If you could have ONE last WotC SAGA product...

Shipyards of the Galaxy, a book dedicated to giving us a good starship (or vehicles in general) construction system, a large codex of new starships and spacestations, and some information on the various starship builders around the galaxy.
"And the TL;DR award goes to Raul Torin!" - CorranHornIsAwesome Official SAGA Edition Errata Dawn of Defiance Other Articles Thanks to GreySword for compiling these

An updated Ultimate Alien Anthology with stats for all the species that never got any official SWSE stats plus loads more RECG-style species feats (mostly for the non-core species, but the core species could get more too as needs be ... like the Kel Dor could do with a vacuum resistance feat thanks to the Clone Wars series showing Plo Koon surviving in a vacuum without a space suit).

Runner up would be a Rise of the Empire era sourcebook covering the 1,000 year 'Golden Age of the Republic' period prior to the Clone Wars (so it would start with the Ruusan Reformations and Darth Bane's "rule of two" stuff and end with Episodes I & II). People have said that that era is boring because not a lot happens, but this sourcebook would've been the perfect opportunity to make it more interesting.

"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind."

~ David G. Allen

I kind of wanted either a fully updated New Jedi Order Campaign Guide or a New Republic Campaign Guide.  Steering away from those, an update Worlds book would have been great.
Count me in for a New Jedi Order / New Republic Era sourcebook.  I hadn't thought of a Planet Compendium but, now that Hayabusa mentions it, that would be a nice resource and far more handy than sifting through a dozen or so different books to get a truly complete picture of a given location.
"So understand / Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years / Face up ... make your stand / And realize you're living in the golden years" -- from "Wasted Years" by Iron Maiden www.Lakeland-RPG.com www.HMGS-South.com

One book explaining all the mistakes and how to fix them.

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

A star wars map of locations book.

This isn't a Saga supplement, but I found The Essential Atlas works well for keeping your bearings in the Star Wars universe. It also provides information about various worlds, such as languages, species, length of day, terrain types, major imports/exports, etc. You might want to check it out if you haven't already.

To go with the things we have I'd like a New Jedi Order Campaign Guide.  The NJO go all those novels dedicated to it and it seems like every other setting has a campaign guide so why not that one.  The RECG really covers a lot of the early EU that was based on the original trilogy and early New Republic but the Vong Wars changed things up a lot.

Now related to what Raul said earlier a Scavenger's Guide to Vehicles and Starships would have been great.  The SGtD finally gave us a pricing system to use with droids and vehicles could really use that as well.
A "Monster Manual." All in one place, updated, with the critters that we have and the ones that never made the cut. No aliens, just beasties.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
Hi, gang.  I've missed you all.

I'd have to go with an updated Alien Anthology too, with a whole chapter dedicated to new species Feats, another chapter dedicated to how to build your own species (sorta like the near-human rules in UR, only more expansive, like in the d20 Bulldogs! sci-fi game from Galileo Games), and a codex of beasts.

What did I miss?* 

----------
*That's off-topic, so if you're truly inclined to answer that question, please message me privately.  I know the Saga line ended and some other gaming company's going to be getting the rights to the RPG.  Anything else interesting?
FAN-MADE SAGA ED. ADVENTURES Scores of free, fan-made Star Wars adventures for Saga Ed. ●DATHOMIR FIELD GUIDE A Saga Ed. sourcebook for adventures set on Dathomir ●LIVE ACTION FILM CHARACTERS SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for hundreds of characters from the live action films ●"ALL-PURPOSE" SAGA EDITION SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for NPCs, droids, ships/vehicles, weapons/gear, etc. ●SAGA EDITION SPECIES SOURCEBOOK Official & fan-made Saga stats for your favorite species ●THE CENTRALITY: A SAGA EDITION GUIDE AND GAZETTEER As featured in The Lando Calrissian Adventures ●THE CORPORATE SECTOR SOURCEBOOK As featured in Brian Daley's Han Solo novels and original edition of the Star Wars RPG ●SAGA EDITION CRIB SHEETS Various fan-made Saga Ed. Crib Sheets for players & GMs
Hi, gang.  I've missed you all.

