Math Teacher Seeking Assistance... PLEASE READ... Trying to make Math interesting!!!!!!!

Math Teacher Seeking Help!!!

Hello to all... Now I have been a fan of D and D, Paladium, etc. for many years. However it has not been until recently that I have needed a much deeper understanding of the game.

I have read over the game "Heroes of Hesiod" and loved it. But it is too simple for my students. They could use a bit more of a mathematical challenge... as well we have many a nerdy boy and girl that really would be interested in creating a character within rules... letting them tailor that will really make it more fun!

I would like to create a game for my sixth graders to play to better understand and work with integer operations... (+ - x /) as well as percentages and fractions all with positive and negative numbers... a rather droll subject... but not if you use D and D... it could be very fun.

This is all well and good... the game does these things very well. But creating a game, characters and monsters is something that I am not experienced in. I think that the standard character creation and game rules are a bit to complicated. However these students are extremely good in math (international school in china) and can use a bit of a challenging system... only simplified.

So basically I am looking for suggestions. I want them to be able to create characters, and I could create an adventure... this adventure could last three class periods if neccessary (45 min each).

If there is anything existing... please let me know.

Looking forward to your responses.

Brandon