Legion of Gold - anyone got it yet?

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
A couple more questions to add to the pile:

• Any new equipment/random junk tables?

• Any vehicle rules?

• Are there "official" rules for randomly generating from 48 origins, and do they address the impact having 48 origins has on generating the engineered human origin?

Thanks for postng man!

1) No new random junk, but there's a table for Moon Zone 9 Gear.

2) No vehicle rules that I can see, even though the new gear chart includes moon buggies.

3) Yes and no. They have rules for using all three sourcebooks, or for using LoG and one other sourcebook. For the former, you roll 1d12 (1-5 GW, 6-10 FiFG, 11-12 LoG), then roll on the appropriate table. If using only two books, roll 1d8 (1-5 other book, 6-7 LoG, 8 roll again).

They don't address the Engineered Human question except to reiterate that if you roll the same origin twice, the second origin is EH. I'm considering instituting a house rule in which you roll 1d20 prior to rolling a secondary origin (1-19 roll random origin as above, 20 Engineered Human).

I've added the "mutant rat" set to the card listing thread here:

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Caoimhe Ora Snow

Game Designer, The Queen's Cavaliers

5e D&D Stuff: Birthright Conversion

My shop is a Premiere store as well, called them. They said nothing yetFrown
I am hoping by next Friday though.....

I went into my premier store today as well. They didn't get it with their shipment either.

Picked it up yesterday at my game store... now we just have to hope for a remake of the DM screen/Albequerque Starport... hope I spelled that right. Oh, and its pretty awesome...

Why did the hoop cross the road?
I got mine yesterday. I'm a fan of gamma world so I'm going to like it no matter what.

Glad to see high end monster levels padded out- there is even some level 13 critters.

Noticed some reprints in the monster tokens- a few from the starter box and even some from the Famine (I'm looking at you- Haunts). They have a bloodied side so I guess they can replace some of the double sided monsters from the starter.

Coolest token is the Slavering Maw. Was expecting a crossover from d&d- a displaced beast or some such. Wasn't any though.

I think this spells the end of the gamma world release. Considering it's only heroic in level that is cool.

I am hoping for a new game setting like gamma world to come out later this year. Darn good product.

Picked it up yesterday at my game store... now we just have to hope for a remake of the DM screen/Albequerque Starport... hope I spelled that right. Oh, and its pretty awesome...

I adapted the Albuquerque Starport adventure to 4E Gamma. PM me if you want a copy.

I got Legions of Gold just now. It looks cool. I am disappointed slightly that the guy on the cover isn't a token, though.

More as I read.

I adapted the Albuquerque Starport adventure to 4E Gamma. PM me if you want a copy.

I got Legions of Gold just now. It looks cool. I am disappointed slightly that the guy on the cover isn't a token, though.

More as I read.

Why not just put a link up. Easier than PM and such.
I don't have it posted anywhere to link to. I'll put up on Google Docs I guess.

I broke it into two parts, the station and the starport. There are no maps. I have Map Tool maps, but they do not convert well to anything other than Map Tool.

I made some basic, printable maps for both parts on Ye Olde Map Maker. 

Go there, and search by user name CoreyHaim8myDog. Nevermind, that site doesn't allow you to search by author. you can sort individual categories by author, but the author's name isn't listed. Nice.

Anyway, if you want a map Tool file, I have those. They are big. The whole Starport and the whole Station are mapped. I printed out the Starport, but it looses much resolution. It also took about nine sheets of A4.

Linkage:

ABQ Starport

Epsilon Station 

I made a thread with other stuff. Thread With Other Stuff 
I don't have it posted anywhere to link to. I'll put up on Google Docs I guess.

I broke it into two parts, the station and the starport. There are no maps. I have Map Tool maps, but they do not convert well to anything other than Map Tool.

I made some basic, printable maps for both parts on Ye Olde Map Maker. 

Go there, and search by user name CoreyHaim8myDog. Nevermind, that site doesn't allow you to search by author. you can sort individual categories by author, but the author's name isn't listed. Nice.

Anyway, if you want a map Tool file, I have those. They are big. The whole Starport and the whole Station are mapped. I printed out the Starport, but it looses much resolution. It also took about nine sheets of A4.

Linkage:

ABQ Starport

Epsilon Station 

I made a thread with other stuff. Thread With Other Stuff 

Thanks for the link... way cool. The only complaint Ive got about LoG so far is that they didnt redo the original module cover like they did in FiF.
Why did the hoop cross the road?
You're right, that would have been cool. I really like Moon Zone 9 so far, though there is some discrepancy on the length of a Lunar day. One section says 28.5 Earth days, the other cites the Moon "day" as 14 hours.

Wiki Answers says: The length of day on moon is (27.32 EARTH DAYS)
27.32 days is the length of a sidereal day. 
The length of a lunar solar day (the time it takes the sun to appear in the same spot overhead) is 29.5 days. This is because as the moon turns, it also travels along its orbit about the sun.

Read more: wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_length_of...

Of course The Big Mistake has impacted the moon too, accelerating its spin around the own axis a bit.

I'm hoping to pick up Legion of Gold this week - I will be starting a mini-campaign this wednesday, so I'd like to be able to use all 49 origins for my players.