Well, they did it.

64 posts / 0 new
Last post
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

It's still a country in which you need to work just 1,5h (I think?) to pay for your food.
In the US you need to work some 2h and in Poland 5h.
I've heard that on the radio.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
It bolsters my faith in humanity that they can celebrate not having a government without becoming anarchists.
Et in arcadia ego~Even in paradise I am here Est Sularus Oth Mithas~My Honor Is My Life You, sir, are a liar. Or delusional. I like your style.- Zombie_Babies
Show
The two editions are very different...and make for two different games. In general, 3.0/3.5 is built around more-or-less full freedom in terms of character customization. In contrast, 4.0 is built around balance and ease of play. Honestly, I think WotC should have maintained both lines as parallel games.
(real life friends came up with this not me) The Resident Nonexistant Antichrist Neanderthal Amish Werewolf Jesus Delusion.
It's still a country in which you need to work just 1,5h (I think?) to pay for your food.

Whoa, whoa whoa.  Slow down, man.  I wasn't posting this to poke at 'em, rather it was my intent to post, jokingly, in spirit with the people themselves.  They joke about it, why can't we?  This was done in solidarity, not to bash.  My country's government is a disaster.  Far be it from any American to criticize the Belgians (IMO). 

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I read it in the newspaper today. I wonder how much they'll lenghten the record by...
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Update 5th Sep 2011: Added a sample kingdom, as well as sample of play.
There was a cartoon in the newspaper today with the punchline "Seperate? No way, we'd have to form TWO governments then!".
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
There was a cartoon in the newspaper today with the punchline "Seperate? No way, we'd have to form TWO governments then!".

And ZB, I wasn't that negative, chill.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
Congratulations There's just something about making something into a record which makes it better. The schools here always arrange for some expert in alcohol abuse to come talk students about the danger of drinking, and every time I've been to one of those lectures the same thing has happened: The guy says something along the lines of "Danish youths actually has the Nordic/European/world record in drinking" in an attempt to make people alarmed, the whole auditorium starts to cheer, and no one changes their drinking habits. Well, I actually think we've lost that record (which makes me dread for whatever country holds it now), so something must have happened, but most people I've talked to thought it was a sad thing, and that we should work on getting it back.

World records tend to lend themselves to celebration, and I'm glad the Belgians take it with good humour. It's really the best thing to do, considering the circumstances

I'm getting all emotional. I've always had faith in us Belgians. I knew we had to be good at something. I always knew we could excell if we just put in an effort and now finally we get the recognition we deserve. *wipes away tears*
Should I make grammar mistakes, I am most likely unaware of them. Feel free to point them out lest I keep making them. I shall take no offense.

Hmm, it all depends on how you calculate the price of a meal I guess. But I thought taxes in the US were far lower than here in Belgium, plus all stuff here being more expensive. What's an average hourly wage before taxes in the US?

I read it in the newspaper today. I wonder how much they'll lenghten the record by...

Well, the end is definitely not in sight yet. They always appoint someone who has to be like the referee of the negotiations between the parties and the last effort stranded barely a week and a half ago. There's a 'government of ongoing business' though.

Laughing Where's this bigger list of smilies there used to be in the old forum? With the rolling on the floor smilie, the guy tipping his hat and all...

Should I make grammar mistakes, I am most likely unaware of them. Feel free to point them out lest I keep making them. I shall take no offense.
Where's this bigger list of smilies there used to be in the old forum? With the rolling on the floor smilie, the guy tipping his hat and all...

community.wizards.com/communityhq/blog/2...

Here you go

Hmm, it all depends on how you calculate the price of a meal I guess. But I thought taxes in the US were far lower than here in Belgium, plus all stuff here being more expensive. What's an average hourly wage before taxes in the US?

I think it was calculated for a "stadard weekly basket" with minimal wage taken into consideration.
Food gets more and more expensive in general, but in Poland wages are awfully low to boot.
Part of the reason you're so likely to run into a guy with a "-ski" surname all over the planet
InB4Lock.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory

can't believe I mist this thread

W00T
I love living in Belgium

I think they'll give up, and hold re-election*, in ... april/may. - at which point we'll start from zero again.

... hmm ... so by the end of the summer I recon we'll have a gouvernment again ...

Bah, they have 6 levels of government.

