scale.
As an A6 it's about 1/534 scale.
Niether of these, of course, match anything known to Man.
1/534 is 94% of 1/500th, though.

How about the Rebel Transport?
The transport is 90m long (the DeAgostini booklet states 900m; GONG!!).
The model is 7.75cm long.
That makes it about 1/1161 scale. Well, at least that's the vague ballpark of 1/1000th!
I just bought the AT-RT, and have three others on snipe. We'll see how that goes.
EDIT: Won an Escape Pod from one of our fine friends in Britain. It looks so big it barely fits in the case, so that could be fun! Lost the Speeder Bike and Venator, but I didn't bid that much on those.
I also DO have a three-pack of the FIGURE line coming, and they should be here anytime.
I gotta add a couple things:
First, this is a current line; it's not one that's dead.
Second, Entertainment Earth's website shows both current and projected offerings. For September 2011 it's:
The AT-PT.
Yes. The All-Terrain Personal Transport, at long long last.
Ya buy the last one out from under me, yer gonna get hurt. Laughing
Here's the three DeAgostini figures, shown next to a couple counterparts in Rawcliffe pewter. Given that the DeAgostini figures' bases are lower, they're the same size: 54mm (Dooku is 60mm, being tall). The figures were created in 2005, but released by DeAgostini - again, with an accompanying magazine - in 2006. They're actually extremely well done.