Deck Masters Contest #4: Bl00m Tribal

55 posts / 0 new
Last post
This week's contest is an adaptation of a tribal format developed by CadaverousBl00m.  In order to fit with the contest series a few alterations were made to it, but I believe that the core of the contest has been kept in tact.

Bl00m Tribal Format Restrictions

• Each deck chooses a tribe.

• Due to their significant advantages over other tribes due to their overwhelming size, the following tribes are banned for consideration:
  • Human

• Soldier

• Wizard

• Spirit

• Warrior

• Elemental

• Beast

• Goblin

• Elf

• Shaman

• Zombie

• Cleric

• Knight

• Bird

• Rogue

• Merfolk

• Slivers

• With the exception of Basic Lands, any card that doesn't have a subtype that matches the chosen tribe is restricted to a single copy in that deck.

• Cards that either have the chosen tribe or a name of a legendary creature of that tribe as part of their name are unrestricted for that deck (for example, both Angelic Wall and Akroma's Vengeance would be unrestricted in Angel tribal decks despite not having the Angel subtype).

• Cards that specifically mention the chosen tribe as part of their rules text are unrestricted for that deck (for example, Thelon of Havenwood would be unrestricted in a fungus tribal deck).  Please note that Creatures with "Changeling" are restricted in any deck other than Shapeshifter Tribal.

• Cards that instruct you to "choose a creature type" are unrestricted in all decks (for example, Luminescent Rain would be unrestricted in any deck for this format).

• Due to their overpowered nature in this format, the following cards are additionally banned:
  • Peer Pressure

• Extinction

• Tsabo's Decree

• Engineered Plague

• Circle of Solace

• Unnatural Selection

• Relentless Rats

Submission Judging

• All deck submissions are to be judged based on their presumed performance in a multiplayer game.

• Each participant in the contest will have one week following the deck submission deadline to rank each other participant's deck submissions (they do exclude themselves from their ranking).

• Each submission will be awarded points equal to its inverse position in the ranking (for example, if there are eleven submissions in a contest, each player will rank the ten other participants.  The deck ranked #1 will receive ten points; #2 will receive nine points; #3 will receive eight points; #4 will receive seven points; #5 will receive six points; #6 will receive five points; #7 will receive four points; #8 will receive three points; #9 will receive two points; #10 will receive one point).

• The point total for each participant's ranking will be added together to make an over-all ranking of deck submissions.

• The final ranking will be the sum total of the points awarded from the "over-all ranking" and the average score awarded to them by each participant, rounded to the nearest tenth (this is to prevent artificially inflating certain participant's scores who did not submit a ranking of the other decks)

• Any infractions to the contest rules will be governed by the overall consent of the other contest participants (which may or may not result in disqualification from the contest).

The submission portion of this contest will end at 11:59 PM on Sunday, February 6th (CST), at which point the ranking portion of the competition will begin.  The ranking portion will end at 11:59 PM on Sunday, February 13th (CST).  Good luck!

Official Contest Submissions (7)

Helphelpe's "All Your Base are Belong to Us"
[deck]
4x Fyndhorn Elves
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Priest of Titania
2x Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
4x Elvish Archdruid
4x Elvish Harbinger
3x Gilt-Leaf Archdruid
3x Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

1x Masked Admirers
1x Sylvan Messenger
1x Glimpse of Nature
1x Elvish Visionary
1x Harmonize
1x Regal Force
1x Worldly Tutor
1x Chord of Calling
1x Green Sun's Zenith
1x Biomantic Mastery
1x Recycle
1x Praetor's Councel

20x Forest[/deck]

"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

Since you didn't ban them, and I said I was going to do it...

