Transmutation?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is less about an article than about a lack of article.

I was messing around in the Character Builder, and I noticed that wizards had an at-will attack power I hadn't noticed before: Stone Blood.  Huh.  Area burst 1, 1d6 + Int damage, slows... Transmutation keyword?

The source is listed as "Dungeons and Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game."

Turns out, they snuck in an encounter power and a daily at level one, too: Leaden Transformation (another slow) and Slimy Transformation.  Slimy Transformation turns the target into a toad, which is awesome, but why didn't they announce anything?

What's up?
I think Slimy Transformation is from the Red Box, so wouldn't be surprised if the others were as well. I get the sense they also planned to have a Transmutation School for the Essentials Mage, but didn't end up fully designing it by the time Essentials came out.
That's lame.  It's been a while since Red Box, though; they've had plenty of time to finish it.  Are they just holding onto it for the day people stop complaining about how much more wizard stuff there is?
That's lame.  It's been a while since Red Box, though; they've had plenty of time to finish it.  Are they just holding onto it for the day people stop complaining about how much more wizard stuff there is?

Just to be clear, that is mainly speculation on my part, it could have just been some random powers they scattered in the Red Box for flavor reasons alone. Anyway, I imagine if they do have more of it under construction, it would show up in a DDI article, or whenever WotC returns to releasing more supplements - something like Arcane Power 2 or the like. Since that doesn't seem to be their current direction, hard to say when we'd see any more stuff along these lines.