02/25/2010 TWTW: "The List"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I wonder if the Regionals announcement means that North Carolina won't get a Regionals anymore, the same way they took away our big prerelease.  We have lots of Magic players (more than, for example, the nearby states of Virginia and Georgia, which do get large events), but no single city that is quite as big, so maybe it's easier to ignore us.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the design of the plane of Golamo in the Great Designer Search 2!
My Decks
These are the decks I have assembled at the moment:
Tournament Decks (4)
Kicker Aggro (Invasion Block) Sunforger/Izzet Guildmage Midrange (Ravnica/Time Spiral/Xth Standard) Dragonstorm Combo (Time Spiral/Lorwyn/Xth Standard) Bant Midrange (Lorwyn/Shards/M10 Standard)
Casual Multiplayer Decks (50)
Angel Resurrection Casual Soul Sisters Sindbad's Adventures with Djinn of Wishes Sphinx-Bone Wand Buyback Morph (No Instants or Sorceries) Cabal Coffers Control Zombie Aggro Hungry, Hungry Greater Gargadon/War Elemental Flashfires/Boil/Ruination - Boom! Call of the Wild Teysa, Orzhov Scion with Twilight Drover, Sun Titan, and Hivestone Slivers Rebels Cairn Wanderer Knights Only Gold and () Spells Captain Sisay Toolbox Spellweaver Helix Combo Merfolk Wizards Izzet Guildmage/The Unspeakable Arcane Combo Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind and his Wizards Creatureless Wild Research/Reins of Power Madness Creatureless Pyromancer Ascension Anarchist Living Death Anvil of Bogardan Madness Shamen with Goblin Game/Wound Reflection Combo Mass damage Quest for Pure Flame Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle/Clear the Land with 40+ Lands Doubling Season Thallids Juniper Order Ranger Graft/Tokens Elf Archer Druids Equilibrium/Aluren Combo Experiment Kraj Combo Reap Combo False Cure/Kavu Predator Combo Savra, Queen of the Golgari Sacrifice/Dredge Elf Warriors Eight-Post Sneak Attack Where Ancients Tread Zur the Enchanter with Opal creatures Tamanoa/Kavu Predator/Collapsing Borders Esper Aggro Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and his Darksteel Reactor Theft and Control Unearth Aggro Soul's Fire Vampires Devour Tokens Phytohydra with Powerstone Minefield Treefolk Friendly? Questing Phelddagrif Slivers Dragon Arch Fun I'm probably forgetting a few...
Looking @ Sam Black's Steel Artifact decklist, I was struck by how many parts were the same for 2 other decks, Kuldotha Red & monowhite Quest.  So, I promptly threw this list together; if you want to use it, go ahead, with my blessing, I just ask that you email me that you'd like to use it, & I'd like to be kept appraised of its performance (I don't have access to MODO, that's why I'm farming this out).  My email address is travis.froggatt@gmail.com

[deck=Quest for Mo' Money]
3 Contested War Zone
4 Arid Mesa
7 Plains
5 Mountain

4 Memnite
4 Ornithopter
4 Signal Pest
4 Glint Hawk
4 Steel Overseer
2 Phyrexian Revoker

4 Tempered Steel
4 Mox Opal
4 Kuldotha Rebirth
4 Quest for the Holy Relic
2 Argentum Armor
1 Chimeric Mass

NOTE: An active turn-one Quest is possible with this build.  Imagine this opening hand:
Plains, Quest, Ornithopter, Memnite, Mox Opal, Kuldotha Rebirth, any other non-Equipment card in the deck.

Drop the Plains, cast Quest.  Cast both 0-cost creatures, remembering to put a counter on the Quest for each of them.  Cast Mox Opal.  Tap the Opal for red, cast Kuldotha Rebirth, sac'ing the Opal, get 3 red 1/1 Goblin tokens (don't forget those counters!).

Now, either pass the turn, threatening to pop the Quest during your oppo's end step, or pop it immediately, betraying your true impatient Red nature!  That's right, the white is all an act!  A front!  This is really a RED deck, through & through!  Bwa-hahahahahahahahhaaaaa!!!!!!

Ahem.

Enjoy!
Looking @ Sam Black's Steel Artifact decklist, I was struck by how many parts were the same for 2 other decks, Kuldotha Red & monowhite Quest.  So, I promptly threw this list together; if you want to use it, go ahead, with my blessing, I just ask that you email me that you'd like to use it, & I'd like to be kept appraised of its performance (I don't have access to MODO, that's why I'm farming this out).  My email address is travis.froggatt@gmail.com

[deck=Quest for Mo' Money]
3 Contested War Zone
4 Arid Mesa
7 Plains
5 Mountain

4 Memnite
4 Ornithopter
4 Signal Pest
4 Glint Hawk
4 Steel Overseer
2 Phyrexian Revoker

4 Tempered Steel
4 Mox Opal
4 Kuldotha Rebirth
4 Quest for the Holy Relic
2 Argentum Armor
1 Chimeric Mass

NOTE: An active turn-one Quest is possible with this build.  Imagine this opening hand:
Plains, Quest, Ornithopter, Memnite, Mox Opal, Kuldotha Rebirth, any other non-Equipment card in the deck.

Drop the Plains, cast Quest.  Cast both 0-cost creatures, remembering to put a counter on the Quest for each of them.  Cast Mox Opal.  Tap the Opal for red, cast Kuldotha Rebirth, sac'ing the Opal, get 3 red 1/1 Goblin tokens (don't forget those counters!).

Now, either pass the turn, threatening to pop the Quest during your oppo's end step, or pop it immediately, betraying your true impatient Red nature!  That's right, the white is all an act!  A front!  This is really a RED deck, through & through!  Bwa-hahahahahahahahhaaaaa!!!!!!

Ahem.

Enjoy!

On further reflection, I'd like to move the 2 Revoker to a theoretical sideboard (I don't normally play with sideboards, as I don't know how), in favor of bashing people over the head for a lot, most likely the win.
Sign In to post comments