Hu-man
4xCatapult Squad
4xField Marshal
4xDaru Warchief
4xCatapult Master
4xCaptain of the Watch
1xDarien, King of Kjeldor

1xHonor of the Pure
4xShared Triumph (naming Soldier)
1xGlorious Anthem
1xMarshal's Anthem
1xDoor of Destinies

1xEnlightened Tutor
1xAura of Silence
1xArmageddon
1xRavages of War
1xCatastrophe
1xWrath of God
1xMartial Coup

1xMistveil Plains
1xFlagstones of Trokair
1xKarakas
1xKjeldoran Outpost
1xForbidding Watchtower
1xDarksteel Citadel
18xPlains

My first stab at a Human Tribal deck. Zero points for creativity (unless we are giving out creativity points for circumventing the rules).

Budget EDH:EDH on $20 a Deck. Join the Group

But Humans are on the banned list. I'm looking at it right now.
Glad you banned Birds. It forces me to use my brain, and not roll out my existing Bird Tribal deck. ;)
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
I'm sick of seeing Sphinx of the Steel Wind not in any submissions for any of these contests.
Let's see what my Artificer team can do about it:

4 Etherium Sculptor
4 Vedalken Engineer
4 Grand Architect
4 Master Transmuter
2 Faerie Mechanist
2 Arcum Dagsson
-- 20 Artificers

8 Island
1 Darkslick Shores
1 Seachrome Coast
1 Tundra
1 Underground Sea
1 Arcane Sanctum
1 Dromar's Cavern
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Vault of Whispers
1 Ancient Den
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Watery Grave
1 Darksteel Citadel
--20 lands

1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Azorius Signet
1 Dimir Signet
1 Obelisk of Esper
-- 4 artifact mana sources

1 Ethersworn Canonist
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Darksteel Forge
1 Worldslayer
1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
1 Sharuum the Hegemon
1 Blightsteel Colossus
1 Sphinx Summoner
1 Sphinx Sovereign
1 Sharding Sphinx
1 Nullstone Gargoyle
1 Inkwell Leviathan
1 Platinum Angel
1 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Ethersworn Adjudicator
1 Filigree Angel

So we've got
*four guys who reduce the cost of artifacts,
*eight guys who generate mana for use with artifacts
*four girls who cheat artifacts onto the battlefield at instant speed
*two faeries who dig for more artifacts
*two guys who tutor up Darksteel Forge, Worldslayer, Elixir of Immortality, and yet more mana sources
*all the top otherwise-too-expensive-to-ever-use artifact creatures I could think up off the top of my head

Timmy timmah
It's mono, it's black, it's control, it's Vampires. Yay.

A.K.A. Let's hose the entire format with Anowon! ;)

Do you know how tempting it was to throw Ascendant Evincars in here too, just to go the whole hog?
Damn Necro and Bargain being banned for this contest - they'd have accelerated this deck like no-one's business.

Maybe I missed the rule somewhere but is Mirrodin Besieged legal for this contest? It is legal in all formats starting next friday (if I aint mistaking) and the deck submissions are still happening then.
Kamikazegerbil wrote: Coke Spill Level 1 Encounter Attack Power Trigger: You must be pouring yourself a drink Range: Close Blast 1D10 from Player Target: All creatures and objects within blast Attack: Any vs. Reflex Hit: 1d6 Fizzy damage and target is wet (save ends) Aftereffect: Target is sticky (save ends)
But Humans are on the banned list. I'm looking at it right now.

Cathaldus must have ninja edited within the first 16 minutes. I could have sworn that Cathaldus was using his original list, and that Humans were not on the top of the list. (My submission wasn't official anyway, it was really just a joke submission). Now for a real submission...

The Ayes have it, Motion Passes
4xEvil Eye of Urborg
4xEvil Eye of Orms-by-Gore
1xShapesharer
1xAmoeboid Changeling - (fun with Spirit Mirror+Thornbite Staff)
1xSkeletal Changeling
1xMoonglove Changeling - (also fun with Thornbite Staff)
1xGhostly Changeling
1xMirror Entity
1xAvian Changeling
1xChangeling Sentinel
1xChangeling Hero
1xCairn Wanderer
1xCrib Swap
1xNameless Inversion

1xHaakon, Stromgald Scourge - (because nearly every card is a knight)

1xThornbite Staff - Stupid combo card
1xDoor Of Destinies - Because everyone should be running it
1xSpirit Mirror - Stupid combo with Amoeboid Changeling
Tutors