They need to look at seperation to solve this crisis

That's kind of the problem. One of the biggest political parties around the table ('bout 15%) is seperatist. So they are in a win-win situation: either

• They solve the 'crisis' their way - they can tell the people they did what previous gov's failed to do

• They don't solve the 'crisis' - they can tell the people "see, Belgium doesn't function. we NEED to seperate"

Either way, trying to negociate with a group who doesn't want to compremise much ... not an easy task

( 'crisis' is italic, as there actually is no crisis ... only a political one)
(sorry for any bias; Though I'm trying to be objective, I'm in the non-seperation camp myself)

Where's this bigger list of smilies there used to be in the old forum? With the rolling on the floor smilie, the guy tipping his hat and all...

the round Icon right of the smiley: you got 'toggle spellchecker', 'emoticons', 'insert icon'. It's insert icon.

Qube's block builder: if you want to create blocks for powers, items and monsters for this forum, but don't know html
Signature in a box
For years, I've lived a double life. In the day, I do my job - I ride the bus, roll up my sleeves with the hoi-polloi. But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known a life of dubious virtue. I won't deny it - I've been engaged in violence, even indulged in it. I've maimed and killed adversaries, and not merely in self-defence. I've exhibited disregard for life, limb and property, and savoured every moment. You may not think it, to look of me but I have commanded armies, and conquered worlds. And though in achieving these things I've set morality aside, I have no regrets. For though I've led a double life, at least I can say - I've lived.

3.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Monster Are You? - Stone Gaint

Scipio: And Chihuahuas have definitely improved in the "attacking ankles, yapping, and being generally annoying" environment. Me: OK, am I the only who sees an analogy between forum trolls & Chihuahuas?
Some of my work:
XDMC 19 (silver): A full fledged assassins guild (with stats, skill challenges, ...)link XDMC 14 (Bronze): a one shot campaign for beginning DMs/players. link XDMC 16: Paragon path: the Epitome: being better then all then any one else. link (note: this is balanced) XDMC 25: The Gelatinous Cube mount Guide To Disreality: a collection of houserules - Introduction & table of content
My ego in a box
who am I kidding? my ego would never fit in a box

community.wizards.com/communityhq/blog/2...

Here you go

the round Icon right of the smiley: you got 'toggle spellchecker', 'emoticons', 'insert icon'. It's insert icon.

Thanks, both of you.

I think it was calculated for a "stadard weekly basket" with minimal wage taken into consideration.
Food gets more and more expensive in general, but in Poland wages are awfully low to boot.
Part of the reason you're so likely to run into a guy with a "-ski" surname all over the planet

Oh yeah, I've heard of this basket before. Completely forgot!

InB4Lock.

I'm still wondering why they closed the first thread. Why do you expect this to be locked? There's nothing inflamatory going on here.

InB4Lock.

I'm still wondering why they closed the first thread. Why do you expect this to be locked? There's nothing inflamatory going on here.

Random thread locks the last few weeks. No reason... In B4 lock

This is the reason.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
InB4Lock.

Random thread locks the last few weeks. No reason... In B4 lock

This is the reason.

+1
Resident 1337 Speaker. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. Four boxes protect our liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Use in that order.
Plus this is a very volitile political subject, so against the rules! oh wait, nobody actually cares about belgium. :D
Qube's block builder: if you want to create blocks for powers, items and monsters for this forum, but don't know html
Signature in a box
For years, I've lived a double life. In the day, I do my job - I ride the bus, roll up my sleeves with the hoi-polloi. But at night, I live a life of exhilaration, of missed heartbeats and adrenalin. And, if the truth be known a life of dubious virtue. I won't deny it - I've been engaged in violence, even indulged in it. I've maimed and killed adversaries, and not merely in self-defence. I've exhibited disregard for life, limb and property, and savoured every moment. You may not think it, to look of me but I have commanded armies, and conquered worlds. And though in achieving these things I've set morality aside, I have no regrets. For though I've led a double life, at least I can say - I've lived.

3.jpg

Scipio: And Chihuahuas have definitely improved in the "attacking ankles, yapping, and being generally annoying" environment. Me: OK, am I the only who sees an analogy between forum trolls & Chihuahuas?
Some of my work:
XDMC 19 (silver): A full fledged assassins guild (with stats, skill challenges, ...)link XDMC 14 (Bronze): a one shot campaign for beginning DMs/players. link XDMC 16: Paragon path: the Epitome: being better then all then any one else. link (note: this is balanced) XDMC 25: The Gelatinous Cube mount Guide To Disreality: a collection of houserules - Introduction & table of content
My ego in a box
Yep, not even Belgians, it seems.  That fact makes them quite likeable, oddly enough. 

