dm rewards kit

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Way cool stuff in kit.  I love the calendar.  The fortune cards are great and cool to get an exclusive card.  I like the tokens.  Hope more dm rewards are like this

Thanks for the cool stuff 
Agreed, I really like the calendar, wish it would have come a little earlier, but it is awesome.

Joe
Huh? Is this the yearly RPGA rewards kit or something?
No one wins in the Edition Wars. The whole hobby loses. Wizards did not lose me as a DDI subscriber with the Online CB, they lost me long before that. And I have let my Herald Level GM Status lapse after 8 years. Wizards lack of support and the Edition Wars Trolls that are poorly moderated just managed to take all the fun out of public events. ~~ KT
No, they announced that they were doing a reward for the encounters DMs, give me a couple of minutes and I'll get a link to the announcement for you.

Joe

Edit:  Here's the link at the very bottom of the article.
Ah, good. Then the kid I got to replace me at the Hall will get something for his work. That's good. I was afraid the swag era might be over.
No one wins in the Edition Wars. The whole hobby loses. Wizards did not lose me as a DDI subscriber with the Online CB, they lost me long before that. And I have let my Herald Level GM Status lapse after 8 years. Wizards lack of support and the Edition Wars Trolls that are poorly moderated just managed to take all the fun out of public events. ~~ KT
Good for you....
I´m just really upset because I´m a loyal DM Organizer for more then a year , I host public events on a store weekly , i´ve done Game Days in the path , but now , with this new rules regarding rewards , my work has been rewarded with NOTHING. Since there is a problem with my DCI number , which i´m waiting to get fix for more then month , I can´t register encounters , so , NO REWARDS , and since we are 2 organizers registered at the store , and he got to register the Encounters first ( and don´t get me wrong , he also deserves the rewards for his good work) , so , NO REWARDS.
THanx WOTC......you really know how to appreciate the work we loyal fans do for you!!!!
Good for you....
I´m just really upset because I´m a loyal DM Organizer for more then a year , I host public events on a store weekly , i´ve done Game Days in the path , but now , with this new rules regarding rewards , my work has been rewarded with NOTHING. Since there is a problem with my DCI number , which i´m waiting to get fix for more then month , I can´t register encounters , so , NO REWARDS , and since we are 2 organizers registered at the store , and he got to register the Encounters first ( and don´t get me wrong , he also deserves the rewards for his good work) , so , NO REWARDS.
THanx WOTC......you really know how to appreciate the work we loyal fans do for you!!!!

The reward isn't specifically for the organizer but for the DMs of the events.  It just happens that at the store I DM the owner is the organizer and a DM, he had kits for all of his DMs.

Joe
Good for you....

Now, here's my question:

Did you take this up (politely) with Wizards first, before coming here and posting this vitriol filled rant?

If so, and Wizards was not even willing to look into your situation, then your anger may be justified.

If not, then I hope you get what you deserve, in this life or the next (and it isn't a bag of free swag for doing something that you were perfectly willing to do for free before the bag o swag was announced).

" vitriol filled rant"!!??

Okkkkkk....

I was just stating the obvious, but nevermind.

And if you read my post , I said I contacted them , and didn´t get no answer ( thou still waiting ).

And of course I´ll keep playing the game and DMing..... i just would like to see some appreciation from WOTC to all of us players that help the game.

Don't feel bad wulfgar, I DM groups at my FLGS monthly, and have hosted events as well.  My FLGS is not open Wednesday nights, so I don't even have an option to run D&D E.

"The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray"

If you read the WotC DM Rewards announcement carefully, it's just the Top 900 DMs who ran the  most events.  Since every week of encounters is an event, like a Game Day or a Public Play LFR, only the DMs who pretty much ran all three seasons of Encounters last year are going to be seeing these kits.  All other DMs- sorry, you're just not quite committed/important enough to the hobby.  (Sorry if that came out bitter- I was only organizer for the first season of Encounters at our FLGS (six tables), and only DMed about 20 public events, mostly not Encounters.) 

The kits sound cool, especially the calendar- a lot better than the Castle Ravenloft card I got last year.  I really enjoyed many of the earlier rewards: Village of Hommlet, Tomb of Horrors, condition cards, even that little Dark Sun card box (somehow I missed out on those cool ship tiles, which are too useful for words.)  Unfortunately, my store owner didn't mention any magical DM Rewards packages to me yesterday, just WotC's delayed release of Fortune Cards (2/16) until AFTER Season 4 starts (2/9)...

-Alveric "And the sword that had visited Earth from so far away smote like the falling of thunderbolts; and green sparks rose from the armour, and crimson as sword met sword; and thick elvish blood moved slowly, from wide slits, down the cuirass; and Lirazel gazed in awe and wonder and love; and the combatants edged away fighting into the forest; and branches fell on them hacked off by their fight; and the runes in Alveric's far-travelled sword exulted, and roared at the elf-knight; until in the dark of the wood, amongst branches severed from disenchanted trees, with a blow like that of a thunderbolt riving an oak tree, Alveric slew him."
Strange, I dm'd one game day and season 3 of encounters and received a kit.  I saw 2 announcements for the kit, the one that was blogged from ddxp that said 900 but I don't recall that limit being mentioned on the announcement here.  I'll have to go check again now.

Joe From the announcement :

Thank You DMs!

Did you go the distance last year with a D&D Encounters season at your local store? Were you a DMing all-star week in and week out? We’re thanking you, our most dedicated D&D Encounters DMs, with a care package of goodies sent to your store, directly to your attention! These thank-you packages include a special "DM Thank You" Token Set designed by Gale Force Nine, a copy of the D&D novel Mark of Nerath, a special D&D Fortune Card, and a really kick-ass 2011 D&D Calendar! Packages should be arriving at your D&D Encounters stores in early February.

Next month, stay tuned for a D&D Experience wrap-up report and information on PAX East in Boston. Good gaming!

Can anyone list their kit?  I'm not sure I got all the stuff...

Calender x1
Promo Fortune Card 5
2 packs of Fortune Cards
GF9 Token set
That's all there was, unless you count the "thank you" letter and "you can order more of these from us" page.
Can anyone list their kit?  I'm not sure I got all the stuff...

Calender x1
Promo Fortune Card 5
2 packs of Fortune Cards
GF9 Token set

Yeah I'm thinking the announcement at ddxp may have been that the top 900 were getting kits, maybe those were the ones with the novel?  Not really sure but no novel in any of the kits that were at the store where I DM.

Joe
Yea, there was no novel.  I didn't even get handed a packet, it was all lose items.  I know the store owner had a lot of promo cards (sealed in clear plastic) on his front desk, no clue if those were DM rewards or not.
This is a tangent but... where does one find a "lightning wand" from that random loot table? It's not in the Compendium or the old CB.
Fire Blog Control, Change, and Chaos: The Elemental Power Source Elemental Heroes Example Classes Xaosmith Exulter Chaos Bringer Director Elemental Heroes: Looking Back - Class and Story Elemental Heroes: Complete Class Beta - The Xaosmith (January 16, 2012) Elemental Heroes: Complete Class Beta - The Harbinger (May 16, 2012) Check out my Elemental Heroes blog series and help me develop four unique elemental classes.