1xEnlighened Tutor
1xBeseech the Queen
1xDiabolic Tutor
1xGrim Tutor
Resets/Removal
1xBarter in Blood
1xDamnation
1xWrath of God
1xReturn to Dust
1xCataclysm
1xRout
1xAustere Command
1xAkroma's Vengeance
Land
1xBojuka Bog
1xCreeping Tar Pit
1xCelestial Colonnade
1xArcane Sanctum
1xAzorius Chancery
1xDimir Aqueduct
1xOrzhov Basilica
1xExotic Orchard
1xTerramorphic Expanse
1xEvolving Wilds
1xVesuva
1xIsland
5xPlains
7xSwamp

I find it very hard to get the mana needed for this deck so any suggestions on that are welcome. The nonbasic land fetchers should generally get Thawing Glaciers because that accelerates the best over multiple turns.
Kamikazegerbil wrote: Coke Spill Level 1 Encounter Attack Power Trigger: You must be pouring yourself a drink Range: Close Blast 1D10 from Player Target: All creatures and objects within blast Attack: Any vs. Reflex Hit: 1d6 Fizzy damage and target is wet (save ends) Aftereffect: Target is sticky (save ends)

I haven't worked it out yet (and I haven't got the time right now) but a lot of mana = better change of winning in most magic games I see.

I find it very hard to get the mana needed for this deck so any suggestions on that are welcome. The nonbasic land fetchers should generally get Thawing Glaciers because that accelerates the best over multiple turns.

The standard way to abuse monocolored decks in EDH are...
Gauntlet of Power
Extraplanar Lens - Snow-Covered lands are a nice touch

You might consider Enlightened Tutor to find them.
How has Voice of All worked out for you in the past? For me, it usually turns out that people are playing too many different colors, and if I am in the lead, my opponents conspire to help each other out by the opposite opponent removing it.

Serra Avenger/Malach of the Dawn has never been bad for me.

Helphelpe, I'll make sure to adjust the first page accordingly (so as to clarify this), but this contest will allow for the use of Mirrodin Besieged cards.  Given that I'm looking at my copy of Glissa, the Traitor right now, I find it hard to justify its exclusion.

In the future, all new sets will be legal for use for contests that begin after their prerelease.
"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager." --Arcanis the Omnipotent
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Before they banned the format out of existence, I was a proud supporter of Modern.

Thar be Drakes
1xAcademy Ruins
1xTolaria West
1xSafe Haven
21xIsland

4xShrieking Drake
4xGilded Drake
4xSpiketail Hatchling
4xSpiketail Drakeling
4xPeregrine Drake

1xDrift of Phantasms
1xForbid
1xCapsize
1xEquilibrium
1xFabricate
1xRhystic Study
1xEnergy Flux

1xExtraplanar Lens
1xVedalken Shackles
1xOblivion Stone
4xDoor of Destinies
1xGauntlet of Power

1xEvacuation

This deck is designed to abuse the fact that Door of Destinies isn't restricted to a singleton in the format (which it probably should be, along with all the "choose a creature type" cards. They lack creativity.). With Door of Destinies in play, Shrieking Drake can power up your drakes +1/+1 for each . Mana doublers are there so that infinite mana can be had with Shrieking Drake+Peregrine Drake+Equilibrium, and they can be searched for with Fabricate/Drift of Phantasms. The remaining choices were good MP cards with a CMC of 3 (some of which are Artifacts too). Academy Ruins makes sure that you don't lose your artifacts for ever. Save Haven is only in the deck so that you can steal creatures with Vedalken Shackles each turn if need be (with no intent of sacrificing Safe Haven).

