In two weeks, here goes nothing ....

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

Spring break happens in two weeks, so I've got time to do a GW one-shot. The crew inviting me in all have day jobs and families, though, so it's got to be an accelerated experience.

• First off, thanks to everyone who provided pdf GM aids. The origin summaries, power cards and PC creation cheat sheets will greatly help.

• Since most of these aids are for the basic set, we'll start the crew off with those origins first. If we need replacement PCs, we'll go for completely random through the three books.

• > I plan to do Tony_Vargas 'draw from a hat so there's no repeat origins.

• The adventure will be a scaled down FF experience at 1st level, then I'll bump them up a level between encounters until they are 4th level to get them up to speed.

• Cryptic Alliances and Vocations are included.

That should give them a good taste of the whole experience wrapped up in four hours or so, right?

I'm open to any suggestions. Wish me luck!

A potential added feature to give a bit more of the full experience to the one-shot: Let the PCs level up after every hour or even every half-hour. Level-up in Gamma World is so much easier, with very little decision-making involved. The only downside I see to this is that you have to adjust your encounters to match the new levels, or plan very carefully. But you have two weeks to prep!
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Sign In to post comments