List of updated racial ability scores

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been searching the past hour online and here in the forums for an updated list of all the wizards created races and their updated ability scores.

But I did find a problem. The rule errata list for PHB1 says nothing for the Dragonborn, but the compendium on the homepage lists that they have the option for +2 Con, yet I didn't see it in any of the other book listings via the compendium for that race. I'm curious as they said they did update them all since PHB3. The compendium just lists all 3 abilities, and doesn't say which one is the primary.

So I ask, does someone have an up-to-date list of the ability scores for the races? Thank you very much.
Yeah, they've kind of dropped the ball on putting these new ability score bonus options in the updates, but I'm not sure why you're having difficulty with the compendium. The compendium seems to have them all listed adequately. Just click on the race, and the pop-up description will tell you exactly which is their primary ability score and which two are their secondary. Not all of the former races have gotten an update, however. Here are the races that have gotten updates:

Dragonborn: +2 Charisma, +2 Constitution or +2 Strength
Dwarf: +2 Constitution, +2 Strength or +2 Wisdom
Eladrin: +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma or +2 Dexterity
Elf: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence or +2 Wisdom
Half-Elf: +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma or +2 Wisdom
Halfling: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma or +2 Constitution
Tiefling: +2 Charisma, +2 Constitution or +2 Intelligence
Drow: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma or +2 Wisdom
Half-Orc: +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution or +2 Strength

Still in need of ability score bonus updates are the Genasi, Deva, Gnome, Goliath, Kalashtar, and Warforged.

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!
Ah that's what threw me off. I didn't see it for the PHB2 classes and I was just looking at the Dragonborn abilities, which just so happen to be alphabetical (while Str was the primary stat and thus assumed so).

Thank you for that clarification.
(while Str was the primary stat and thus assumed so).

What? No, Charisma is their primary stat. Strength and Constitution are their secondary stats.

Why, yes, as a matter of fact I am the Unfailing Arbiter of All That Is Good Design (Even More So Than The Actual Developers) TM Speaking of things that were badly designed, please check out this thread for my Minotaur fix. What have the critics said, you ask? "If any of my players ask to play a Minotaur, I'm definitely offering this as an alternative to the official version." - EmpactWB "If I ever feel like playing a Minotaur I'll know where to look!" - Undrave "WoTC if you are reading this - please take this guy's advice." - Ferol_Debtor_of_Torm "Really full of win. A minotaur that is actually attractive for more than just melee classes." - Cpt_Micha Also, check out my recent GENASI variant! If you've ever wished that your Fire Genasi could actually set stuff on fire, your Water Genasi could actually swim, or your Wind Genasi could at least glide, then look no further. Finally, check out my OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE article, an effort to give unique support to the races that WotC keeps forgetting about. Includes new racial feature options for the Changeling, Deva, Githzerai, Gnoll, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Orc, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shadar-Kai, Thri-Kreen, Warforged and more!
I believe Warforged can choose Str or Int
I believe Warforged can choose Str or Int

That's correct.  +CON is fixed, option of +STR or +INT.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Deva: Wis, Int or Cha
Genasi: Int, Str or Con
Goliath: Str, Con or Wis
Gnome: Int, Dex or Cha
Kalashtar: Cha, Int or Wis
Revenant: Dex, Cha or Con
Shadar-Kai: Dex, Int or Wis
Shifter: Wis, Str or Dex (no change, represented by choice of longthooth or razorclaw)
Warforged: Con, Str or Int

Normally I'd link you the racial flex chart which was a free article, but I'm having trouble finding an active link to it.
Sign In to post comments