The new Myr can kill via massive spells, massive token armies, and massive Battlesphere:

22 Mountain

4 Myr Reservoir
4 Myr Turbine
3 Myr Matrix

4 Iron Myr
1 Copper Myr
1 Silver Myr
1 Leaden Myr
1 Gold Myr
4 Palladium Myr
4 Myr Galvanizer
4 Myr Battlesphere
1 Myr Propagator

1 All is Dust
1 Eldrazi Monument
1 Comet Storm
1 Fireball
1 Conflagrate
1 Rolling Thunder
1 ...or are we banning the unhinged cards?
Thar be Drakes

I'm going to go ahead and call this contest for capitan_estaban already. Because anybody can be competitive in a tribal contest with a good tribe. If you go looking for a good drake, the best you'll come up with is something that's pretty good 'for a drake'.

Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black

Because anyone can build a Vampire deck and hose people with Anowon for sport, here's my #2 option.

A Mesmeric Incarnation

General idea - mill to get your incarnations in the yard, with the big ones getting shuffled straight back in. Gaea's Blessing and Elixir to help keep the shenanigans going.
Urborg + Filth for the win.
Wrath and All is Dust to reset (we don't care too much about resetting the board - all our permanents that we want out in this deck are either lands, artifacts, or creatures that get shuffled straight back in).
Guile + Null Brooch for a cute side combo.

Thar be Drakes

I'm going to go ahead and call this contest for capitan_estaban already. Because anybody can be competitive in a tribal contest with a good tribe. If you go looking for a good drake, the best you'll come up with is something that's pretty good 'for a drake'.

Shirley you must be joking

My point wasn't that Drakes are overpowered, it was that Door of Destinies shouldn't be allowed as a four-of. The card is basically an auto include in any tribal deck (if we are judging by effectiveness). I suppose I could have used Kavu, Cats, Harpies, or Gargoyles for nearly the same effect with DoD.

Cathaldus, I noticed that Balance isn't on the Banned list even though it is on the Legacy Banned list. I am sure this was just a typo (not sure if anything else is missing).

CadaverousBl00m, you have Demonic Tutor in your Vamp list. 

My point wasn't that drakes are overpowered either. Drakes suck(at least the pauper ones), but here we have a drake deck that's awesome.
My point wasn't that drakes are overpowered either. Drakes suck(at least the pauper ones), but here we have a drake deck that's awesome.

Oh. Thanks.

Chimera Voltron
4xBrass-Talon Chimera
4xTin-Wing Chimera
4xLead-Belly Chimera
4xIron-Heart Chimera
1xMoonglove Changeling
1xCairn Wanderer
1xMirror Entity
1xChangeling Hero
Tutors
1xDimir House Guard / Brainspoil
1xDiabolic Tutor 
1xGrim Tutor 
1xLiliana Vess 
1xBuried Alive
1xPack Hunt
Utility
1xWithered WretchNezumi Graverobber
1xAbyssal Gatekeeper 
1xFleshbag Marauder 
1xUrborg Syphon-Mage
1xHaunted Crossroads
1xEye of Singularity / Spreading Plague
1xBloodbond March
1xBlack Market
1xKagemaro, First to Suffer
1xLifeline

1xThawing Glaciers
1xVolrath's Stronghold 
23xOther Land, mostly basic

This deck attempts to abuse the interaction between Lifeline and Kagemaro, First to Suffer (or any creature with a sacrifice activated ability). The only problem I am having right now is how to fill my hand so that I am fairly likely to be able to wipe the board (-4 to -6 should do it). I haven't worked out the exact details, like should I use Spore Frog (infinite fog), Guardian Beast / Fountain Watch (to protect Lifeline?), should I cut the mana accelaration, add life gain, add dancing Gnomes combo? Too many choices, and not enough space in the deck. Even without the ability, the Chimeras can get pretty large.

Shirley you must be joking

Insert "Don't call me Shirley" joke here. ;)

CadaverousBl00m, you have Demonic Tutor in your Vamp list. 

Bah, correct you are. Swapping it to Diabolic Intent makes the world a better place.

Capitan_Estaban, it must be a typo.  I'll correct that lickety split.

