celestial steed power not here

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm a paladin who just reached level 6 and know that I'm supposed to get to choose the "Call Celestial Steed" power as a utility. But the character builder won't show the power on the list. I don't know if this is just a glitch on the builders behalf or if I don't meet some prerequisite I'm unaware of. Which is it?
I'm a paladin who just reached level 6 and know that I'm supposed to get to choose the "Call Celestial Steed" power as a utility. But the character builder won't show the power on the list. I don't know if this is just a glitch on the builders behalf or if I don't meet some prerequisite I'm unaware of. Which is it?

Are you a Cavalier or a Paladin?  If you are just a Paladin you don't have the Prerequisite to take the Call Celestial Steed power.
Yes.  You do.  Call Celestial Steed is a levelled Paladin Utility power.  Any O-Paladin can take it in their utility slots after level 4.  In the rules as written.  Confirmed by CS.  Its absence is a bug.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Okay, so is there, like, someone I can bring this up to? Though I'm sure that someone has already reported it.
Yes.  You do.  Call Celestial Steed is a levelled Paladin Utility power.  Any O-Paladin can take it in their utility slots after level 4.  In the rules as written.  Confirmed by CS.  Its absence is a bug.

I would not trust that Customer Service answer.  They are notoriously wrong.

Level 4 Alternative:Summoned Steed
Galloping through the planar mists to answer the cavalier’s call, the celestial steed takes on the appearance and solidity of a living, breathing beast for as long as the cavalier requires its service. When dismissed, it canters off into cloud and mist, returning to the celestial domains from whence it came. If slain, the steed can be summoned again at full strength the next day.
Benefit: Instead of your Pace of the Virtuous Charger class feature, you gain the call celestial steed power.

Dagnabit, I don't have a copy of the book handy that talks about where you can get powers from (I've been waiting for a copy of the RC to get to my LGS).  But I'm relatively sure that you can select any levelled power of your class (which Call Celestial Steed is, no matter how it's normally granted) at any level of its level or later.

Litigation could probably confirm, being the guidebook writer and what-have-you.

I'm pretty sure the designers wrote the power the way they did because they wanted the O-Paladin to be able to poach it as well.  Otherwise, like Pace of the Virtuous Charger, it wouldn't be a levelled power.

Though, curiously, it's NOT levelled in the Compendium (and presumably the OCB), so maybe that has changes since the compiled release of D393.

Stealth Errata for the lose if that is the case.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Here I am to confirm that it is a bug and that, yes, O-Paladins should be able to take it at Lv. 6. If the power has a level, the parent class is allowed to take it, RAW. The fact that a Cavalier class feature grants that power to the Cavalier above and beyond the standard 4e power progression is irrelevant to this point. Moreover, having that feature is NOT a Prerequisite for the power because it is not defined as the specific game term of Prerequisite.

The Compendium has also gotten a lot of things wrong, lately, so it's hardly trustworthy.
Still not there?  Still no bug listed?
Just dropping in to see if this was ever resolved?