03/04/2010 LD: "Spellslinging"

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Latest Developments, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.
The deck built around 4 copies of Fauna Shaman does not contain a single copy of Fauna Shaman. I assume this is an error.

Otherwise, great article. I would love to play somebody from Wizards. 
Considering his latest version has no green, I'm pretty sure the Funa Shamans are cut all together from his most recent build.
Unsurprising that the name "gunslinging" has been dropped; pathetic PC nonsense strikes again.  Some weenie has a fit over the implication of violence in anything connected to their pwecious baby 8-year-old, and Magic's world gets a little more sterile and round-cornered to protect the sanity of these weak-willed pollyanna people who are allergic to the entire natural world.  Sickening.

One way to do this is for us to play random one-of cards that don't normally get played in competitive Constructed. For example, we'll put a ..."OpenTip(event, "Blade of the Bloodchief")" class="nodec">Blade of the Bloodchief and a ..."OpenTip(event, "Captivating Vampire")" class="nodec">Captivating Vampire into our Vampire decks, even though those cards don't show up in the Pro Tour versions of that archetype. This makes our deck less consistent, but puts on a better show and keeps us entertained as we play for the crowd for hours.



I would like to see this strategy be mandated by law in all FNM play.  Obviously this will never happen, I don't know how it could even be physically possible, but I want it to be true nonetheless.

Also, is there any reason why when "spellslinging" (gawd, I just died a little inside), you don't just bring multiple decks?  I can't think of any deck I've ever built, not even the most fun, which wouldn't lose all its joy well into the eighth hour.  Why not just be "Mr. Suitcase" and switch decks after every game?

And thanks for actually putting a "Maybe" option in the poll for a change.  That was obviously my choice, and it really ought to be most people's - it's not like you can be 100% sure you won't change your mind about going, and the only absolute "no" would be if you have no venue within accessible range.
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi
Unsurprising that the name "gunslinging" has been dropped; pathetic PC nonsense strikes again.  Some weenie has a fit over the implication of violence in anything connected to their pwecious baby 8-year-old, and Magic's world gets a little more sterile and round-cornered to protect the sanity of these weak-willed pollyanna people who are allergic to the entire natural world.  Sickening.


Hey, us pollyannas are actually more resilient to that sort of bullshit thanks to our unnaturally thick skin.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Unsurprising that the name "gunslinging" has been dropped; pathetic PC nonsense strikes again.  Some weenie has a fit over the implication of violence in anything connected to their pwecious baby 8-year-old, and Magic's world gets a little more sterile and round-cornered to protect the sanity of these weak-willed pollyanna people who are allergic to the entire natural world.  Sickening.



While I have no aversion to the term "gunslinging" the fact of the matter is that it doesn't accurately describe what these people do.  Why was it called "gunslinging" when neither side uses guns?  "Spellslinging" is a more accurate description of what occurrs so it makes way more sense than "gunslinging".
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
"Gunslinging" is a colloquialism that seemed to be working just fine up until now. I never saw anyone genuinely confused by it's usage.

Still, I'm glad to see that Wizards is willing to search for a better term. Magic will no longer be the cause for all gun-related violence in the world.  
Unsurprising that the name "gunslinging" has been dropped; pathetic PC nonsense strikes again.  Some weenie has a fit over the implication of violence in anything connected to their pwecious baby 8-year-old, and Magic's world gets a little more sterile and round-cornered to protect the sanity of these weak-willed pollyanna people who are allergic to the entire natural world.  Sickening.

  I doubt that Wizards changed terms because someone complained about the implication of violence in "gunslinging".  You do realize that Magic is suffused with implications of violence, right?  Anyone who was as uptight as these ultra-PC bogeymen you're imagining wouldn't be letting their children play Magic in the first place.

Also, it's funny that someone who's supposedly big into flavor is ranting that Wizards has switched to a more flavorful term.

Seriously, think before you post next time.
"Gunslinging" is a colloquialism that seemed to be working just fine up until now. I never saw anyone genuinely confused by it's usage.