Hmmm... you have an excellent point about Door of Destinies.  Do you think that it's powerful enough in this format to warrant being banned, or just restricted (but even then that runs into the problem of being an auto one-of in all decks and making games swingier when it appears).  Any opinions on the matter? 
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black

I think we should probably just ban all "choose a creature type" cards. They're inherently unbalanced when at least one out of three cards in every deck shares a creature type.

Also question: Does "tribe" require a creature subtype? Meaning, can we go with "Aura" as our tribe? Because I might want to piece together Wind Zendikon and Daybreak Coronet for sort of a DIY-Ikeaslayer angel.
Tribe requires a creature sub-type, meaning that auras, equipment, locus, shrine, arcane, etc... aren't valid to choose.
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black

Mono B Assassin list comming up tonight when i get home from work. Completely folds to othe B and/or Artifact decks, but works well in a creature heavy format.
Capitan_Estaban, it must be a typo.  I'll correct that lickety split.

Hmmm... you have an excellent point about Door of Destinies.  Do you think that it's powerful enough in this format to warrant being banned, or just restricted (but even then that runs into the problem of being an auto one-of in all decks and making games swingier when it appears).  Any opinions on the matter? 

I still think the card will most likely be an auto include in every deck. Unlike Coat of Arms which helps out whomever has the best board position, DoD only helps out you by pumping creatures you control. Since I would hate for everyone to have to include it as a singleton, and possibly devise ways to keep it in play (make in indestructible, bring it back from the grave, give it shroud), my personal opinion would be to just ban the card. This will make games less swingy as you said, and make judging not based upon how easy it is for someones deck to tutor up the DoD and protect it (not that that is a particularly bad thing, if your deck can tutor it up and protect it that would make it a much stronger deck in the format. I would just prefer not to have to consider that whilst judging the decks strength). Since Minus_Prime brought it up, here are the cards with "choose a creature type" and my thoughts on the ban worthiness of each.
Choose your own Adventure
Imagecrafter - (1x) Can be used as a singleton with Spirit Mirror+Thornbite Staff to destroy all creatures. A difficult combo to pull off since all cards must be singletons (Transmute/Tutors can help). Not ban worthy.
Coordinated Barrage - Just an Exile type card. Not ban worthy.
Pack's Disdain - Probably worse than Doom Blade or other removal, anti-token/over extending. Not ban worthy.
Bloodline Shaman - (1x) Elf/Wizard/Shaman are all banned Tribes. As a singleton and a 1/1 I can only see this card being a great CA engine in a mostly creature/flashback filled deck. Not ban worthy.
Unnatural Selection - Already banned. Presumably because of its one sided WoG effect with Endemic Plague in a duel. Currently banned.
Ashes of the Fallen - Since Zombies (Soulless One) and Knights (Haakon, Stromgald Scourge are banned tribes, this card is probably only useful with lots of tutors (to find Haakon) and Changelings (Shapeshifter Tribe). Not ban worthy.
Standardize - Only useful with Peer Pressure (banned) or maybe Jwari Shapeshifter in an Ally deck. Not ban worthy.
Engineered Plague - Already banned. Since it is strong in the format, and most likely an auto include. Currently banned.
Luminescent Rain - Worse than Congregate/Blunt the Assault. Not ban worthy.
Outbreak - Probably worse than Holy Light, definitely worse than Zealous Persecution/Festering March, and not a constant effect like Engineered Plague. Not ban worthy.
Roar of the Crowd - No worse than Mob Justice even though you can't hit creatures, and Dogpile even though you have to attack. Not ban worthy.
Distant Melody - Blue has lots of great card draw, Rush of Knowledge, Tidings, Concentrate, etc. I don't see people playing this card over other options. Not ban worthy.
Peer Pressure - Already banned. Strong for the format with tokens + Standardize. Currently banned.
Circle of Solace - Already banned. Strong for the format since it stops most likely 1/3 of a persons cards. Currently banned.
Elvish Soultiller - Elves are already banned, so it could only go in a Mutant Tribal deck (There's an idea, maybe I will call the deck The X-Men). Barishi(1x) / Rooting Kavu(4x) have nearly the same effect. Not ban worthy.
Riptide Shapeshifter - A Polymorph type effect at twice the cost. I personally don't want this one banned, because I have an upcoming Shapeshifter deck in the works that is going to abuse him. The deck was originally intended for Beastmaster format, but I ran out of time trying to perfect it. I think the effect is strong (but not broken) and it is restricted to a single tribe. Not ban worthy.
Mistform Wakecaster - This card seems better to me in a deck where your creatures are unlikely to be the same type (not 1/3 of a deck), and you want them to be for some reason (Sea Gate Loremaster, but then why aren't you playing 20 Allies?). Not ban worthy.
Belbe's Portal - A possible consideration as a four of in a Dragon deck. With the card being restricted to a singleton, a dragon deck will have to focus on mana ramp, or split its cards between Dragon Arch (with Invasion/Planar Chaos Dragons), Cryptic Gateway, Urza's Filter (with Invasion/Planar Chaos Dragons). I am surprised no one has submitted a Dragon Tribal deck. Perhaps dragons are too iconic. Not ban worthy.
Mistform Mutant - Might be (marginally) useful with Coastal Drake (can't remember an cards that destroy specific creature types). Not ban worthy.
Tsabo's Decree - Already banned because it is a Mind Twist one sided WoG in a duel. Too strong for the format. Currently banned.
I don't think any card besides Door of Destinies needs to be banned. I would prefer Door of Destinies to be banned, because it is too strong for the format just like Engineered Plague (which is worse in MP than in a duel). Door of Destinies is stronger than many of the other cards on the Tribal banned card in MP, so it to should be banned to increase creative submissions.