I'd have to go with an updated Alien Anthology too, with a whole chapter dedicated to new species Feats, another chapter dedicated to how to build your own species (sorta like the near-human rules in UR, only more expansive, like in the d20 Bulldogs! sci-fi game from Galileo Games), and a codex of beasts.

What did I miss?* 

----------
*That's off-topic, so if you're truly inclined to answer that question, please message me privately.  I know the Saga line ended and some other gaming company's going to be getting the rights to the RPG.  Anything else interesting?

Also for the Alien Anthology, or an Arms and Equipment Guide. Something so that players don't have to search through 12 different books to create a new character and equip it.

BTW, is there anywhere that has the stats for someone to play Yoda's race?

Halber

Rob!! Welcome back!

@Halber: saga-edition.com has a guess as to Yoda's species' stats, but that's all they are - a guess. GL is keeping the little green guys under wraps.
"Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind."

~ David G. Allen

Something akin to an ultimate gear guide that gives new gear, how to upgrade gear, and even craft gear. Its one thing I liked in the RCR is the ability to craft.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Something akin to an ultimate gear guide that gives new gear, how to upgrade gear, and even craft gear. Its one thing I liked in the RCR is the ability to craft.

Upgrading gear can be found in Scum & Villainy. Rules on crafting gear can be found in the Force Unleashed, under the "Build Object" application of the Mechanics skill.

It's not that difficult to port stuff over to Saga from RCR.

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Hi, gang.  I've missed you all....What did I miss?

You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here...

Missed you too RobShanti. Back for good?

Welcome back RobShanti!!!

As for the topic thread, I don't think it'll come as a surprise that I'd have liked an New Jedi Order Campaign Guide... ;)
Some sort of planets rulebook, with starcharts, distances, species, beasts, Force traditions, climate, etc.
Yes, I know I misspelled "Jensaarai".
Show
You are Red/Blue!
I am Red/Blue
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and emotional. I value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, I'm innovative and intuitive. At worst, I'm scattered and unpredictable.
I liked RCR's Galactic Campaigns where they discussed common set pieces and how different items in the pieces can affect encounters. I'd like a more expanded guide discussing this and provide detailed maps of everything from hangars to command bridges to apartments to Coruscani nightclubs to Jedi temples.
Garrett
The Star Wars Saga Dawn of Defiance Podcast THREAT DETECTED is here! threat-detected.com IMAGE(http://www.obsidianportal.com/images/banners/op_banner1_468x60.png)
I would have liked the 'All Things non-F'ing-Jedi Guide'. Jedi got their own book. Fully half of the PRCs in the core rules are for force-users. In every suppliment, Force-users get some other absurdly overpowered ability. In fact, I think you could literally build the X-Men with Jedi abilities at this point.

How about one book that didn't devote a single WORD to them.

You know, maybe instead extend the somewhat enemic Bounty-Hunter PRC, add some GOOD PRCs (Charlatan? Are you serous?). Include cortosis bullets. Add a good deal of the stuff not yet included from the RCR 'Arms and Equipment Guide'.

Throw some bones to all those pathetic unimportant non-force-weilding peons that make up... 99.999% of the galaxy's population.
Winner of "You Make The... Contest #1: Starfighters"
I liked RCR's Galactic Campaigns where they discussed common set pieces and how different items in the pieces can affect encounters. I'd like a more expanded guide discussing this and provide detailed maps of everything from hangars to command bridges to apartments to Coruscani nightclubs to Jedi temples.
Garrett

So basically a GM's book. I'm down with that.

You mean like Scum & VillainyScavenger's Guide to Droids and Galaxy of Intrigue?

Considering, though, that the Star Wars franchise is built around the Jedi and their ability to manipulate the Force, it's not surprising that so much game content has been devoted to them as well.

Throw some bones to all those pathetic unimportant non-force-weilding peons that make up... 99.999% of the galaxy's population.

You mean like most of what's in Starships of the GalaxyScum & Villainy, Scavenger's Guide to Droids, Galaxy at War, Galaxy of Intrigue, and The Unknown Regions?

~ David G. Allen

For the galactic guide, others SW book and the wookipedia can do that job, so no.

An alien anthology would be nice, but I don't have the feeling that it is really need.

What I would really like for a last SW SAGA book would be a kind of Hero's guide like we had in RCR. Particularly to help non-force users. I would see the content of that book:

- New species. We can always do more with new species in SW and that would help to get the fix for those who want an alien anthology.

