You Build the Character

Hi everyone.

This is just a thread to raise awareness of the You Build the Character contests I run in the Praxeum (yeah, I know, I'm a shameless self-promoter Wink). Basically, YBtC is a monthly competition where board members submit their Saga Edition builds for iconic Star Wars characters.

This thread will be updated every time that a new contest begins, and when voting is open.

If you'd like to see the past winners of YBtC, check out the Hall of Fame.

Here is a list of the contests so far, with links to the thread for each one:

If you have any suggestions for future contests, you can post them in the Hall of Fame, or email youbuildthecharacter@yahoo.co.uk.

Josh Cheesman - journalist and Star Wars fan. Visit the YBtC Hall of Fame to see the winners of the Praxeum's regular You Build the Character competitions. Need roleplaying stats for a miniature you're using in your Star Wars game? Try the [Saga] Star Wars Miniatures RPG Stats thread. Check out the The Great Mess Hall Food Fight, the Star Wars thread that can't be derailed. Any and all discussions welcome! I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast.
The current YBtC contest is to build Princess Leia. You can read the rules and submit an entry in the thread here. The deadline for entries is 11.59pm (PT) on Thursday 24 March.
Josh Cheesman - journalist and Star Wars fan. Visit the YBtC Hall of Fame to see the winners of the Praxeum's regular You Build the Character competitions. Need roleplaying stats for a miniature you're using in your Star Wars game? Try the [Saga] Star Wars Miniatures RPG Stats thread. Check out the The Great Mess Hall Food Fight, the Star Wars thread that can't be derailed. Any and all discussions welcome! I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast.
YBtC #18, Princess Leia, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 31 March.
Two updates.

First, YBtC #18, Princess Leia, has closed. The winner was Darth_Scorpion. You can view his entry in the Hall of Fame here.

Second, the new YBtC contest has been launched - Asajj Ventress. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 21 April.
YBtC #19, Asajj Ventress, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 5 May.
New YBtC contest launched - General Grievous. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 19 May.
YBtC #19, Asajj Ventress has closed. The winner was JensaariWarrior. You can view the winning entry here.
YBtC #20, General Grievous, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 2 June.
If you haven't heard it already, Episode 135 of the Order 66 Podcast has a shout out to You Build the Character. I want to thank GM Chris and GM Dave for this honour.

And if you don't listen to the Order 66 Podcast, then you should. Those guys love Saga Edition, and always put on an entertaining show. They also frequently have the game designers as guests (and Sam Witwer of Force Unleashed and Battlestar Galactica fame).

Not that I would know though. I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast. Wink
New YBtC contest launched - Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 23 June.
YBtC #20, General Grievous, has closed. The winner was johnnyputrid. You can view the winning entry here.
YBtC #21, Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 7 July.
New YBtC contest launched - Chewbacca. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 21 July.

I noticed the link I gave in the above post didn't work, so I've fixed it now.

YBtC #21, Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus, has closed. The winner was Serfious. You can view the winning entry here.

Also, I've started a new Hall of Fame on the d20 Radio boards. Not only will it (when it's fully updated) contain all the winning entries from past YBtC contests, it will also have my picks of the runners up as well. Check it out here (and listen to the Order 66 Podcast while you're there as well - I won't tell anyone Wink).
YBtC #22, Chewbacca, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 4 August.
New YBtC contest launched - HK-47. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 18 August.
YBtC #22, Chewbacca, has closed. The winner was fairytalejedi. You can view the winning entry here.
YBtC #23, HK-47, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 1 September.
YBtC #23, HK-47, has closed. The winner was Darth_Scorpion. You can view the winning entry here.
New YBtC contest launched - Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 22 September.
YBtC #24, Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 6 October.
New YBtC contest launched - Jaina Solo. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 20 October.
YBtC #24, Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus, has closed. The winner was fairytalejedi. You can view the winning entry here.
YBtC #25, Jaina Solo, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 3 November.
New YBtC contest launched - bounty hunters. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PT) on Thursday 24 November.
YBtC #26, bounty hunters, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 8 December.
YBtC #25, Jaina Solo, has closed. The winner was Serfious. You can view the winning entry here.
New YBtC contest launched - Cad Bane. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PT) on Thursday 22 December.
YBtC #26, bounty hunters, has closed. The winner was Derffrombelgium. You can view the winning entry here.
YBtC #27, Cad Bane, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 5 January.
New YBtC contest launched - Nute Gunray. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PT) on Thursday 19 January.
YBtC #28, Nute Gunray, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 2 February.
New YBtC contest launched - the Old Republic era. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PT) on Thursday 23 February.
YBtC #27, Cad Bane, has closed. The winner was awaypturwpn. You can view the winning entry here.
YBtC #29, the Old Republic Era, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 8 February.
YBtC #28, Nute Gunray, has closed. The winner was fairytalejedi. You can view the winning entry here.
You Build the Character returns! Contest #30, the Jedi High Council, is now live. Check it out here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 7 June.
YBtC #30, the Jedi High Council, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 21 June.
New YBtC contest launched - Darth Bane. You can enter the contest here. Submissions close 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 5 July.
YBtC #31, Darth Bane, is now closed to submissions. View all the entries and vote for your favourite in this thread. The deadline for voting is 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 19 July.