@Capitan: Your comment on Mistform Mutant got me thinking. And then I realised that with enough mana, you could cast a one-sided Wrath using Tivadar's Crusade. Now I want to build that deck. And it's all your fault.

@Capitan: Your comment on Mistform Mutant got me thinking. And then I realised that with enough mana, you could cast a one-sided Wrath using Tivadar's Crusade. Now I want to build that deck. And it's all your fault.

I already listed the Spirit Mirror combo with Imagecrafter so I felt there wasn't any point in mentioning it again. You could use Spirit Mirror + Tivadar's Crusade to have at least 2 cards that can wipe your opponents creatures.

I already listed the Spirit Mirror combo with Imagecrafter so I felt there wasn't any point in mentioning it again. You could use Spirit Mirror + Tivadar's Crusade to have at least 2 cards that can wipe your opponents creatures.

And Rashida Scalebane makes three!

Capitan: Gauntlet of Power is 5 man by itsself. By that time I can cast a lot of my angels already. Extraplanar Lens costs a land drop making it not so good in my book. In the original build of my mono white angel decks I used cards from the banned or restricted list (Sol Ring and friends) and currently I use Weathered Wayfarer and Cloudpost.

Voice of All is a great card. Yes, it only has a single protection but if a person is herassing you, drop it on his color and enjoy your blocker / unblockable attacker. I love it and it has worked out for me ever since I play them.

Dr00ds, All your base are belong to us

The goal is simple: get a lot of mana + a lot of cards and then steal lands and hit with huge critters to win the game. This is my official submission.

Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black

Okay, let's try this again.  I don't know exactly how this is going to stack up against my previous Spellshaper deck, but it might be an interesting side-by-side comparison.  This definitely has a lot more graveyard tricks to choose from (most notably, some unearth fun).

Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black

I've updated the original post to list both Balance and Door of Destinies as being banned.  I'm working on adding the official submissions to the original post as well, so those should be up shortly.

EDIT: I've updated the official submissions as best I could.

Capitan_Estaban, which deck is your official submission?  Is it the Chimera deck?

Helphelpe, CadaverousBl00m and Minus_Prime, I have your official submissions as Druids, Incarnations and Golems respectively, are these correct?

Minus_Prime, I missed this question earlier (and I apologize for that), but Un-Cards are not allowed for this competition.  They're not universally interpreted  by all players and they're not allowed in Legacy decks.  If you swap that card out for something else in your most recent deck, I can add that as your official submission.

