homebrew 60 card set - PEACH

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I made a set of homebrew cards for use in my campaign. It has 30 alpha mutations and 30 omega tech items.

Feel free to use them. I haven't had much time to playtest them myself, so feedback is appreciated for improvement.

www.neonairgames.net/misc/GW_Improbabili...

Sorry, no backgrounds, just text.
Cool. I like the Googley Eyes and Blame Thrower in particular.

The Raving Strobelight is also very clever.

PLUR. 
"Rainy Day Miasma," huh? Good to see another Kingdom of Loathing player on the boards. At least I know someone will appreciate my KoL class origins when I post them later this week. Laughing
Encounters DM, Season 4 & Season 5 - Amorous Armadillo Game Shoppe - Oviedo, FL
Haha nice. I've been wondering when someone would get around to putting out a big homebrew card expansion.

Nice work. I don't have time to look through it all just now, but I glanced through and had a few laughs I'll poke at it with the critique stick later when I have some time.
I glanced through the first page. At first look they seem fairly balanced. I'll go through them with a fine-toothed comb tonight to see if they can fit in my game. But good job thus far!
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
These are f***ing hilarious.  You are a genius, sir.  I especially like the Mystery Men weapons, but most of them had me grinning.  The Pokeball will turn GW into my kids' favorite game of all time.  Thank you. 
Congratulations!  This is the first serious attempt I've seen at homebrewing a signifigant number of cards.  I did skim through them and they're mostly very good, in the spirit of the game, though I guess a few would've had copyright issues if WotC had done 'em. ;)

Foresight/Hindsight (Precognition/Retrocognition) may already be in the game in some form... maybe an origin... and I think there's some sort of psychometry ('object reading') mutation, too.

Q:  Is 'Itty Bitty' 1/4 size or 1/4 height?   IMX, an annoying proportion of gamers are into the cubed-squared law and will care about that distinction.   You might want to change it to just making the character small.  (or Tiny).  You could even have an overcharge.  The mutation makes you Small while readied.  Overcharge:  you're Tiny.  Failed Overcharge:  you shrink down to microscopic size (save ends), while micro, you do not have LoS or LoE to any normal-sized creature or object, though you can spend a few rounds exploring the vast landscape of whatever dust mote you landed on...

Mind of Matter is a bit like the classic Will Force mutation.

It'd be cool if Slime Trail let you crawl up walls like a snail.  If so, maybe it should slow you down a bit, too.

Is the Action Wrench subject to Omega Charge Checks, as well as ceasing to function on a 1?

Beetle Carpet:  presumably you an shift 1 as a minor action?

Hash Sylladex:  LOL!!!  How does it handle collisions?  nevermind...  It's odd that it's actually better once salvaged... or do stowed items just disapear? (Same goes for the Queue  & Stack & Tree versions).  So, 'sylladex' is from a computer game?

Neverending Gum:  maybe it should be salvageable so it retains the property but loses the power?

Oops, looks like this request tried to create an infinite loop. We do not allow such things here. We are a professional website!

for the Never endig bubblegum maybe it could be a salvaged 4: str/con close blast 2  hit: slowed (save ends).
Thanks for the critiques, Tony.

Itty bitty: should be 1/4 height.

Slime trail: the snail-climb ability sounds like a fun idea. I might change that later.

Action wrench: Yes, it stops functioning both if you roll a natural 1 while using its property and from omega charge checks.

Beetle carpet: Yes, it's supposed to be shift 1.

Hash sylladex: Actually, this one is from Homestuck (MSPaint Adventures). I tried to keep the sylladexes' data structures simple enough so that noncomputer-sciency people will understand how they work. Collision detection would end up taking up too much text on the card, so if there is a collision, the new item can't be added. However, its user can trick it by calling an item by a slightly different name. For example: CANOE = 2 + 1 +2 +1 + 1 = 7 could alternatively be inserted as a BOAT = 2 + 1 +1 + 2 = 4. Also, the players might try alternating 'y' as either a consonant or vowel to trick it.

Neverending gum: Yeah, I should make this one salvagable.
Very good ones. Thanks a lot.
updated.* Same link.
Sign In to post comments