1/27/2011 TD: "News Flash (and We Do Mean "Flash")"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Does the information that Extended is now recycled standard qualify as a "news flash"?

Everyone's been saying that Faeries would rule the Neu Extended format since the change was announced.
Does the information that Extended is now recycled standard qualify as a "news flash"?

Everyone's been saying that Faeries would rule the Neu Extended format since the change was announced.

This.

News Flash Mike: Standard 2.0 surprised no-one.

Apart from that niggle, I do appreciate the comprehensive round-up that is Mike's stock-in-trade, even if I don't always agree on his commentary.

Yeah in Mike's quest to be "cute" he yet again forgets to be accurate. But after "lookie what I got" dominated an article I have significantly lowered expectations beyond what they already were.

And this is at least the second or third article that verifies that Extended became what so many of us expected it to become. I sure hope Nu-Extended does what they want it to do, anyway. This October we'll find out if it can actually generate real interest beyond the pro level that is forced to play it every so often, as the golden children of Zendikar will have the Standard rug pulled out from under them for the very first time. By then, Shards of Alara will be the lead set. Will it be time to get sick of Jund all over again?