- Expand race feat for non-core book races. The  concept had potential, let's carry it a little farther.

- Expand the background mechanic. I had the feeling that some more could be done

- More talents and feats for base class. While I must admit here that we already have a good diversity. Perhaps with a focus on the scout, I always find the scout more bland than the other classes.

- Perhaps some ruling/idea for people who are light force users. Those that can use the force a little but can never be expected to become full Jedi or Sith. What is their place in the galactic society?

- More PrC. Here there is a distinct lack of non-force users PrC. Many of my PC aren't aiming at a PrC because it just don't fit them. Perhaps some kind of advance base class PrC for those that want a degree of specialization without being shoehorn in a PrC. I still have trouble to think which PrC Padme would have taken. And there is a distinct fall in firepower if you don't take a PrC.

- Perhaps some more equipment. I'm particularly thinking about implant and cybernetic that could have come expansion to their rules. For guns and armor, we are little bloat though.

- Some Starhips with deckplans that PCs could use. Some explanations as to how to implement starship travel. How do you lay a trap in space? How do hyperspace lane work? How do I track a target in hyperspace?

- If there is room left, more opponents. The Clone War serie in Particular is giving us more and more vilains right now.

- Expand the background mechanic. I had the feeling that some more could be done

I started a thread in the Praxeum a while back for people to post their homebrewed backgrounds, but I didn't get much interest. If people want more backgrounds, they certainly don't want to have to make them themselves.

- More PrC. Here there is a distinct lack of non-force users PrC.

The vast majority of the PrCs in the game are for non-Force users. The only thing Force users get over non-Force users is the second tier master PrCs.

~ David G. Allen

I would have liked the 'All Things non-F'ing-Jedi Guide'. Jedi got their own book. Fully half of the PRCs in the core rules are for force-users. In every suppliment, Force-users get some other absurdly overpowered ability. In fact, I think you could literally build the X-Men with Jedi abilities at this point.

There is barely anything Jedi related in The Unknown Regions, Scum & Villainy, Galaxy at War, Galaxy of Intrigue, Starships of the Galaxy, and I assume Scavenger's Guide to Droids as well, I don't own this book so I'm not completely sure.

You really need more prestige classes? there is already 25 non-Force based prestige classes.

Could you list some of these "absurdly overpowered abilities" for Force users?

I started a thread in the Praxeum a while back for people to post their homebrewed backgrounds, but I didn't get much interest. If people want more backgrounds, they certainly don't want to have to make them themselves.

Sad true, send me the link i'll see what I can do, but right now Im pretty busy and most of my free time is used for my SAGA game.

The vast majority of the PrCs in the game are for non-Force users. The only thing Force users get over non-Force users is the second tier master PrCs.

I count them all after your post:

-2 droid

-1 for Yuuzhan Vong (shaper)

-22 Non-Force, non-droid, non Yuuzhan Vong

- 7 Force-users

This mean that force users PrC represent 21% of all the PrC or 24% if you don't play a droid or Yuuzhan Vong. I guess it's a matter of perspective if this is too much or not.

But the thing is that when I don't do a force-user character, I usually have a lot more trouble finding a PrC that fit.

For example with Padme (or a political aid senator I had for that matter) the choice are:

- Charlatan (I do deception, but not this kind)

- Corporate Agent (Sadly I don't work for a corporation)

- Crime Lord (I need to be a criminal now for having a PrC?)

- Officer (Duh I am a civilian advocating civil government)

So, no PrC. And then you see all the people in your group taking PrC and having there firepower increase. And I feel shaft by the system. Hence my wish of at least advance base class.

For example with Padme (or a political aid senator I had for that matter) the choice are:

- Charlatan (I do deception, but not this kind)

- Corporate Agent (Sadly I don't work for a corporation)

- Crime Lord (I need to be a criminal now for having a PrC?)

- Officer (Duh I am a civilian advocating civil government)

So, no PrC. And then you see all the people in your group taking PrC and having there firepower increase. And I feel shaft by the system. Hence my wish of at least advance base class.

You mean you can't think outside the box enough to use Corporate Agent, Crime Lord, or Officer for someone like Padme?

