Legion of Gold Monster Art?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
i tried a quick search of the forum, but I could not find any explanation for all the monsters w/o art for this expansion. for famine in far-go it was one monster, but now i am the proud owner of twenty something pogs without art on them really. does anyone know why this happened or if they are going to fix this? i like the game, but what the heck?
Yeah I was really dissappointed by that as well, couldn't they have just used previous art of other monsters, tweaked them a bit and used them?  I was highly discouraged by that.
So, the tokens in FiFG LoG are un-illustrated, like the tokens used for Encounters?
No one wins in the Edition Wars. The whole hobby loses. Wizards did not lose me as a DDI subscriber with the Online CB, they lost me long before that. And I have let my Herald Level GM Status lapse after 8 years. Wizards lack of support and the Edition Wars Trolls that are poorly moderated just managed to take all the fun out of public events. ~~ KT
So, the toekns in FiFG are un-illustrated, like the tokens used for Encounters? 

Um, I'm gonna assume you meant Legion of Gold instead of Famine in Far-Go. . .
many of the creatures do have tokens, but quite a few do not. In the cases where specific creature art is not provided, tokens with the outline of the creature type (essentially the size depictions on the bottom of the standard creature illustrations) are included. I like them better than Monster #1, Monster #2, etc. tokens from D&D Encounters, but they are definitely generic representations instead of monster specific representations.

Kerry
So, the toekns in FiFG are un-illustrated, like the tokens used for Encounters? 

Um, I'm gonna assume you meant Legion of Gold instead of Famine in Far-Go. . .
many of the creatures do have tokens, but quite a few do not. In the cases where specific creature art is not provided, tokens with the outline of the creature type (essentially the size depictions on the bottom of the standard creature illustrations) are included. I like them better than Monster #1, Monster #2, etc. tokens from D&D Encounters, but they are definitely generic representations instead of monster specific representations.

Kerry

Err, yes. 

And thank you for answering.  
No one wins in the Edition Wars. The whole hobby loses. Wizards did not lose me as a DDI subscriber with the Online CB, they lost me long before that. And I have let my Herald Level GM Status lapse after 8 years. Wizards lack of support and the Edition Wars Trolls that are poorly moderated just managed to take all the fun out of public events. ~~ KT
Guess that just proves that there wont be anymore Gamma World, and they didn't plan on finishing on a high note either.

Makes sense... they were just experimenting with several ideas. Alternate "complatable" setting. Card bases mechanic. Boxes. Smaller books. Mini-series game release.
GAMMA WORLD Wuv D&D: Beyond the RPG - Transcript This is a complete transcript. http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390668593 The audio file is in this News Archive http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/DNDXP 2010 D&D Product Overview (47 minutes into the Audio) http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/22329697?sdb=1&pg=last#390928045
The artist did roughly the same number of pieces for each book, with roughly the same number of creatures per piece.  That seems like a reasonable enough explanation for me.  In fact, from that perspective, one could consider all those monsters without art to simply be a bonus!  
I think they finished on a high note. To be honest, the "generic" tokens are more useful.

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion