Fortune Cards & LFR

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just want a claification.

I know a lot of folks got used to using the printed old Player Reward cards and if they didn't want to pull out Daring Exploit, they might just used Furious Evocation in its place.  Most DMs in my area didn't really quibble about about it seeing as that anyone had access to every card. So in effect they would proxie a card.

Now with Fortune Cards LFR Legal, I want to make sure that proxy is not legal. That you have to have the physical card in your "Deck" and can't proxy the card.

I mean I don't want to see someone build a 20 card deck with photocopies of 10 of the cards in card sleaves.  Its seems very obvious to me that you have to have the cards in order to use them, but well some folks like to "game" the system after all.

I know a lot of folks got used to using the printed old Player Reward cards and if they didn't want to pull out Daring Exploit, they might just used Furious Evocation in its place.  Most DMs in my area didn't really quibble about about it seeing as that anyone had access to every card. So in effect they would proxie a card.

Now with Fortune Cards LFR Legal, I want to make sure that proxy is not legal. That you have to have the physical card in your "Deck" and can't proxy the card.

I mean I don't want to see someone build a 20 card deck with photocopies of 10 of the cards in card sleaves.  Its seems very obvious to me that you have to have the cards in order to use them, but well some folks like to "game" the system after all.

I like the idea of fortune cards. personaly  i as a player  need read every card/. i agree on no proxy  cards. But if i running i have a general deck  every player  can draw one card that way there no proxy and is verified  completely
Makes sense to me. Why base the deck on how much players are willing to spend?
Are we trying to create another have vs. have-not environment? Use any/all cards.

Is it legal to convert the Fortune Card deck to a table with a percentile dice roll?
Then you do not have to clutter the table with cards. Just rely upon your table.

Makes sense to me. Why base the deck on how much players are willing to spend?
Are we trying to create another have vs. have-not environment? Use any/all cards.

Is it legal to convert the Fortune Card deck to a table with a percentile dice roll?
Then you do not have to clutter the table with cards. Just rely upon your table.

Players will be able to tune their fortune card decks to their characters needs and abilities, but there is still an element of randomness to it.  The player can only play the fortune card in their hand and once it's discarded it's gone for  the rest of the encounter.   While the card the player needs may be in their deck if it's not in their hand at the moment it's needed it's useless.    The fortune cards don't work like the campaign cards did where you could  pick the time and place to play any of your cards i.e. I got hit for ongoing damage I will play my instictive reaction card or I just got dazed I will play snap out of it.

[VCL Hat]

There's already an extensive discussion of Fortune Cards in LFR over on the official LFR forum (a discussion in which the campaign staff is involved); may I suggest that this conversation get moved over there?
community.wizards.com/lfr/go/thread/view...

[/VCL Hat]
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"
[VCL Hat]

There's already an extensive discussion of Fortune Cards in LFR over on the official LFR forum (a discussion in which the campaign staff is involved); may I suggest that this conversation get moved over there?
community.wizards.com/lfr/go/thread/view...

[/VCL Hat]

Thanks for the pointer! Has there been any progress on locking these forums
such that we all would be forced to move over to the new official LFR forums,
or should we continue to use both forums as we have been doing for a while?

[
Thanks for the pointer! Has there been any progress on locking these forums
such that we all would be forced to move over to the new official LFR forums,
or should we continue to use both forums as we have been doing for a while?

I encourage everyone to move these discussions over to the official LFR Community board, as (a) there is *far*more traffic/discussion over there, and (b) the LFR campaign staff are all far more involved on that board, as they are the actual moderators on that board.

As I pointed out in the discussion over on the other board, there *is* fairly little traffic over here anyway.  I will look into whether having these forums locked is even a possibility.

As a reminder for those who've come in late, the official LFR Community board is at:
community.wizards.com/lfr/go/forum/viewb...
"Of course [Richard] has a knife. He always has a knife. We all have knives. It's 1183, and we're barbarians!" - Eleanor of Aquitaine, "The Lion in Winter"