I'm not sure which submission of mine will be my official one yet (and I still want to try out Boros and Azorius spellshapers still).  At the very least I know that my tribe of choice will be spellshapers.  I'll make sure that that's cemented by Sunday.

McManic, the more the merrier!  Just remember that the deadline for deck submissions is tomorrow (Sunday) by 11:59 PM Central Standard Time. 
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black

Actually.. I think I'll go with the Myr this time. They look like they have more ways to win than dropping a couple mythic colossi.

Minor changes: Trade out the illegal burn for Pyromatics, which is actually better once you go infinite red mana because there's only one spell that can counter all the copies, and four lands for Darksteel Citadel. Finally, a chance to use the citadel that doesn't have the potential to screw over my mana base. and darn, the citadel is restricted to 1. Let's keep the land how it is.
Dr00ds is the correct official submission for me Cahtaldus.
Capitan_Estaban, which deck is your official submission?  Is it the Chimera deck?

Lets make it the Shapeshifter deck...
There Can Be Only One
4xRenegade Doppelganger
4xCrytoplasm
4xVolrath's Shapeshifter
4xRiptide Shapeshifter
4xClone Shell

1xReya Dawnbringer - Angel
1xChild of Alara - Avatar
1xRealm Razer - Beast
1xSilent Arbiter - Construct
1xGilded Drake - Drake
1xPrince of Thralls - Demon
1xDjinn of Wishes - Djinn
1xUlamog, the Infinite Gyre - Eldrazi
1xNullstone Gargoyle - Gargoyle
1xBlightsteel Colossus - Golem
1xMindwrack Liege - Horror
1xIxidron - Illusion
1xDeep-Sea Kraken - Kraken
1xKederekt Leviathan - Leviathan
1xConsecrated Sphinx - Sphinx
1xMassacre Wurm - Wurm

17xIsland
1xTolaria West
1xHall of the Bandit Lord
1xMiren, the Moaning Well
1xMinamo, School at Water's Edge
1xRemote Isle
1xLonely Sandbar
1xSafe Haven
This deck was initially designed for the Beastmaster format. With a couple of modifications, I have made the deck fit better in Bl00m Tribal Contest. The shapeshifters that were chosen were selected because of how well they interact with each other (and the other cards in the deck). The key card in the deck is Riptide Shapeshifter. For 9 mana (spread over two turns) it can become any (non-Shapeshifter) in the library. Volrath's Shapeshifter is also nice as a way of discarding cards that the deck can't cast. It is amazing with Clone Shell as the top card of the graveyard (reducing the casting cost by 2), and allowing you to either let someone kill Volrath's Shapeshifter for the exiled card, or spend 2 to turn it into something else. You might note the lack of Clone/Vesuvan Shapeshifter and other variants that are 0/0 creatures. They were excluded because of they make Volrath's Shapeshifter a dead card. The new Crytoplasm is a great alternative. Renegade Doppelganger plays well with Clone Shell/Riptide Shapeshifter/Volrath's Shapeshifter and allows the decks overall CMC to be lowered quite a bit.
The other creatures were the best cards I could think of to change Riptide Shapeshifter into. I might play around with the tutor targets a bit (not sure if Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund+Standardize is worth it.), but the deck core will likely stay the same. The only possible changes to the core would be for Cemetery Puca / Shapesharer, Dimir Doppelganger, or possibly risk dead cards for 0/0 clone variants.

Yes, Incarnations for me, Cathaldus.
I suspect the Vampires would probably bring it home in this format, but it's not like I had to think too hard to create it. It was more like "Hey, Anowon's awesome in this format. Guess I need about 20 other Vampires to go next to him.... there. Done."

Okay, I've decided that my official submission will be Rakdos Spellshapers.  Compared to the Orzhov version, this one is just far more synergistic and has a little bit more "umph!" to it.  I'm still going to tinker with Dimir, Izzet, Boros and Azorius, but not for the time left on the clock for this contest.

I'll do the final update for the decks shortly (after the contest officially ends). 
Who Am I?
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black