Items from Cairn of the Winter King in Character Builder?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello Everybody,

I am going to run the Adventure Cairn of the Winter King from the Monster Vault soon and
was wondering if the magical items will appear in the Character Builder? (Ice Scepter and the Crown of Winter)

Thank you
Markus
Hello Everybody,

I am going to run the Adventure Cairn of the Winter King from the Monster Vault soon and
was wondering if the magical items will appear in the Character Builder? (Ice Scepter and the Crown of Winter)

Thank you
Markus

does anybody know if those items will be added?
Hello Everybody,

Thank you
Markus

does anybody know if those items will be added?

Last I checked there were all kinds of problems with items. It also depends on which type of character you were making. If it was a "new" character it built you an Essentials character, so if Its not in an Essentials book you don't have access to it.

Try using the "custom" character and use "generic" campain world see if it becomes available...
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.
They don't appear to be in the compendium. If they aren't there it's highly doubtful they will be in the CB. I'll check when I get a chance.
2 months later, any luck. I am not seeing these items in the builder
Given that generally things take about 2 months between release and implementation online, I have some hopes for this update.
Two more months later and I don't find them in the compendium. Anyone know if these will ever be added?
 One month later and they still aren't in there.

Feedback bug report submitted on the Compendium feedback. C'mon WotC, support your products.
Planes Wanderer
The other thing that's missing is the maps in the map gallery section. There's not many of them, but it sure would be nice to have them. "Cairn of the Winter King" maps please!
I'm in agreement.  You're making it hard for me DDI to keep the new players I'm bringing in in 6 game stores across 3 states.  C'mon, don't you want this game to grow?  More people = more sales.  To quote a now locked thread, "it's simple, WotC".

~Teo

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/8.jpg)

Well, this is disappointing.  Any suggestions what items I might substitute in that are "close enough" so I can pencil in the correct effects on my players' sheets?
Just ran this last night, kind of sad that this has been on the forums for almost a year no fix from wizard or even a reply on the thread. Of course reading through the other forums it doesn't look like they bother to pay attention to any problems brought up on the forums. Ignorance must be bliss. Kind of wish we would have ran through this before PAX then I could have asked them directly.
im also running cairn of the winterking. and ya, not beong able to assign the ice scepter to my druid when i pay 10$ a month for insider is BULLSH*T
Apropos of nothing regarding WotC, I scanned the module pages with the items and printed them to pdf.  Then I cropped the page such that only the item was visible, then printed that to a small 6x4 card which was eventually handed to the player.  It's a work around until the items are available in the builder - though I suspect the characters will eventually level up enough to ditch the items before that happens.
So it's 2013 and items from "Cairn" never made it to the Builder.

See, WotC, and you didn't understand why 4e didn't sell as well. It wasn't because of the game itself but because of mediocre management. If you had done your JOB in the first place, we woulnd't have all this Next crap around.
Even as someone who is a big advocate of 4E, I can say with certainty it was because of the game, but also because the brand was mismanaged.  The Cairn stuff not getting in there really is an oddity. Unfortunately, or fortunately, my players are well beyond the level where those items matter anymore.
How hard can it be to assign someone to managing the item DB?  charging monthly for D&DI means you do have cash coming in to ensure the product can be managed.  MMO's manage item DB's on a similar per player cash influx.

Things like this are important to the flow of the game and consistency.  Adding items in modules and not adding them to the item DB creates the impression of poor product management.  Games flow well when as much of the math can be made for the players in the most efficient way.

I suspect our subscription money is being used to fun the development of the upcoming 5e tools. Clearly very little is being done with 4e other than Dragon/Dungeon.