Section Six Soldier

The name Belgium sounds familiar for some reason.  Isn't that the name of the highway the Germans used to get to France?

Ok, Just Joking!  I kid. I kid.

The name Belgium sounds familiar for some reason.  Isn't that the name of the highway the Germans used to get to France?

That what they thought during WW1. Guess what tiny country stopped the German Blitzkrieg
(granted, in WW2 they did not make the same mistake of understimating us ...)

Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box

That what they thought during WW1. Guess what tiny country stopped the German Blitzkrieg
(granted, in WW2 they did not make the same mistake of understimating us ...)

I also understand that was more due to a mistake of France stopping the Maginot line at the Belgium border than Belgium willingly letting the Germans invade France through their country.  Given the available options, it simply became the easiest possible route for the German advance on Paris.  I'm not really intending to slight the Belgian will to fight an invader, but the Belgians were certainly at a huge disavantage in that scenario.

USSR?

BTW., doesn't the king have a say in this mess?

USSR?

BTW., doesn't the king have a say in this mess?

And dont forget Africa!

by opening the water locks, and flooding the area, we halted the army, as they were not eauiped to fight knee-deep in the mud

Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box
Tehee, a proper frog-man victory. I can get behind that.
Sir Casm, Lord of the Oblivious
I like it too. Nothing like flushing Nazis away with mud

So, can't the king influence the non-government?
So, can't the king influence the non-government?

the separist party I was talking about doesn't like the king.  so ... 

NOOO!!! EEEEEVIL!!! The king is not democratically ellected!!! He should not have a say in this fantastic process of democracy!
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box
Hehe, monarchs these days don't have a lot of power or anything. I know our queen doesn't really get much of a say in anything, she's just a figurehead (I think that's the term?)

She goes around and keeps up relations with other countries, but she ultimately only does what the government tells her to. 
Epic Dungeon Master

Your Kingdom awaits!
The Queen of UK can however dissolve the Canadian gov't, can't she? ;)
One could say the king's there for decoration only, but then again one 'd expect anything decorative to be more aestethically pleasing... I'm not against the monarchy, mind you - I consider the royal family as part of the coutnry's patrimonium, or something like that.
Qube's basically nailing it, btw.

On the topic of invaders - using mud to our advantage has worked before, in 1302 when the French* cavalry couldn't properly charge an army of weavers and peasants, in the Battle of the Golden Spurs.

*= Yup, the French. Basically this place has been occupied by the Romans, the French, Austria, Spain, the French again, the Dutch... Sure there's been lauding comments on the fight we put up (like Ceasar calling the Belgians the bravest of all Gauls), but we still ended up a being overrun, he.

”He is a precious stone. His eyes are priceless diamonds set in a perfect, smooth onyx. His hair is mythril, and his movements are flowing like mercury. If I possess him, I will be richer than I ever was. If I can claim him as my own...” -Pippa Dragonsdaughter-
Basically this place has been occupied by the Romans, the French, Austria, Spain, the French again, the Dutch...

I feel another world record coming up!

news update: yesterday, 3 of the important politicians ... had lunch together.

Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box
On purpose?
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Did one of them pay for lunch or did they split the bill or take seperate checks?

I'll bet the socialist paid, and the liberal took the check, so he could deduct it from taxes as business meal ;)
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box
News update:
so, last month a informator was appointed (a.k.a. a guy who talks with all the parties, to find the a combination to form a majorty). Since he got a month for that, yesterday, his job ended.

The conclusion: "with all parties, there is a will to negociate"

... , apparently, we're going the right way ... once we stop getting outpaced by snails  ...
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box
Funny... it doesn't matter what country you are talking about, politics and politicians are all the same...
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
It would be very funny if it weren't so terribly, horribly true.

dunno. we dont take it very serious anymore.

on the news today (well, yesterday evening).
- A new negociator has been appointed. he has no time limit.

... see you people in a month or four ...
Signature in a box

3.jpg

Some of my work:
My ego in a box

I've pretty much given up on it as well. 
Epic Dungeon Master

Your Kingdom awaits!

on the news today (well, yesterday evening).
- A new negociator has been appointed. he has no time limit.

... see you people in a month or four ...

That guy has awesome job security.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
A challenger1 appears...

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110325/ap_on_re_ca...

-- I know this thread has been dead for a while, but lately several threads have been resurrected. Besides, I didn't feel like starting a completely new thread for this.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this