To Somebody That Has a Full Set of Booster Cards: How Much Did it Cost You to Get 'em All?

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
To Somebody That Has a Full Set of Booster Cards: How Much Did it Cost You to Get 'em All?

I'm wondering what would be a fair price to purchase a full set of these cards from someone.
think a while back i read someone spent around $200 until they got the full set. the number only stuck out because i think they were trying to sell roughly 200 of the extra cards to recap the cost of buying them all. i could be mistaken, this was a few months back and i only caught it in passing.
I spent around 200 bucks to get them all... I looked on ebay before I started and saw a complete set for 120 or 130 and laughed... because that was way too much... wish I had done the math before, but I should also note that Ive got 3 of every common, 2 of every uncommon, and 1 of each rare. I also have the 2 gameday cards, but not the ever-elusive 2-headed one -- Im afraid my wife would divorce me if she found out I spent 50-65 bucks for a single card.

I should also mention I got most of them from trading with people on this forum, and with the online store that sells singles... I was buying 10 boosters a week for a while... and once when I got home, all exited to open them... they were the same 10 packs I had bought the week before. So if you are gonna do it on your own, I would recommend buying the whole box of boosters at once...
Why did the hoop cross the road?
I thought about buying the box. THe big question is, will every box have every card or no?  I guess I'm asking if they knowingly pack the entire box with "random" packs but know that all 120 are in there.

I'd hate to buy a box and realize in the end it still would be cheaper to just pay the $120 to buy a guaranteed complete collection.
I thought about buying the box. THe big question is, will every box have every card or no?  I guess I'm asking if they knowingly pack the entire box with "random" packs but know that all 120 are in there.

I'd hate to buy a box and realize in the end it still would be cheaper to just pay the $120 to buy a guaranteed complete collection.

I would still HIGHLY recommend the complete set on ebay... way cheaper, and as I said before, unless you want dozens of duplicates that really serve no purpose... I remember having like 21 of the Liquid Bones card for example...
Why did the hoop cross the road?

CCg armory has the enitre box of boosters for $61.  If your just looking for a complete set, there is no guarantee that you will get it in a box, but for the price of a complete set on ebay you could get two boxes of cards for your group to play.  I think If you have a solid group, going for the box at CCG is diffently worth the  cost, just for variety of play.  But if your just thinking of the complete set it migght not be the thing for you. 
A box doesn't come close to a complete set unfortunately.
A box doesn't come close to a complete set unfortunately.

Nope, but a box gives a group of players a lot of cards to choose from in game play.  To me the only reason to get a box of cards, is to add to the variety and sheer number of cards available to any given gaming group playing Gamma World.  $61 a box is a deal.

But yeah if your looking for a complete set, then buying a box set is propably not the way to go. 
Auggies Games sells cards invidiually.
store02.prostores.com/servlet/auggiesgam...

Commons .25 Uncommons .75 and Rares 2.99
They do not seem to have them all but might be nice to fill in cards you do not have.

As an aside...

I just bought 10 boosters at $3.20 a piece.

Out of those 80 cards I got 10 repeats and no duplicate rares (or uncommons)

I was very happy with my purchase.

I'm thinking though I will just go buy the rest in singles, becuase my chances of duping now are pretty high.

Take that as you will.
My Blog, mostly about D&D.
57304548 wrote:
I imagine that Majestic Moose plays a more "A team" type game than most of us. By that I mean he allows his players to make tanks out of a backyard playground set since the players have more "fun" that way.
Actually I much prefer The Losers.
Show
When I and my friends sit down we want a game of heroic fantasy. Rare is the moment when I have cried out in a video game or RPG "that's unrealistic." (Unless there is no jump button. Seriously makes me mad, single handedly ruined the N64 zelda series for me, but that's a digression of a digression.) I mean, we play games with the force in galaxies far, far away, with supernatural horrors, dragons and demi-gods, alternate cosmologies, etc. Reality and it's effects hold little sway to what makes a Heroic fantasy game fun IMO. Just repeat after me: You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are not how much you've spent on WotC products. You are not whatever RPG you play. You are one of tens of thousands of people that spend money on a hobby. You will not always get what you want
Thank you all for the responses.

There is a complete list of cards, and thier rules content on-line.  That and a little random-generation table, and you can have the aproximate functionality of the cards for nothing but the time, effort, and maybe some printer costs, if you don't want to do it all on a laptop or something.

Y'know, unless you want to actually encourage WotC to make more of it's RPG properties into CCGs... ;)

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"You want The Tooth?  You can't handle The Tooth!"  - Dahlver-Nar.

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

Y'know, unless you want to actually encourage WotC to make more of it's RPG properties into CCGs... ;)

Nope, but I would like to encourge them to produce more cards.   I would also encourage them to continue to innovate and not be trapped by the paradigms and rigid mind sets of the past. 
I'm guessing that you were trying to quote Tony_Vargas in both of the quotes above?  As it stands, his words seem to be credited to me.

The quote function gets messed up occasionally.

Nope, but I would like to encourge them to produce more cards.   I would also encourage them to continue to innovate and not be trapped by the paradigms and rigid mind sets of the past. 

WotC got it's start with MtG - pushing CCGs is the paradigm and rigid mind set of their past.

It's also how they deliver their best margins, so Hasbro's not likely to let them break free of it anytime soon...

5e really needs something like Wrecan's SARN-FU to support "Theatre of the Mind."

"You want The Tooth?  You can't handle The Tooth!"  - Dahlver-Nar.

"If magic is unrestrained in the campaign, D&D quickly degenerates into a weird wizard show where players get bored quickly"  - E. Gary Gygax

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!