Corporate Agent: I think being a member of the Galactic Senate would qualify in my books.
Crime Lord: Where do you see "must be a criminal" in the prerequisites? If the name bugs you, change it from Crime Lord to Queen of Naboo.
Officer: Well she was a queen of Naboo leading her people, yea I can see her having a few levels of Officer. 

You mean you can't think outside the box enough to use Corporate Agent, Crime Lord, or Officer for someone like Padme?

Thank for you doing presomptions about how I can think about the box. And of course I can just invent a new one if I want. The thing I would have like is that the system offer me this kind of flexibility without having to house rule...

Corporate Agent: I think being a member of the Galactic Senate would qualify in my books.

Well a corporation ain't neccesarly a government. And in the case of the galactic senate, it is clearly not a corporation. And most of the ability of the corporate agent are clearly link to corporation like mindset. The thing that I see the most would be the fact that wealth stack.

Crime Lord: where do you see "must be a criminal" in the prerequisites?

I agree that most of it's ability aren't that crimey at the exception of perhaps infamy. That could be the best fit to date.

Officer: well she was a queen of Naboo leading her people, yea I can see her having a few levels of Officer.

Leading a people ain't neccesarly the same as leading a military. An officer has to deal with a lot of tactical and logistical detail that a political man/woman don't have to deal with. And most of the ability are how to flank/assault, which make it weird to forgo the knowledge (tactic) requirement.

But even then, there is not evident fit like Jedi knight or Force Adept would have for a force-user.

A lot of people suggest using "Crime Lord" as a "Senator" or other government official PrC. Even Rodney (IIRC, this was his reason for not doing an actual senator prestige class for GoI). And "refluffing" isn't the same thing as "house ruling".

~ David G. Allen

Well a corporation ain't neccesarly a government. And in the case of the galactic senate, it is clearly not a corporation. And most of the ability of the corporate agent are clearly link to corporation like mindset. The thing that I see the most would be the fact that wealth stack.

Leading a people ain't neccesarly the same as leading a military. An officer has to deal with a lot of tactical and logistical detail that a political man/woman don't have to deal with. And most of the ability are how to flank/assault, which make it weird to forgo the knowledge (tactic) requirement.

Give me a break, your going to say Corporate Agent doesn't suit someone like Padme because she's a member of government agency (the galactic senate)?

So creating, and leading the assault to reclaim her palace in episode 1 doesn't fit your idea of the Officer prestige class? 

A lot of people suggest using "Crime Lord" as a "Senator" or other government official PrC. Even Rodney (IIRC, this was his reason for not doing an actual senator prestige class for GoI). And "refluffing" isn't the same thing as "house ruling".

Which is why I just told that it could work in the precedent post. And thank you for that tidbit about Rodney.

And that still don't solve the case of other character concept that don't neccesarly fall into the existing PrC. For example, how would you envision an holovid star?

Give me a break, your going to say Corporate Agent doesn't suit someone like Padme because she's a member of government agency (the galactic senate)?

Yep! and with a straigh face!

So creating, and leading the assault to reclaim her palace in episode 1 doesn't fit your idea of the Officer prestige class?

Doing it once doesn't make you an officer. And while she was inspiring the troops, Panaka was doing the actual work of military tactic and logistic.

This isn't a Saga supplement, but I found The Essential Atlas works well for keeping your bearings in the Star Wars universe. It also provides information about various worlds, such as languages, species, length of day, terrain types, major imports/exports, etc. You might want to check it out if you haven't already.

Some one in my group has this book, it gets used from time to time.
But to recenter all this on the topic of the thread, what I understand is that in your opinion we have enough PrC right now in SAGA and that a last book should not add new ones?
And that still don't solve the case of other character concept that don't neccesarly fall into the existing PrC. For example, how would you envision an holovid star?

That depends on the character concept, is the holovid star an action/stunt hero?

If so, I would probably give him a level or two in soldier to represent physical training for various movie roles, maybe even take a level or two in Martial Arts Master if the character in question was an action star.

But it comes down the character concept, a holovid star is just an empty term until you define the character's interests, behaviours, weaknesses, personality, etc.

Doing it once doesn't make you an officer. And while she was inspiring the troops, Panaka was doing the actual work of military tactic and logistic.