Still, I'm glad to see that Wizards is willing to search for a better term. Magic will no longer be the cause for all gun-related violence in the world.  



I was never confused by its usage.  I am merely responding to willpell's comment by stating the fact that "spellslinging" is a more accurate term than "gunslinging".  What baffles me is that someone would argue against the change from one term to another, more accurate, term simply because the more accurate term is less violent than the original, less accurate, term.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

What I think Willpell was saying was that it's a matter of principle. Gunslinging worked fine, so it's frustrating to see it changed just to play damage control against the hot button of the month: violent rhetoric as the next downfall of modern society. Once again, innocent people are catering to the (potential) ravings of the idiotic.

And yes, I'm still a little bitter about Unholy Strength. Everyone should be.

I would love to GUNSLING against one of these guys. Or even go against their best standard deck.

GUNSLING
GUNSLING
GUNSLING
GUNSLING

spellsling. Meh.
[/sblock] [sblock=signature] I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's
They invented their own word for it because they do that for everything. Don't read any more into it than that.

Or did none of you notice that you're now playing Commander (TM) and tracking your life with a Spindown Life Counter (TM). 
I never really care. I use some random term, and people understand what I am trying to say. Its weird.
[/sblock] [sblock=signature] I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's
They invented their own word for it because they do that for everything. Don't read any more into it than that.

Or did none of you notice that you're now playing Commander (TM) and tracking your life with a Spindown Life Counter (TM). 



I'm still playing EDH.  Commander is the MtGO format.  That name change is a different story than gunslinging to spellslinging.

I'm not sure what you are getting at with the "Spindown Life Counter" comment.  A spindown die is just a 20 sided die with the numbers in sequental order instead of random.  It had no name associated with it to begin with as far as I know.  So once again, a different scenareo.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
Another strategy for encouraging creative, suboptimal decks, might be to set a price limit on your deck (perhaps something in the $50 range), then not go over that budget.  This will force you to almost exclusively use the common and uncommon cards which are (sadly) generally worse than their rarer counterparts.  It will also put you on more of an even footing with the more casual players who tend to show up at prereleases in greater numbers and might not have the money to put together a "serious" deck.

It might also draw attention to the issue of card imbalance across rarities that tends to (in theory, anyway) price people out of competitive play over time. 
"We will all be purified in Wurm. What is good will be used to heal Wurm, or grow Wurm, or to fuel Wurm's path. What is vile will be extruded, and we will be free of it forever." --Prophet of the Cult of Wurm
They invented their own word for it because they do that for everything. Don't read any more into it than that.

Or did none of you notice that you're now playing Commander (TM) and tracking your life with a Spindown Life Counter (TM). 



Do you realize that there is a difference between naming a product and choosing one's words?
They invented their own word for it because they do that for everything. Don't read any more into it than that.

Or did none of you notice that you're now playing Commander (TM) and tracking your life with a Spindown Life Counter (TM). 


Do you realize that there is a difference between naming a product and choosing one's words?


To a corporation, no, there isn't.
The deck built around 4 copies of Fauna Shaman does not contain a single copy of Fauna Shaman. I assume this is an error.

Otherwise, great article. I would love to play somebody from Wizards. 

He didn't post the Fauna Shaman decklist at all, that's what confuses you. The decklist he put there is his more recent white-blue Squadron Hawk deck.

Magic The Gathering DCI Lvl 1 Judge Don't hesitate to post rules question in the Rules Q&A forum for me and other competent advisors to answer : http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75842/134778/Rules_Q38A

Unsurprising that the name "gunslinging" has been dropped; pathetic PC nonsense strikes again.  Some weenie has a fit over the implication of violence in anything connected to their pwecious baby 8-year-old, and Magic's world gets a little more sterile and round-cornered


I'm curious now, is there any evidence external to your head that this was the justification?  



If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.


Unsurprising that the name "gunslinging" has been dropped; pathetic PC nonsense strikes again.  Some weenie has a fit over the implication of violence in anything connected to their pwecious baby 8-year-old, and Magic's world gets a little more sterile and round-cornered


I'm curious now, is there any evidence external to your head that this was the justification?



Considering how little exposure the term gets it's obviously not some kind of weird oversensitive PR issue. It seems like a branding thing.
Unsurprising that the name "gunslinging" has been dropped; pathetic PC nonsense strikes again.  Some weenie has a fit over the implication of violence in anything connected to their pwecious baby 8-year-old, and Magic's world gets a little more sterile and round-cornered to protect the sanity of these weak-willed pollyanna people who are allergic to the entire natural world.  Sickening.



I usually find you to be a pretty level-headed fellow, whose posts I always look forward to reading, but I think you're off on this. While it is more likely a corporate driven, branding initiative as others have posted, I don't have a problem with toning down violent-sounding language that doesn't need to be violent. At the risk of bringing too much Real Life onto these boards (which I'm always loathe to do), ever since the Arizona incident, I've become much more concious of how violent our language is, without us even realizing it. I don't have an issue with this. It is technically correct, and it is a little easier to accept into the language of the game. 



----------------------------------------------------------

As for the article, I didn't expect to get much from it as I've never had the opportunity to spellsling with anybody from WOTC, nor do I ever expect to do so in the future, but it was still nice to get a little bit of insight into how the designers of this game think. I was especially amused by the mostly-singleton deck that had to use a dozen different kinds of dual lands to make the manabase, since that's how my decks often end up working, though of course that comes from that fact that most good mana-fixers are rare and my collection is built through packs.

Always good to hear about examples like the Frost Titan, it's so amusing to see the online community rant about a card being so horrible, then a few weeks later somebody starts tearing up the game up with it.
Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013
To a corporation, no, there isn't.



There's a product's title, and there is PR as well. A company's image is just about as important as what it sells. It seems strange that a term that worked perfectly well for years was changed now, given the media frenzy around violent language. Wizards is also the owner of Dungeons and Dragons, which has something of a bad reputation already. It would be terribly naieve of them not to be conscious of little things like this.

In any case, I'll wait to be corrected if and when they put out "Spellslinging Decks". 



While it is more likely a corporate driven, branding initiative as others have posted, I don't have a problem with toning down violent-sounding language that doesn't need to be violent. At the risk of bringing too much Real Life onto these boards (which I'm always loathe to do), ever since the Arizona incident, I've become much more concious of how violent our language is, without us even realizing it. I don't have an issue with this. It is technically correct, and it is a little easier to accept into the language of the game.



Nobody has done a thing to establish causality between violent language and actual violent action. People have murdered people for as long the species has existed; we're looking at the human condition here. Altering one's life in any way for unsubtantiated claims is a bad practice; We'll end up with more awkwardly-shrugging-bodybuilder artwork.
I usually find you to be a pretty level-headed fellow, . . . 



???

To each his own, I guess. 
"We will all be purified in Wurm. What is good will be used to heal Wurm, or grow Wurm, or to fuel Wurm's path. What is vile will be extruded, and we will be free of it forever." --Prophet of the Cult of Wurm
Hey I love your articles Mr. Tom Lapille.

Truthfully they are the only ones I read consistently. Honestly I ususally just skim ur articles but today I read the whole blasted thing.

Hey I really like the concept you threw down on Spellslinging about playing goofy decks. My local friends I play have been busting out decks that are just a bit too competitive lately & it is refreshing to read what you guys do when you r gunslinging. I wish my friends would emulate what you guys do when you water down your decks for fun.

Hey why no list for Hellcarver demon/Emrakul deck?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
They invented their own word for it because they do that for everything. Don't read any more into it than that.

Or did none of you notice that you're now playing Commander (TM) and tracking your life with a Spindown Life Counter (TM). 


Do you realize that there is a difference between naming a product and choosing one's words?


To a corporation, no, there isn't.


I still routinely use "comes into play" in place of "ambles in a timely fashion into the battlefield zone where it may prove to be a valuable asset to your endeavors to win assuming it is not immediately doom bladed"

Come at me, WotC. 

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Sign In to post comments