No offense, but I think your problem with prestige classes is that you want them to all be a clear-cut representation of your character concepts. In other words, you want a Queen or Senator prestige class for Padme, instead of looking at what best represents her actions and not her titles.

EDIT: plus you should watch episode 1 again and see just how much Padme does compared to Panaka.

No offense, but I think your problem with prestige classes is that you want them to all be a clear-cut representation of your character choices. In other words you want a Queen or Senator prestige class for Padme, instead of looking at what best represents her actions and not her titles.

Which is probably why I want a generic Advanced base class PrC instead of having a Queen PrC, a Senator PrC etc...

But enough thread derailment. I want to know why you don't want new PrC in a new book. And more importantly what you want in a new book.

But enough thread derailment. I want to know why you don't want new PrC in a new book.

I never said I didn't want any new prestige classes, I was pointing out that the books already have numerous PrC options to build a character such as Padme.

Holy smokes, Rob Shanti hath returned… even if it was only momentarily. That was nice. A lot of us were worried about the permanency of your departure, so as long as your still kickin… I am quite happy.

As for a last tidbit of official material: I would love to see the University of Sanbra’s official compilation of Ancient Civilizations: Rakatan, Kwa, Celestial,  Stix ( <-Sp? with hidden blueprints in their DNA), Stennos (living rock) and all the extinct circus side shows of legends past… Additional gear/ship/weapon templates, flora/fauna/poisons (with prices), fringer / retro talent trees and a corresponding star chart for each above topic.

And if they were to squeeze any ‘old-school’ Force stuff… it should be the pre-Dark alchemy (pre-lightsaber swords, amulets and such) … like a big Tython Yard sale or something.

Which is why I just told that it could work in the precedent post. And thank you for that tidbit about Rodney.

CRIME LORD all the way.  Deception and Persuasion seem like they'd be the back bone for a perform (even when the RCR "Perform" skill gets pushed into Persuasion) and those talent trees look like good choices to lead a character into the spot light.  When it comes to the CrimeLord's talent list I think all the SECR ones work; Infamy works because you're a famous person who people don't want to hurt or upset and the Mastermind tree just refer to the effect you can have on your followers
No offense, but I think your problem with prestige classes is that you want them to all be a clear-cut representation of your character choices. In other words you want a Queen or Senator prestige class for Padme, instead of looking at what best represents her actions and not her titles.

Which is probably why I want a generic Advanced base class PrC instead of having a Queen PrC, a Senator PrC etc...

Forget about class names and fluff.  Many of use realize that the Jedi base class is NOT a requirement to be a "Jedi" nor does taking the class make you a "Jedi" but if it was called "Lightsaber Wielding Force User" could you imagine the uproar because there is no "Jedi" class?  The same is true for many other things where if you don't like the name but the mechanics work just go with it but in the game world you'd be calling yourself something else like "senator" when you really have levels in the "Crime Lord" class.

I'll also mention that the Force using PrCs may be worse than the other PrCs about exclusivity.  The Jedi Knight, Imperial Knight (LECG), and Sith Apprentice are really all the exact same class with just a few minor exceptions including different "special" entry requirements.  The Force Adept class (the "universal" Force User PrC) also fails terribly at representing all the other force users because some have martial traditions the are much better met by using the "Imperial Jedi Apprentice" class.

On topic I'm a little surprise by all the people who basically would like a "Compendium" style book.  Without rehashing everything else I don't think there are really enough "new" species to merit an Alien Anthology except to satisify people looking for niche species to min/max a given concept.  When it comes to adding racial feats to other species I almost hate to point it out but a lot of the ones we have are perfectly adaptable to other species that share the same species trait that a given feat enhances.  The idea of expanding the Background mechanic is crazy to me; you have the current benefit types and all you need to do is pick three skills and figure out some way to put them together and you have a new Background to add.
Yeah, crime lord is pretty much the go-to prc for any "important public figure" concept (be it politician, celebrity or actual crime lord).

For example, how would you envision an holovid star?

Your wish is Quvmoh's command.

The thing for me is: what kind of holovid star are talking about here? I think a holovid star could easily be recreated using the existing rules. I'd say mostly noble, although perhaps some scoundrel as well, then crime lord for a prc.

~ David G. Allen

Also, any Holovid star worth his/her salt should have Minions an entourage.